K
King

Post by K »

Caliborn wrote:Where is that from?
His profile.
Calibron
Knight-Baron

Post by Calibron »

Ah. Well to be fair a lot of people haven't clue one what attributes actually translate to, but claiming to be 19th level is really just moronic if your even the slightest bit serious.
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

FrankTrollman wrote:Since the only reason that anyone cares what they have to say about this or any other topic is that they promised to come in and fix problems, isn't this just a reason to walk away in disgust?
Thats Paizo, we're talking about the fanbois of, well every rules system that has fanbois.

As for dealing with them, don't. You don't need to convince the few vocal opponents in an debate ever. Direct your arguments to the masses since their opinion actually matters.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Draco_Argentum wrote:
As for dealing with them, don't. You don't need to convince the few vocal opponents in an debate ever. Direct your arguments to the masses since their opinion actually matters.
But at Paizo, the opinion of the masses does not matter, since it's a goal oriented board which will produce a product and then be retired. Only those actually in charge of what does and does not go into the final product actually matter in terms of who you convince on any subject. And those people are best described as a few, vocal, opponents.

So there you go.

-Username17
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

The masses only really matter in the "market research" sense. Seriously, this Pathfinder is pretty much "Book of experimental might 1 and 2" with better art. I pretty much have given up on the project because when an alpha release has clearly broken stuff (bard and ranger abilities) and "open playtest" that was just "I am awesome, see look" I added more numbers to the fighter (because that has never been done before).

Most ideas on that board are just plain ignored (hell, during the monk thread some one made a suggestion about something, but 10 post down someone says the same damn thing and now people make comments on it.) I rather put my energy in something that will at least say why the idea is bad for leaving it on the cutting room floor.

A3 is only marginally different than A2, oh and JB is working on the Beta...that is just bloody great.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Absentminded_Wizard
Duke

Post by Absentminded_Wizard »

K wrote:
Absentminded_Wizard wrote: To be fair, it's not Paizo employees saying these things (AFAIK; haven't checked thier profiles for aliases). It seems to just be random fanboys posting in a thread Buhlman hasn't replied to.
You can't see people's aliases in their profile.

As an additional added note, Jason thinks that he's a 19th level character with an Int of 17.
I'm pretty sure I saw a list of aliases in somebody's profile there once. In fact, it gave the total post count of all their aliases. Of course, it's possible that Paizo employees get the ability to opt out of this feature.
Absentminded_Wizard
Duke

From the board that brought you "people who don't want to fix rules," comes "the guy who doesn't want to simplify rules."

http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards/pa ... eLoveOfGOD
Talisman
Duke

Post by Talisman »

I do NOT want to only have to roll one check in order to detect a rogue, I want my bloody Spot AND Listen checks. I want characters who may be good at spotting but bad at listening is that so bloody wrong? I shouldn't be allowed to get 10 bloody ranks in spot, listen AND apparantly now smell, taste and touch just by spending 10 points, that should amount to 50.
Um...yeah...I can sure see that being a big problem.

Because most gamers prefer to track 4-5 little details rather than one.

More complexity! More crunchiness! MOAR, I SAY!!1!!1!!
MartinHarper wrote:Babies are difficult to acquire in comparison to other sources of nutrition.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread. ... 594&page=3
Pathfinder playtest game, I am going through with my idea of using a table fighter. Named Sir Tableton.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
SphereOfFeetMan
Knight-Baron

Post by SphereOfFeetMan »

That's great.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

FrankTrollman wrote:But at Paizo, the opinion of the masses does not matter, since it's a goal oriented board which will produce a product and then be retired.
That comment was directed at the more general case. Although if Paizo's own board was against 3.P that would be a lose for them, just not one worth the time required.
Voss
Prince

Post by Voss »

But the Paizo board was never going to be against Pathfinder. The vast majority of them felt that Paizo was the little guy fighting for freedom against the Big Nasty Evil Corporation, and should be supported in everything they do.

That, and because they liked Dragon, Pathfinder would automagically be perfect.
Cielingcat
Duke

Post by Cielingcat »

Absentminded_Wizard wrote:From the board that brought you "people who don't want to fix rules," comes "the guy who doesn't want to simplify rules."

http://paizo.com/paizo/messageboards/pa ... eLoveOfGOD
Is he serious?
Jerry
Knight

Post by Jerry »

FrankTrollman wrote:But at Paizo, the opinion of the masses does not matter...
It matters if said "masses" are buying the product; unsatisfied customers=complaints and refunds!

Now, if Paizo is just catering to the "fanboys," and the fanboys are happy, then there's no problem.
Harlune
Apprentice

Post by Harlune »

Cielingcat wrote: Is he serious?
What's the old saying 'It's not the game, it's people that are broken'?

I'd like to say that RPG players are the only group where some people will actually argue FOR tediousness and complication in the name of scared cows, 'realism' and tradition...

...but there's also religions and governments.
Absentminded_Wizard
Duke

When I read the guy's original post, I thought for sure he must be joking or trolling. But his responses later in the thread make me think he probably is serious.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

[TGFBS]

If we're going to continue, let's make a new thread.

[/TGFBS]