Fiend of Possession in three levels....

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

User3
Prince

Fiend of Possession in three levels....

Post by User3 »

The build goes like this:

Play a human from Faerun. Take a Regional Background (Celestial Attended Birth or Mulhorandi Royal) from Heroes of Valor. This gives you the opportunity to take the Otherworldy feat, making you an Outisider (non-Faerun players will have to take an ECL 0 Outsider like the Neraphim, or an LA 1 Tiefling).

Take two classes with +2 Will saves. I recommend Spellthief and Warlock. I like Spellthief for the skills and Warlock for the Spell-likes you can use when you possess stuff.

Take Incarnate as your third level. Pick a Planar Chasible as one of your melds (you might need the Shape Soulmeld feat, since I'm not sure if its on your list). This can give you the [Evil] subtype for as long as you keep the meld shaped, which can be forever. Don't worry about wierd magics unshaping your melds, as you can reshape them each day.

Take your fourth level as Fiend of Possession. Continue until all levels are done, and then take Warlock levels or other classes/PrCs with lots of spell-likes.

Enjoy!

PS. The basic logic behind this build can be used to get into the other "Fiend of" PrCs as well.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Re: Fiend of Possession in three levels....

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Interesting.

As I'm not largely experienced with said PrCs, how might one benefit from this arrangement?
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Username17
Serious Badass

Re: Fiend of Possession in three levels....

Post by Username17 »

I actually think you'd be better off taking a couple of levels of Hexblade before Incarnate, and then after your Fiend of Possession take Vile Warrior classes like Thrall of Jubilex that give you Spell-likes and BAB.

Anyhow, the benefit is that you get to become Ethereal at will and start body hopping - at 4th level. Then you grab yourself a Ghost Touch Weapon and beat the snot out of things while they can't fight back. Or just be a flawless scout. Whatever.

-Username17