Piracy and Profit

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Ikeren wrote:
Pretty sure SC II didn't have a demo either.
It does; the first 5 levels of the Terran Campaign, several of the "test thingies" (the ghost nukes one, the handful of units one). You could also play online matches, as long as they were unranked randoms, and you could only play terran. You also could play up to 4 player games with 3 AI, but the AI had to be on easy.

It was 6-8 gigs.
That's pretty good for a demo. I mean, we're practically talking "As good as the old Shareware days when you got the entire first chapter (out of, traditionally, 4) for free".
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Vnonymous
Knight

Post by Vnonymous »

Huh, why on earth did anyone buy SCII then? I mean didn't DSMatticus just state that good demos would cannibalize sales?

I mean, if what DSMatticus said is true, then SC II must have been an absolute dog, sales wise. I wonder which of us is living in the bizarro universe.
DSMatticus
King

Post by DSMatticus »

Vnonymous wrote:Huh, why on earth did anyone buy SCII then? I mean didn't DSMatticus just state that good demos would cannibalize sales?

I mean, if what DSMatticus said is true, then SC II must have been an absolute dog, sales wise. I wonder which of us is living in the bizarro universe.
You are being retarded. Again. Do a thread reread and give that post another shot. Or don't, whatever.
Vnonymous
Knight

Post by Vnonymous »

Hey, you're right. My mistake.

Its' actually Cthulhu who's living in the bizarro universe.