Shadowrun 4th Edition PDF

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Username17
Serious Badass

Re: My first takes

Post by Username17 »

It took me a while to wrap my mind around what you would actually do with Double Gunning to make it viable (outside of the obvious situation where you get the drop on someone and explode their head like a gajillion ways). The answer seems to be in splitting your dice pool unevenly.

Every time an attack comes your way, you are -1 to your defense rolls against all subsequent attacks until your next action. So someone firing a couple of pistols is subtracting 2 more defense dice each round as compared to someone firing only 1 pistol. And while the minimum dice pool expenditure to make glitches happen at a non-constant rate is 3, that can still be advantageous if you aren't the only person attacking a single enemy.

So you whip out your real gun and a hamerli light pistol, and then you fire the hamerli first during each of your simple actions, and drop only 3 dice into it. The net result is that you are down 3 dice on both of your "real" attacks, and your opponent is down one defense die on your first "real" attack, and down 2 extra defense dice on your second "real" attack. And if anyone else makes an attack at the same enemy this round, you've made an absolute profit.

And there's even a very small chance that your light pistol is going to connect from time to time.

---

This is actually the first two pistol system that I've been able to endorse for anything that I can recall in any game ever.

-Username17
RandomCasualty
Prince

Re: My first takes

Post by RandomCasualty »

Yeah, actually looking at it that way, it would be a nice way to deplete someone's defenses.