You do fucking win at D&D.

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

nockermensch
Duke

Post by nockermensch »

Lord Mistborn wrote:Your position is indefensible. Due to the fact that D&D is a subjetive game. You claim that rules and rolls should be subservient to everybody's fun. Then you post shit like this.

<snip awesome opinions>

This is why all you've done lately is attack me, because you real position is indefensible. Now are you going to explain yourself or are you going to stay forced meme.
I fixed my position there, because you keep quoting it wrong. And here I had just fixed my irony meter, but seeing that you're trying to play quotemining on me, it just exploded. Mistborn's position, ladies and gentleman, regarding interaction with NPCs, is this:
Misty fucking wrote:Nope If you want to convince someone to do something specific too bad. There are no rules for that so you can't do it.
I never said something as damaging for the idea of a tabletop RPG as what you said on that quote, Misty. You're the demons.
@ @ Nockermensch
Koumei wrote:After all, in Firefox you keep tabs in your browser, but in SovietPutin's Russia, browser keeps tabs on you.
Mord wrote:Chromatic Wolves are massively under-CRed. Its "Dood to stone" spell-like is a TPK waiting to happen if you run into it before anyone in the party has Dance of Sack or Shield of Farts.
tussock
Prince

Post by tussock »

LM's a stupid troll. This thing where he never plays MTP because he makes up new rules as they're needed (uh, like that's different), and no one is allowed to try anything that's not on their character sheet: no one plays like that.

No one. That bit where he'd invent a functional new social mini-game if Diplomacy was any sort of problem, and says he's playing HARDCORE LIKE TWO-GIRLS-ONE-CUP with all the default rules? +50 diplomacy does what now? That is simply not a position any real person can hold.

Well, not in 2012. Monte Cook, Skip Williams, and Jonathan Tweet got a thousand playtesters to not notice for a couple years, presumably by never giving them any Diplomancers to test, or just using modules that dictated an arbitrary DC and effect of the check like the early 3e ones do, ignoring the actual rules.
PC, SJW, anti-fascist, not being a dick, or working on it, he/him.
Mistborn
Duke

Post by Mistborn »

tussock wrote:LM's a stupid troll. This thing where he never plays MTP because he makes up new rules as they're needed (uh, like that's different), and no one is allowed to try anything that's not on their character sheet: no one plays like that.
Do you actually have a learning disability? There is a difference between having rules (3.5 RAW or your own personal houserules) and sticking to them and MTP, when people use Tome they aren't MTPing. The fact that you are unable to understand this make me genuinely wonder if you are mentally challenged.

As for social rules apparently some people here are still raging over the ones I use at my table. I never put a lot of effort into making social rules people will like because there is no set of social mechanics the actually make people happy. I think Lago had a thread about that a while back.
Last edited by Mistborn on Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lans
NPC

Post by lans »

Mr. GC wrote:
Kaelik wrote:
Mr. GC wrote:Non shit tier melee has a range greater than 100
Please describe this.
Flying pounces. Only way that might actually work is if the dragon is straight up since ascending is half speed for non perfect maneuverability.
I hope this wasn't covered, but you can't charge while upwards at all unless you have per.ct maneuverability.
SRD on charging wrote: nothing can hinder your movement... if any line from your starting space to the ending space passes through a square that... slows movement... you can’t charge.
I actually forgot about the Spectral Hand +2. You can ignore the Dex then.

Doesn't your spectral hand have a 50% chance of dying to an AoO?
Mr. GC wrote: . Meanwhile enemy offense? Enemy offense is actually BETTER in RAW, as they do the same or more damage while you have less HP and AC. .
Pretty sure this is complete BS CR 8 monsters do like half what you stated , assuming the shadow demon was about that
CapnTthePirateG
Duke

Post by CapnTthePirateG »

WHY IS THIS FUCKING STUPID THREAD BACK ARGH GOD WHY
OgreBattle wrote:"And thus the denizens learned that hating Shadzar was the only thing they had in common, and with him gone they turned their venom upon each other"
-Sarpadian Empires, vol. I
lans
NPC

Post by lans »

Because somebody were wrong on the internet.
Juton
Duke

Post by Juton »

CapnTthePirateG wrote:WHY IS THIS FUCKING STUPID THREAD BACK ARGH GOD WHY
Look at the posters join date, look at his grammar and his post count. Troll maybe?
Oh thank God, finally a thread about how Fighters in D&D suck. This was a long time coming. - Schwarzkopf
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Or could just be new and not realize how stupid this thread got during it's run. He might not realize that the thread died* when we all stopped responding to Roy/GC when he made it obvious that he wasn't interested in intellectual honesty.

*Well, I guess it got re-purposed for about ten pages, or so.
lans
NPC

Post by lans »

I didn't think the last 5 pages would be that bad, but with that aside I felt pointing out that the rules state that GC's strategy doesn't work was important, because none of you people called him out on it. Plus I was a bit curious if it was possible to pry more on the stats from his characters.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Juton wrote:Look at the posters join date, look at his grammar and his post count. Troll maybe?
You are incredibly quick to call troll. Relax, man. Thread necro happens all the time, this thread isn't even that old, and a new poster wouldn't be aware of the absolutely terrible shitstorm of stupid this thread turned into.
lans wrote:Plus I was a bit curious if it was possible to pry more on the stats from his characters.
We spent half of this thread trying to do just that and failing. But anyway, GC is gone now. It's a little ambiguous, but it looked like it was the new account of a previously banned user, and he presumably got banned again. I sort of stopped paying attention to the GC threads at some point, so I dunno how that story ended.
lans
NPC

Post by lans »

The thread was still on the first page, I didn't think it was really a necro or that GC had left when I made the post .