Fiendish Codex Excerpt: See my man-tears. Real tears.

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

User3
Prince

Fiendish Codex Excerpt: See my man-tears. Real tears.

Post by User3 »

Some days, I wonder at my own ability to write feats. Then I see this BS.

Poison Healer? WFT?!?!? Seriously, WTF? Is their any use of this which is either:

A: Good at all if used as intended, or

B: Not broken if used by players with half a brain?

Seriously. Keeping small vipers in your pockets for healing is wierd, but its not actually fun or good for the game. Its not even like you're doing some crazy sideshow snake-woman shtick or jhave got a Shaker religous flavor, its just raw game-mechanicy crap.

Honestly, the MtG guys have to stop having lunches with the DnD guys.
The_Matthew
Apprentice

Re: Fiendish Codex Excerpt: See my man-tears. Real tears.

Post by The_Matthew »

Thank you K, seeing that reminded me that I have a soul... by stabbing it in the eye...
Absentminded_Wizard
Duke

Post by Absentminded_Wizard »

K wrote:Poison Healer? WFT?!?!? Seriously, WTF? Is their any use of this which is either:

A: Good at all if used as intended

Okay, so what's the intended use? I can't see any use for this besides the stupid cheese.
Doom314's satirical 4e power wrote:Complete AnnihilationWar-metawarrior 1

An awesome bolt of multicolored light fires from your eyes and strikes your foe, disintegrating him into a fine dust in a nonmagical way.

At-will: Martial, Weapon
Standard Action Melee Weapon ("sword", range 10/20)
Target: One Creature
Attack: Con vs AC
Hit: [W] + Con, and the target is slowed.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I'm having trouble thinking of any sort of cheese that's worthwhile at all with this.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
The_Matthew
Apprentice

Post by The_Matthew »

Well, step 1 is to pick up a large number of weakly poisonous animals. Step two is to fill your pants with them. Step three is you walk around like you had fast healing 80 or so and laugh... alot.
User3
Prince

Post by User3 »

Ok, the feat is supposed to work like this:

You run around, and once in a while something tries to poison you, and you get back some HPs. Like a Ranger's Favored Enemy, its either awesome or dumb depending on your DM's whim for that session.

If your party has a member that goes insane with the poison (like an Optimized Shuriken build, or somesuch), the once in a while a DM will toss this on a living guy because he's tired of using undead and constructs to bone you.

Here's the way it actually works:

Your fighter takes this feat, and with his massive and mutliclassed Fort Save he knows that his poison saves are in the bag, failing only on a 1. He runs around with the smallest viper he can find, and has it bite him repeatedly after every battle(since he wants a low DC and his regained HPs comes from his Con mod). One in a while he fails a save, meaning he takes a point of Con damage. Maybe he gets incarnum so he can have a blue shirt and not take any damage at all.

Honestly, if you want Fast Healing, I'm perfectly willing to give it to you; I'm mean, it really should just come on all PCs and then we can take out clerics from DnD.

Dressing it up to not look like Fast Healng and then making people pay two feats for it is lame and game-mechanical and just insulting.

Really insulting.
Fwib
Knight-Baron

Post by Fwib »

They already gave you fast healing for 2 feats in the PHB2 - this is just a totally crazy way to get it better :)
User3
Prince

Post by User3 »

Fwib wrote:They already gave you fast healing for 2 feats in the PHB2 - this is just a totally crazy way to get it better

The crap in the PHB II lasts 11-15 rounds per "encounter", meaning its awesome or crap depending if your DM is a "2-3 big combats a day" guy or a "5-6 small combats a day" guy.
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

Yeah, that feat made me sad too.
User3
Prince

Post by User3 »

The key would be to get into a position where you are immune to temporary ability damage - easy enough to do in several ways.

Then you just fill your pants with tiny vipers and cayenne pepper. It's not rational, but it's legal according to that jack crazy feat writeup. Really makes me feel better about writing the Greater Teleport feat.

-Username17

Mod Edit: Off topic content moved to it's own thread in MPSIMS
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

You know, something just occured to me.

This is yet AGAIN an attempt to add more power to the druid.

Either have a viper animal companion, or wildshape into one yourself.

It's not as effective as a lot of druid cheese out there, but I'm smelling another drood power-up.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

[The Great Fence BuildeR Speaks]
Off topic content has been moved to it's own thread in MPSIMS.
[/TGFBS]
MrWaeseL
Duke

Post by MrWaeseL »

I guess this is throwing a bone to fighters since they can't Major Create healing salve.