Andy Admits Polymorph is too good!

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

User3
Prince

Re: Andy Admits Polymorph is too good!

Post by User3 »

Crissa wrote:This is an example of an ad hominem argument - A circular argument, which defines itself based upon an usupported statement. 'I am an idiot because I am stupid' is an ad hominem arguement (one of my favorites).

Just a quick note: that's not an "ad hominem" at all.

"Ad hominem" arguments are those where you attack the one you're arguing with instead of his opinions.

---

Now, I don't know squat about WoW, I could care less about its power gauges and I don't want to meddle with that particuar debate... But I'm with MrW when he says that Arioch's argumentation here

Arioch wrote:Edit: Granted, they don't nuke as well as mages, they don't tank as well as warriors, and they don't DPS as well as rogues, but the sheer fact that they can do a decent job in all three, as well as match the priest in healing, as well as the fact that Blizzard has nerfed all a priest's otehr abilities to the ground means that I am right. WoW druids are overpowered. Period. end of discussion.

seems to fit the D&D Bard too. And that's odd to say the least, since I've seen time and again those arguments to define the Bard a chump.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

The difference is that a bard doesn't do anything that well.

Give a bard full BaB, d8 hd, and 9 levels of spellcasting, and you have roughly a Wow druid in terms of power.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Neeek
Knight-Baron

Post by Neeek »

Count_Arioch_the_28th at [unixtime wrote:1140555980[/unixtime]]The difference is that a bard doesn't do anything that well.

Sure he does. It's just the Bard's power level is directly proportional to the size of your party. If you have 30 people with you, the Bard is crazy good. If you have 4, not so much.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Huh, I never thought of that. Good point.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

[TGFBS]
This is this thread's last chance to stay on the subject of D&D Polymorph and be a flame free zone.
[/TGFBS]