Plutonium Dice

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Count Arioch the 28th
King

Re: Plutonium Dice

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Dragonforce isn't hard enough for me either. I prefer Finntroll, Ensiferum, or Dethklok. Although I've been branching out a bit lately, and am willing to take suggestions.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

Heh, you having the good taste to like Finntroll and Ensiferum makes me wanna find out about this Dethklok. I'd suggest Burzum and Therion, if you're taking ideas.
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

"Dragonforce: the hardest metal!" is just a bit of a running joke on the Intarwebz, making fun of both "Diamond: the hardest metal" and also the "Dragonforce is so extreme!" at the same time.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
cthulhu
Duke

Post by cthulhu »

I actually like dragonforce, mostly because they do fun sing along face paced metal which I enjoy, but when I went to their concert when they played in sydney, I was wondering what the fuck was up with the guy infront of me's dreadlocks

Then I noticed that the fucker actually had two very crappy plastic swords stuffed down the back of his shirt, and the weird 'dreadwaves' were caused by the hilt of the swords. Other people had crappy plastic shields, helmets, and swords which they waved during the song.

liking dragonforce for their cheesy awesome (which they are) is okay, but seriously. Swords? That must have cost a whole dollar? What the hell?

PS finntroll is awesome, and the maiden concert was also awesome.

JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

My first CD ever was Gravity Kills in 1996 so that's tinged my preference for rock with a heavy electronic stain.
Sorry, no Dragonforce for me.
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

Do Finntroll etc involve a crap male vocalist who can't sing?
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Pshhh.. Skinny Puppy does, and I still listen to 'em....
Desdan_Mervolam
Knight-Baron

Post by Desdan_Mervolam »

I like Nightwish... sometimes. Now, before I continue, I haven't heard their latest album, before which there was a major shakeup in the band. Nightwish has two modes they switch between: Sappy gothy pap, and facemelting orchestral metal. Over all it's pretty hit or miss, so usually I keep a mix CD which I update whenever I get new Nightwish, because I don't really need to listen to crap like "Swanheart" or "White Night Fantasy" when I could be listening to stuff like "Planet Hell" or "The Kinslayer".

-Desdan
Don't bother trying to impress gamers. They're too busy trying to impress you to care.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Draco_Argentum at [unixtime wrote:1204351997[/unixtime]]Do Finntroll etc involve a crap male vocalist who can't sing?

None of the bands have a crappy lead vocalist that can't simg.

Dethklok and Fintroll's lead singers use harsh metal vocals

Ensiferum uses two singers, one for harsh vocals and one for smooth vocals.

I admit harsh metal vocals are in fact an acquired taste, but that doesn't mean a lack of vocal ability.

(I'm trying to learn to sing harsh vocals like that without shredding my voice up, from what I've read, if you have the proper technicque it can be done.)
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Bigode at [unixtime wrote:1204329428[/unixtime]]Heh, you having the good taste to like Finntroll and Ensiferum makes me wanna find out about this Dethklok. I'd suggest Burzum and Therion, if you're taking ideas.

Well, be warned that Dethklok is only a "real band" insofar as Spinal Tap is a real band. (I also like Spinal Tap, for what it's worth. Yeah, I know it's a movie band, but those guys can play pretty good.)

Here's some relevant you-tube:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oy_Pn_P11JU[ ... r][br]They have a CD out, called Dethklok: The Dethalbum
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

Count_Arioch_the_28th at [unixtime wrote:1204386088[/unixtime]]I admit harsh metal vocals are in fact an acquired taste, but that doesn't mean a lack of vocal ability.

Nice pickup of what I was getting it. I don't suppose anyone knows any bands which don't have the harsh male vocals, or at least very little.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Draco_Argentum at [unixtime wrote:1204422228[/unixtime]]
Nice pickup of what I was getting it. I don't suppose anyone knows any bands which don't have the harsh male vocals, or at least very little.

Nightwish is almost all female operatics. Still made out of awesome. And yes, Deathklok is made out of liquid awesome injected right into a vein. Although last night I was listening to more LSD fueled music such as Len, Reel 2 Reel, Basement Jaxx, and Men Without Hats. Also awesome if you are in the right frame of mind.

-Username17
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

For people who don't mind harsh vocals and aren't mainstream Abrahamic, I also recall Rudra, to keep going in folk metal land.

Draco: try Therion then. Relevant tubes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31kCbqu9oAI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qozkpzlndU
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Damn, how is it that I've been missing out on this show? I mean, lack of cable is no excuse! Metalocalypse is simply astounding.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

cthulhu
Duke

Post by cthulhu »

Try the song seasonspeech by elvenking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LN-ciEpCU4

Fan
dabby dabulous
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

I'm a big Nightwish fan. Therion I've heard Vovin, wasn't that taken with it. Blind Guardian and Lacuna Coil sound pretty good from what I've heard so far.
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

Blind Guardian's a big pile of awesome, yes. But on Dethklok: OK, I liked the other 2, but Castratikron's lyrics make me want liquid anti-nitrogen for my brains ...
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Wow. My girlfriend had shown me Nightwish and I forgot all about it until now...
Count Arioch the 28th
King

I like Nightwish too. I'm not an expert on the band per se, but I like a couple of their songs.