2 Barbarous PrCs: Berzerker and Bloodspiller

The homebrew forum

Moderator: Moderators

Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

Thanks Bigode, I haven't been here in a while actually. I'll look at this some time this week.
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

Berzerker: first, why the piercing/slashing requirement (since I thoroughly fail to see a problem with getting really pissed while using a tetsubo, or ... fists)? Proficiencies might look like they'd change due with the requirement being thrown out, not sure if it matters.

-changed to lethal weapons

The RP requirement's impossible to meet - there's always XP ahead. (That was a joke.)
-done

[Fill in class skill list.]
-I don't give a shit; pick what fits. You can't use Mental-based skills except for Intimidate while Raging or in a Frenzy.

Might wanna make armor penalties to added together before applying any reductions or comparisons (if they were intended to already, might spell out).
-it says that ACP and ASP are both added; what happens is that you can wear a "big suit" with a high ACP; and you can wear a 'lighter' suit overtop, that has a lower ACP.
-I need to make the rules not 'count' your first suit as being "worn" with regards to sleeping and fatigue

How much fast healing?
-fixed

Natural wearer of armor seems to me to be a pretty big benefit,
-you get natty armour from your first suit of armour; and then can wear a second, lighter suit of armour on top

and hate magic likely a disadvantage in aggregate - so perhaps both should come at same level.
-Fixed Hate Magic, it's now not useless

Energies: D&D actually has at most 7 of those (don't mistake "energy kind" for "damage type" - those are indeed deep into Crazy Town), so I don't know what's the deal with making the damage fire, period.

-I want this to be able to damage Outsiders even if they don't have the "right" weapons. Outsiders usually have Fire resistance the way humans have eyes and hair; almost always.

Sharpness: might just say "suppressed or reactivated as a non-action"; not much use repeating the effect if it's a reference to BoG specifically (though, as for the .pdf, that really should contain a link); also, might include withering depending on what's done about prerequisites/proficiencies.
-Good point; I'll make it both of those

"a melee weapon of any size"; and isn't the "size category consistent with weight" part much like how it should work for everyone as per RoW?

Yes, but they count as turning any improvised weapon that would normally do subdual damage; like a chair, or mug; into one that deals lethal damage. They also don't take penalties if they pick up anything and try to clobber someone with it. Book, Pencil, Tree, Squirrel, it's all viable.
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.