Shadowrun Min Max

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

That's pretty solid O.o
With the Skill-Wires and higher Attributes he could really become the most versatile man on earth.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Aryxbez
Duke

Post by Aryxbez »

virgil wrote:Updated the sam's stats; definitely more Cyber'd up this time around. One thing I'm noticing is that I may have to show him the armour in Arsenal, because the mage (17/15) still has more than him (14/12).
Yeah, in Arsenal, ye use the PPP Secure Tech with Full Body Suit (halves the encumbrance) slap on "Chameleon Coating" to whatever armor points are left (Possibly Power Armor aka Heavy Military Armor? as it x3's Encumbrance). That there should give him about 19 pts of Ballistic or so.
What I find wrong w/ 4th edition: "I want to stab dragons the size of a small keep with skin like supple adamantine and command over time and space to death with my longsword in head to head combat, but I want to be totally within realistic capabilities of a real human being!" --Caedrus mocking 4rries

"the thing about being Mister Cavern [DM], you don't blame players for how they play. That's like blaming the weather. Weather just is. You adapt to it. -Ancient History
Aryxbez
Duke

Post by Aryxbez »

Our 4th edition Shadowrun campaign uses Frank's Houserules (both of them), +Ends of The Matrix, and was wondering how to optimize a Rigger Character for someone?

Resources available are pretty lax, with 400BP, 1BP =7000Nuyen, and lifted Availability restrictions. After initial PC creation, we get "another" +100BP, and +200,000 Nuyen. The Rigger itself is basically a Russian Bomb Doctor, who'll likely use Grenades/rockets on drones (least, some of em), and beyond that, also be the face/detective type. I know Riggers pilot an army of Drones that basically just chaingun everything, and thusly are superior combatatants to Street Sam's in that respect.
What I find wrong w/ 4th edition: "I want to stab dragons the size of a small keep with skin like supple adamantine and command over time and space to death with my longsword in head to head combat, but I want to be totally within realistic capabilities of a real human being!" --Caedrus mocking 4rries

"the thing about being Mister Cavern [DM], you don't blame players for how they play. That's like blaming the weather. Weather just is. You adapt to it. -Ancient History
kzt
Knight-Baron

Post by kzt »

My understanding is that Frank's answer starts with "make the rigger a summoner too."
virgil
King

Post by virgil »

In SR4's Arsenal, there's an optional rule for increasing the armor you can wear to 3*Body by using tailored armor. What would the cost be, twice as much? Can you mod extant gear? Is this even a good idea to permit in a game?
Come see Sprockets & Serials
How do you confuse a barbarian?
Put a greatsword a maul and a greataxe in a room and ask them to take their pick
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!