[LP] The Riddling Reaver!

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Dr_Noface
Knight-Baron

Post by Dr_Noface »

Dirk will purchase:

Lantern (does it consume oil or candles?) 2 gp
Throwing Dagger 3 gp
Tent 3 gp

We could each put in some coin to purchase a rope. I'll put forward 3 gp, ie 5 yards.
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

Uhhh......we already have ropes. All of us started with some rope, so between us we already have lots of those. I don't think we need more.

Sir Puppykicker will pay for the remaining stuff that O'Killitwithfire requested but can't afford.

I'm not sure we need the grappling hook. We have 4 gaff hooks between us, more than enough to turn into a makeshift grapple-iron. I guess we can keep the gaff hooks as a backup plan. We certainly shouldn't buy more than 1, though, they cost half a fortune.

And 3 of us bought lanterns. Again, I don't think we need a lantern for everyone. 3 for 6 of us should do nicely.

I'm not sure we want to spend all the gold here.....Sir Puppykicker will ask Dappa whether there're any shops here that sell magical items or other forms of magical help. If there is, we might want to save some gold for that.

BTW, since SW is inactive now, is there anyway we can make the wizard use his STAMNA spells? Sir Puppykicker needs healing badly.
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

*cough*potionsofstrength
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

Sirocco wrote:*cough*potionsofstrength
I think so far, the various responses we've encountered form all the characters regarding this topic is essentially the GM's way of telling us that we've won't find any in this city. :tongue:

I'm starting to suspect we'll have to raid the Reaver's lair for it.
Dr_Noface
Knight-Baron

Post by Dr_Noface »

Ah my bad. No rope for this Dirk.

EDIT: Also, Dirk will buy a two-person tent. Might reduce the chances of Dirk dying alone in the dark.
Last edited by Dr_Noface on Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

'The tattoo artist at the Flesh-and-Pen Emporium claims his tattoos have magical properties,' says Dappa. He sniffs. 'I've never seen any evidence that they work, though.'

Manstaff duly waves his hands and Puppykicker's wounds recover somewhat.
Bajinga Ladyparts [SKILL: 12, STAMINA: 23, LUCK: 11]
Sword, Backpack, Rope, 10 Provisions, Silk Clothing, Shield, Mail, Bow, 12 Arrows, Knife, Gaff Hook, 16 Gold Pieces.

Dirk O'Killitwithfire [SKILL: 12, STAMINA: 11/22, LUCK: 9/12]
Spear, Backpack, Rope, 10 Provisions, Silk Clothing, Shield, Mail, Bow, 12 Arrows, Knife, Gaff Hook, Minotaur's Ring, 2 Gold Pieces, Grappling Iron, Lantern, Leather Gloves, Throwing Dagger.

Dirk von Facestabber III [SKILL: 12 STAMINA: 16/24, LUCK: 8/12]
Axe, Backpack, Rope, 10 Provisions, Silk Clothing, Shield, Mail, Bow, 12 Arrows, Giant Snake Tooth, Weathervane, 6 Gold Pieces, Lantern, Throwing Dagger, 2-Man Tent.

Manstaff Cockbeard [SKILL: 10, STAMINA: 14, LUCK: 8]
Staff, Backpack, Rope, 10 Provisions, Silk Clothing, Shield, Mail, Bow, 12 Arrows,16 Gold Pieces.
Skill, Luck x2, Stamina x3, Creature Copy x3, Weakness

Sir Puppykicker [SKILL: 9/11, STAMINA: 12/16, LUCK: 11]
Sword, Backpack, Rope, 9 Provisions, Silk Clothing, Shield, Mail, Bow, 12 Arrows, Drugged Half-eaten Apple, Cask of Ale, 2 Gaff Hooks, 14 Gold Pieces, Leather Gloves, Blanket, Throwing Dagger, Lantern.

Willie Johnson [SKILL: 9/11, STAMINA: 15/21, LUCK: 10]
Sword, Backpack, Rope, 10 Provisions, Silk Clothing, Shield, Mail, Bow, 12 Arrows, Knife, 16 Gold Pieces
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

Sir Puppykicker blinks and glances at von Facetsabber at the mention of magical tattoos.

"Well, we do have someone who knows a thing or two about those." he chuckles. "I say we pay this tattooist a visit....that is, if the rest of you are done here, of course."
Dr_Noface
Knight-Baron

Post by Dr_Noface »

I'm game.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

"I'm down with that," Dirk agrees.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

Willie says: "While this sounds fascinating, I think getting one might be a problem while we're afflicted with this curse."
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

"Well, it's worth a look, at least. For all we know he might have some magic tattoos that cures spider venom. Or one that points us in the direction of a bloody Potion of Strength."
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

"Well, it certainly doesn't hurt to try."
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

'Well, the Emporium is at least close to that barber I mentioned earlier,' says Dappa. You leave the market square, passing by several vendors hawking wares from carts.
The Flesh-and-Pen Emporium is a gaudily decorated building. Its walls are covered with designs for lurid tattoos. Judging by the nautical flavor of many of the pictures, the Emporium is a favorite of sailors. Standing just outside the entrance to the building is a burly fellow. He wears only a loincloth, and is covered from head to foot in tattoos.

He has attracted a small crowd of admiring street urchins and passers-by, to whom he is demonstrating the unique qualities of his designs. As he flexes his right arm, the tattoo of a belly-dancer comes to life, while on his left, a fearsome cobra rears and strikes. The interior houses even more of these fabulous works of art. Some of them have been drawn on thick parchment, others adorn what looks like flayed skin!

Busily at work on his latest masterpiece is a craggy old Dwarf who must be well over two hundred years old. His willing victim is whining pitifully as the Dwarf's needles prick his flesh. With a final flourish, the tattoo is complete, and the shaken sailor staggers over to a full-length mirror. The design is of a blazing sun beating down on a tropical island.

'With this enchanted tattoo, my friend, you will never catch cold again!' croaks the Dwarf. The sailor grimaces.

'I should think so too, after all I've had to endure!' he mutters, slipping on his shirt and departing.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Dirk will approach the tattoo artist and greet him, asking what kinds of tattoos he does, and which of those have special powers.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

'All kinds, young man, except for bad ones. Poor art is quite beyond my skills at this point.' He hacks out a hideous wheezing laugh that goes on and on. 'But my truly special ones are the Rising Sun, for protection from the cold and rain; the Leaping Tiger, for ferocity in battle; the Eagle, for keen eyes; and the Cobra, to entrance. Twenty-five Gold Pieces each, and that's not negotiable.'

Across the street, Dappa is pointing with both hands at a barber's sign.
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

"I think our party should have one of each, or at least the Tiger and the Eagle."

Willie checks out the barber shop.
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

Sirocco wrote:"I think our party should have one of each, or at least the Tiger and the Eagle."
"That's 25 gold each. Much as I like the idea, I don't think we have the cash." Sir Puppykicker murmurs (while trying not to let the tattooist overhear).

"I definitely think at least one of us should get the Cobra and the Eagle, though. I'd take the Eagle one, if the rest of you don't mind chipping in the remaining 11 gold I'm missing."
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

I meant 2-4 tatoos for the entire party, not for each one. I'm willing to chip in.
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Dirk is willing to be the recipient of any tattoos that are being offered, and will also chip in if he has any money (which he probably doesn't.)
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

Sirocco wrote:I meant 2-4 tatoos for the entire party, not for each one.
I know. I don't think we have enough for 4, is what I was saying. We'd need 100 for all of them. We barely had that much to start with, and we already spent some at the market.

Does Sir Puppykicker need to shave off some hair before he gets the Eagle tattoo? We might have to spend some money on the barber, too...
Last edited by SGamerz on Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

I'm sure Bajinga and Manstaff won't object to contributing their monies towards tattoos. That's 32 GP. Take out 11 for Puppykicker's deficit (and one more for a shave), and that's 20 left over, which can cover anyone but Dirk O. getting the second tattoo.

However, since Bajinga and Manstaff are AWOL, Puppykicker is already getting one, Dirk O. is broke and (as it turns out) the dwarf will refuse to work on Dirk Von Facestabber III, it seems like Willie is the best candidate.
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

I'm game. Pick one and I'll get the other.
SGamerz
King

Post by SGamerz »

I already picked the Eagle. I also thought the Cobra will be useful, but since you're the one getting the other tattoo, it's up to you if you prefer the Tiger.
Sirocco
Knight-Baron

Post by Sirocco »

I think we're good, combat-wise. I can get the Cobra for that extra edge.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

For a Gold Piece each, the barber removes your strange spider-hair, the novelty of the task overcoming any revulsion he might feel. You had forgotten what it felt like to not itch from head to toe, and your SKILL is restored.

Then, for the agreed sum, the ancient dwarf grinds his inks into your skin, creating images both elaborate and beautiful. His speed is absurd, his hands unbelievably sure, and in only an hour or so each the work is done. It did hurt a lot. The dwarf apparently prizes productivity over comfort.

Dappa is incredulous. 'I can't believe you're actually paying this charlatan. If you notice any benefits, it'll just be power of suggestion.'

Sir Puppykicker gets a surly eagle on his shoulder.
His vision does seem... different, but it's more disorienting than useful. 'You'll get used to it,' the dwarf croaks. 'Sleep on it, and you'll be right.'

Willie gets an angry cobra on his throat.
'Your art must be exposed to work,' the dwarf explains. 'And since you look like a man whose hands are often full, now you just have to tip your head back to show it off.'

Is there anything more to do before making your way to Brion's Bluff?
Bajinga Ladyparts [SKILL: 12, STAMINA: 23, LUCK: 11]
Sword, Backpack, Rope, 10 Provisions, Silk Clothing, Shield, Mail, Bow, 12 Arrows, Knife, Gaff Hook, 5 Gold Pieces.

Dirk O'Killitwithfire [SKILL: 12, STAMINA: 11/22, LUCK: 9/12]
Spear, Backpack, Rope, 10 Provisions, Silk Clothing, Shield, Mail, Bow, 12 Arrows, Knife, Gaff Hook, Minotaur's Ring, 2 Gold Pieces, Grappling Iron, Lantern, Leather Gloves, Throwing Dagger.

Dirk von Facestabber III [SKILL: 12 STAMINA: 16/24, LUCK: 8/12]
Axe, Backpack, Rope, 10 Provisions, Silk Clothing, Shield, Mail, Bow, 12 Arrows, Giant Snake Tooth, Weathervane, 6 Gold Pieces, Lantern, Throwing Dagger, 2-Man Tent.

Manstaff Cockbeard [SKILL: 10, STAMINA: 14, LUCK: 8]
Staff, Backpack, Rope, 10 Provisions, Silk Clothing, Shield, Mail, Bow, 12 Arrows, 5 Gold Pieces.
Skill, Luck x2, Stamina x3, Creature Copy x3, Weakness

Sir Puppykicker [SKILL: 11, STAMINA: 12/16, LUCK: 11]
Sword, Backpack, Rope, 9 Provisions, Silk Clothing, Shield, Mail, Bow, 12 Arrows, Drugged Half-eaten Apple, Cask of Ale, 2 Gaff Hooks, Leather Gloves, Blanket, Throwing Dagger, Lantern, Eagle Tattoo.

Willie Johnson [SKILL: 11, STAMINA: 15/21, LUCK: 10]
Sword, Backpack, Rope, 10 Provisions, Silk Clothing, Shield, Mail, Bow, 12 Arrows, Knife, Cobra Tattoo.