Stay Classy Paizo.

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

malak
Master

Post by malak »

virgil wrote:It gets better. From everything I could find on their campaign setting, Golarion, all of the planes are actually in the same physical dimension. James has gone on record stating that teleport and its ilk actually only have a intra-planetary range, which is why it takes epic-magic to teleport to the Mars expy. He's explicity stated that the cosmology permits one to physically fly from the setting's prime world to the Abyss if given an unreasonable amount of time.

Therefore, in said setting, the monk also has planeshift.
PF - A Guide to the Multiverse wrote: More than simply a conceptual model, planar theory separates Golarion’s planes into two distinct regions: the Inner and Outer Spheres. The planes of the Outer Sphere rest upon the inner surface of a great, hollow sphere, with the planes of the Inner Sphere nestled at the sphere’s core, separated by the void of the Astral.
You would have to 'dig' (or it's equivalent) through all the planes in between... so planeshift is useful, after all.

On the other hand, I cannot possibly imagine why anyone would use PF planes (or 4E planes) instead of the original planescape multiverse...
Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

TOZ wrote:They can also turn into cockroaches.
Immortality wrote: At 20th level, a monk of the four
winds no longer ages. He remains in his current age
category forever. Even if the monk comes to a violent
end, he spontaneously reincarnates (as the spell) 24 hours
later in a place of his choosing within 20 miles of the
place he died. The monk must have visited the place in
which he returns back to life at least once. This ability
replaces perfect self.
So basically he also auto lifes every single day. Well, at least the party doesn't have to burn any more diamonds.
Draco_Argentum wrote:
Mister_Sinister wrote:Clearly, your cock is part of the big barrel the server's busy sucking on.
Can someone tell it to stop using its teeth please?
Juton wrote:Damn, I thought [Pathfailure] accidentally created a feat worth taking, my mistake.
Koumei wrote:Shad, please just punch yourself in the face until you are too dizzy to type. I would greatly appreciate that.
Kaelik wrote:No, bad liar. Stop lying.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type I - doing exactly the opposite of what they said they would do.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type II - change for the sake of change.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type III - the illusion of change.
Wyzzard
Apprentice

Post by Wyzzard »

malak wrote:
PF - A Guide to the Multiverse wrote: More than simply a conceptual model, planar theory separates Golarion’s planes into two distinct regions: the Inner and Outer Spheres. The planes of the Outer Sphere rest upon the inner surface of a great, hollow sphere, with the planes of the Inner Sphere nestled at the sphere’s core, separated by the void of the Astral.
Sooo... the PF multiverse isn't really a multiverse at all?

I don't even know why I'm surprised that PF would be lame like this.
hogarth
Prince

Post by hogarth »

Wyzzard wrote:
malak wrote:
Sooo... the PF multiverse isn't really a multiverse at all?

I don't even know why I'm surprised that PF would be lame like this.
"Lame" is just a matter of taste. Once upon a time, I came up with a homebrew campaign setting where you could walk from the prime material plane to the elemental planes (i.e., if you walked far enough north, you'd reach the Plane of Water, and if you walked far enough south, you'd reach the Plane of Fire). I thought it was an interesting idea.

I can't comment on Paizo's cosmology, though.
For Valor
Knight-Baron

Post by For Valor »

I respect that cosmology; it's more sophisticated than a lot of other things that Paizo's come up with.
Mask wrote:And for the love of all that is good and unholy, just get a fucking hippogrif mount and pretend its a flying worg.