Unsorted Material

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Bigode
Duke

Re: Unsorted Material

Post by Bigode »

For anyone who happens to care, the lists have just been updated.
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

Calibron at [unixtime wrote:1189376295[/unixtime]]Doesn't Ebberon have 1/day scrolls called schema or some such?

And how do they justify the one a day potion thing? Magic bottles, or something I would probably be happier not knowing?

They don`t.

They just say: no one-shot items. Pay 5x as much and you get them 1/Adventure.

Which means: Use your potions 1/Adventure, since you get them forever. They actually say that implicitly.
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.
SunTzuWarmaster
Knight-Baron

Post by SunTzuWarmaster »

Is there any chance that we could sticky this?
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

SunTzuWarmaster at [unixtime wrote:1190405231[/unixtime]]Is there any chance that we could sticky this?

Seconded. It's as valuable as the other Tomes.
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

Some ideas - please tell me what's wrong.

Potions: making their effects count as constant item effects. This way, the buff piles are limited and healing's exempted. Presumably the reason why people would use potions instead of permanent items would be the comparatively quicker making of a set of one-shot effects as compared as a single permanent effect.

Multiple effects on a single item: do you think an EL-like scheme could be workable (that is, by lowering effective level, extra effects can be added)?

Animal classes: couldn't those just be the fiendish brute with access to different feats?
Hans Freyer, s.b.u.h. wrote:A manly, a bold tone prevails in history. He who has the grip has the booty.
Huston Smith wrote:Life gives us no view of the whole. We see only snatches here and there, (...)
brotherfrancis75 wrote:Perhaps you imagine that Ayn Rand is our friend? And the Mont Pelerin Society? No, those are but the more subtle versions of the Bolshevik Communist Revolution you imagine you reject. (...) FOX NEWS IS ALSO COMMUNIST!
LDSChristian wrote:True. I do wonder which is worse: killing so many people like Hitler did or denying Christ 3 times like Peter did.
Fuzzy_logic
Journeyman

Post by Fuzzy_logic »

Potions --Okay, clearly healing potions and buff potions are separate problems.

Healing Potions: I don't even know how to begin with these. Basically, either you want PCs to have infinite health or not. This is so important a decision that there isn't going to be a universal answer. That said, compromises might be possible. Either a cap to the number of HP you can gain in a single day from potions, or some *real* cost associated with the potions. I have a couple ideas on this I may get to later.

Buff potions: Yeah, you could have them use permanent item slots. Having random other items turn off when you drink one would be weird, though. If you did this, you could even give potions Duration: Permanent. Alternately, Temporary items could have their own set of slots, possibly shared with active spells.

Finally, potions could be treated as class features rather than magic items...
Bigode
Duke

Post by Bigode »

I'd say potions would require space already open instead of random-shutting-down weirdness. Wouldn't limit spells not from magic items to avoid changing class dynamics in hard-to-foresee ways, but that could be pulled off by someone with better understanding than mine. On potions as features, that's why I'd especially like to see the gadgeteer.
Fuzzy_logic
Journeyman

Post by Fuzzy_logic »

Even without "The Gadgeteer" there are a bunch of ways to use potions as features in small ways.

A Feat or Feature that allows an extra, ro several extra item slots just for potions...

A Metamagic feat that you prepare spells as potions (They'd have to remain within a certain distance of the caster)

A monk-like character whose select-a-powers represent specially developed serums and elixirs... (or a feat that grant the same)

A Feat that allows noncasters to make free potions, up to X in existence at a time... needs the distance rule again.

The advantage is, if feats and features are the only way to get potions, you don't have worry about abuses nearly so much and can use them pretty much as written.
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

Uhm, were more things added to the 1st post? Maybe it's just me.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Judging__Eagle at [unixtime wrote:1192161467[/unixtime]]Uhm, were more things added to the 1st post? Maybe it's just me.

"2 edits; Last edit by FrankTrollman at Sun Aug 26 2007 13:20:40"

Nope, but I sure wish you were correct!

By the way, why is this not stickied yet?
Yahzi
1st Level

Post by Yahzi »

Bump.

This seriously needs to be stickied. The Three Economies is too good to lose.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Yep, once again, it would be nice to sticky this.

Also, is there a collection of Frank and/or Keith classes somewhere?
Took me a while recently to find the Fire Mage.
Would be nice if they were all in one place, complete or not.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I've actually taken to just c/p-ing "tome" stuff into a word doc as I find it, I suppose I could post the whole mess that I call the Tome appendix, but...
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Yahzi
1st Level

Post by Yahzi »

Check out this link:

http://middendorfproject.googlepages.co ... ][br]Sadly, it does not contain the Unsorted Material, which means The Turnip Economy isn't in there.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Thanks much Yahzi!
And yes I thought of doing that too just a few hours ago, Prak. But it seemed like too much...

And there's more Frank stuff 'out there' if I recall. Someone posted a link to another board containing his monster PrCs like the "giant thief" or something similar (it countered the sneaking problems being big has), but I either didn't link to it or lost the link.
Those should be collected too.
Unless I'm being dumb and it's in the PDF Yahzi provided <_<;
SunTzuWarmaster
Knight-Baron

Here is a list of the things that I have copy/pasted into OO for use in my campaign, apologies for not citing authors:

Skill Feats <from Iaimeki>

These feats are at best a rough draft of what Skill feats should look like. I expect them to be workable, but not particularly balanced or elegant: the design quality simply varies a lot because I'm assuming Frank and K will write versions in the Book of Gears that supersede them, so I'm not trying to polish them. I'm also arguably not done, because I haven't included feats for Craft, Knowledge, Perform, and Profession; however, those require addressing broader issues than I'm dealing with here.

Acquirer's Eye [Skill]

You know what you want, even if other people have it right now. (This is a Skill feat that scales with your ranks in Appraise.)

Benefits: You gain +3 to your Appraise checks.

4: You automatically know if something is ordinary, masterwork, or magic when looking at it.

9: You can discover the properties of a magic item, including how to activate it (if appropriate) and how many charges are left (if it has them), with a successful Appraise check (DC item's caster level + 10) and 10 minutes of work.

14: Once per round as a free action, you can examine a magic item and attempt an Appraise check (DC item's caster level + 20) to determine its properties, including its functions, how to activate those functions (if necessary), and how many charges it has left (if it has charges).

19: You know what the most valuable piece of treasure is in any collection, such as the most valuable magic item an enemy is wearing or the most valuable object in a dragon's horde, just by looking at the collection. You automatically recognize an artifact when looking at it.

Acrobatic [Skill]

You can totally flip out and kill someone with your gymnastic prowess. (This is a Skill feat that scales with your ranks in Tumble.)

Benefits: You gain a +3 bonus to Tumble checks.

4: When using the Combat Expertise option, your dodge bonus to AC increases by +1. This further increases by +1 for every ten ranks of Tumble you have (+2 at 14, +3 at 24, and so on).

9: If an opponent attempts to bull-rush, overrun, or trample you, if you succeed on Tumble check of DC 25 + their base attack bonus, their movement continues in a straight line to the maximum allowed by their speed, you remain where you were, and you don't suffer from the effects of their bull-rush, overrun, or trample. If you fail, you provoke an attack of opportunity from that enemy.

14: If you succeed on a DC 40 Tumble check, you can move 10 feet when taking a 5-foot step.

19: If you succeed on a Tumble check against a DC of 30 + an opponent's base attack bonus, an action that would normally provoke an attack of opportunity doesn't.

Alertness [Skill]

Your ears are so sharp you probably wouldn't miss your eyes. (This is a Skill feat that scales with your ranks in Listen.)

Benefits: You gain a +3 bonus to Listen checks.

4: You can make a Listen check once a round as a free action. You don't take penalties for distractions on your Listen checks.

9: You gain blindsense to 60 feet. You don't take penalties for ambient noise, such as loud winds. Divide any distance penalties you take on Listen checks by two.

14: You gain blindsight to 120 feet.

19: You can hear through magical silence and similar effects, but you take a -20 penalty on your check. Divide any distance penalties you take on Listen checks by five.

Animal Affinity [Skill]

You're one of those people animals just won't leave alone for no apparent reason. (This is a Skill feat that scales with your ranks in Handle Animal.)

Benefits: You gain the wild empathy ability, with your check equal to your character level plus your Charisma modifier plus any other applicable bonuses. If you already have wild empathy, or later gain it from another source, you gain a +3 bonus on Handle Animal checks.

4: You can handle an animal as a free action, and push it as a move action.

9: You gain the benefits of speak with animals permanently as an extraordinary ability. The DCs for you to rear and train creatures are halved.

14: With a DC 30 Handle Animal check, you can use a mass version of charm animal as a spell-like ability, with save DC equal to 10 + � your character level + your Cha modifier and effective caster level equal to your bonus on Handle Animal checks.

19: You can summon animals to your aid. Choose an animal with a CR equal to or less than your character level, and make a Handle Animal check at a DC of 25 + your character level. If you succeed, you summon a number of animals depending on how much the animal's CR is less than your character level for an hour. You can't use this ability again until any animals you've summoned with it have unsummoned or you've dismissed them.

CR, number appearing:
Level - 1, 1
Level - 2, d3
Level - 3, d4
Level - 4, d6
Level - 5, d8
Level - 6, d10
Level - 7, 2d6
Level - 8, 3d6
Level - 9, 3d10
Level - 10, 10+3d6
Level - 11, 15+3d10
Level - 12, 40
Level - 13, 50
Level - 14, 60
Level - 15, 80
Level - 16, 100
Level - 17, 150
Level - 18, 200
Level - 19, 300

Battlefield Surgeon [Skill]

You like to cut people open with a saw. But it's good for them. Seriously. (This is a Skill feat that scales with your ranks in Heal.)

Benefits: You gain +3 to your Heal checks.

4: You can make first aid, treat poison, and treat wound checks as move actions.

9: For every 5 points your Heal check exceeds the DC for long term care, your patients recover another +100% faster. For instance, if your Heal check result is 23, your patients would heal at thrice the normal rate.

14: If you operate on a patient for a minute, they regain hit points equal to your Heal check result. You also may, instead of healing hit point damage, cure any condition that heal could, reattach severed limbs, or repair ruined organs, if you succeed on a DC 30 check. Patients under your long-term care heal permanent ability drain as if it was ability damage.

19: With one hour of work, 50,000 gp worth of materials (which are consumed in the process), and a DC 40 Heal check, you can restore a creature that died within the last twenty-four hours to life. The subject's soul must be free and willing to return for the effect to work.

Your patient comes back from the dead with full hit points and all conditions cured, with no loss of prepared spells or spell slots. You must have a reasonably intact body to work with, though you can reattach missing parts, if you have them, and repair organs.

You can restore life to a creature killed by a death effect. You cannot affect constructs, elementals, outsiders (except native outsiders), and undead creatures, nor creatures that have died of old age.

Combat Casting [Skill]

Having a sword sticking out of your chest doesn't noticeably impede your ability to do�well, just about anything. (This is a Skill feat that scales with your ranks in Concentration.)

Benefits: You gain +3 to your Concentration checks.

4: You can take 10 on Concentration checks and caster level checks.

9: You may maintain concentration on a spell as a move action (DC 25 + spell level). If you beat the DC by 10 or more, you can maintain concentration as a swift action. If you fail your check, you lose concentration.

14: If you would be nauseated, you're sickened instead.

19: All Concentration DCs are halved for you.

Con Artist [Skill]

You can fool some of the people, all of the time. (This is a Skill feat that scales with your ranks in Bluff.)

Benefits: You gain a +3 bonus to Bluff checks.

4: Magic effects that would detect your lies or force you to speak the truth must succeed on a caster level check with DC equal to 10 plus your bonus on Diplomacy checks or fail.

9: Divination magic used on you detects a false alignment of your choice. You can present false surface thoughts to detect thoughts and similar effects, changing your apparent Intelligence score (and thus your apparent mental strength) by as much as 10 points and can place any thought in your "surface thoughts" to be read by such spells or effects.

14: If you beat someone's Sense Motive check by 25, you can instill a suggestion in them, as the spell. This suggestion lasts for one hour for each of your character levels.

19: You are protected from all spells and effects that detect or read emotions or thoughts, as by mind blank.

Cryptographer [Skill]

You're good at reading things no one intended you to. (This is a Skill feat that scales with your ranks in Decipher Script.)

Benefits: You gain +3 to your Decipher Script checks.

4: You can decipher a written spell (like a scroll) without using read magic, if you succeed on a Decipher Script check of DC 20 + the spell's level. You can try once per day on any particular written spell.

9: You don't trigger written magic traps (like explosive runes or symbols) by reading them. You can disable them with Decipher Script as if you were using Disable Device. You can read the material hidden by a secret page with a DC 25 Decipher Script check.

14: When you cast a spell from a scroll, the spell's save DC is equal to 10 + the spell's level + your Intelligence modifier + any other applicable bonuses, and its caster level is equal to your character level, plus other applicable bonuses.

19: Reading text using Decipher Script is a free action for you. You may disable written magical traps as a swift action, and you can cast 5th-level or lower spells from scrolls as a swift action.

Deft Fingers [Skill]

Your amazing manual dexterity is the talk of princes and princesses. (This is a Skill feat that scales with your ranks in Sleight of Hand.)

Benefits: You gain a +3 bonus on your Sleight of Hand checks.

4: If you draw a hidden weapon and attack with it in the same round, your opponent loses their Dexterity bonus to AC against your first attack with that weapon that round.

9: You can make an adjacent creature or object your size or smaller 'disappear' with your legerdemain. If you succeed on a DC 30 Sleight of Hand check as a standard action, your target can make a Hide check, or you can make the Hide check for them or it. As usual, you can hide larger creatures or objects by taking a -20 cumulative penalty for each size category larger they are than you.

14: With a DC 30 Sleight of Hand check, you can use shrink item as a spell-like ability.

19: With a DC 40 Sleight of Hand check, you can use teleport object as a spell-like ability. You can also retrieve items placed in the Ethereal Plane using teleport object. With a DC 40 Sleight of Hand check, you can use instant summons as a spell-like ability without requiring arcane mark, but you may only designate one item at a time.

Detective [Skill]

You're good at finding things out just by conversing with townsfolk. (This is a Skill feat that scales with your ranks in Gather Information.)

Benefits: You gain a +3 bonus on your Gather Information checks.

4: Your ability to pick up on the social context aids you in establishing rapport. After succeeding on a Gather Information check, you gain a +2 bonus to Knowledge checks, Sense Motive checks, and checks for Cha-based skills in the same milieu.

9: With 2d6 hours of research, you can study a specific topic, such as a particular location or a well-known local monster, and substitute a Gather Information check for any Knowledge checks pertaining to the topic. You need access to local informants, a library, scholars, or other appropriate sources to use this ability.

14: You can gain the benefits of legend lore with a DC 30 Gather Information check. If you have the person or thing at hand, or are in the place, this takes a day; otherwise, it consumes the time as normal for legend lore. You need access to individuals or resources with relevant knowledge to use this ability.

19: With a DC 40 Gather Information check and 1d4+1 days of talking to people, you can either find an answer to any question you can pose in ten words or less, or find out where you need to go to get the answer. You need access to individuals or resources with relevant knowledge to use this ability.

Dreadful Demeanor [Skill]

People know you're a badass motherfvcker the instant you enter the room. (This is a Skill feat that scales with your ranks in Intimidate.)

Benefits: You gain +3 to your Intimidate checks.

4: You can demoralize an opponent as a move action.

9: Opponents you've demoralized remain shaken until they lose sight of you.

14: Opponents who would be panicked because of your fear effects are cowered instead.

19: Any time you confirm a critical hit in melee, your target is cowered. This is a fear effect.

Expert Counterfeiter [Skill]

You aren't a common forger, you're an artiste. (This is a Skill feat that scales with your ranks in Forgery.)

Benefits: You gain a +3 bonus to Forgery checks.

4: When creating a forgery, you roll twice and take the better result.

9: In situations where you can present a legal document of some sort, you can substitute a Forgery check for a Bluff, Diplomacy, or Intimidate check.

14: You can purchase items with counterfeit bills of exchange, falsified credit vouchers, and the like. You can acquire any item available through the gold economy in this method. Normally, your counterfeits are so good they don't provoke suspicion, but if someone examines them, they must still beat you in an opposed Forgery check to recognize they're not the real thing.

19: You can duplicate a scroll with eight hours of work and a Forgery check against DC 35 + the spell's level. The duplicate functions in all manners like the original scroll. You must have appropriate materials on hand for scribing the scroll, and if the spell requires XP or expensive material components, you must provide the requisite components or make up the XP cost in materials.

Ghost Step [Skill]

You might as well be incorporeal for all the noise you make. (This is a Skill feat that scales with your ranks in Move Silently.)

Benefits: You gain +3 to your Move Silently checks.

4: Anyone attempting to use Survival to track you must beat you in an opposed check against Move Silently.

9: Creatures with blindsense, blindsight, tremorsense, or similar abilities do not automatically detect your presence, but must succeed on a Listen check, opposed by your Move Silently check, to notice you.

14: With success on a DC 30 Move Silently check as a standard action, you can control ambient sounds within 30 feet of yourself for a round. You can specifically duplicate any effect from control sound (XPH), silence, or ventriloquism, and in general can make sound you've heard come from any part of the area, displace sounds in the area, or suppress any sounds or sounds. Also, if you take a -10 DC penalty on your Move Silently check, anyone within 30 feet of you can substitute your check result for their own.

19: You're so quiet that people don't even remember you when you're standing right next to them. Your opponents count as flat-footed whenever you attack them.

Investigator [Skill]

You have an eye for detail and so much patience that going through a 100' by 100' room inch-by-inch doesn't even try it. (This is a Skill feat that scales with your ranks in Search.)

Benefits: You can use Search to find traps like a character with trapfinding. If you already have that ability, you gain +3 to your Search checks. Search is always a class skill for you.

4: You can Search a 10' by 10' area with a full-round action.

9: You automatically sense any active magic effects in an area you search. If you succeed on a DC 20 Search check, you can determine their number, strength, and school, as if using detect magic.

14: You can Search objects or areas within 30 feet of yourself. You can make a Search check as a swift action.

19: You have an intuitive sense for hidden things. Anytime something that someone has hidden is within 60 feet of you, you know it; if there are multiple things, you know how many. However, you must still make Search checks as normal to locate them.

Item Master [Skill]

You make magic items do things you want. (This is a Skill feat that scales with your ranks in Use Magic Device.)

Benefits: You gain a +3 bonus to Use Magic Device checks.

4: You don't suffer mishaps with magic items.

9: When rolling Use Magic Device checks or random effects from magic items, you may roll twice and take the better result.

14: With a swift action and a successful Use Magic Device check against a DC of 30 + the item's caster level, you can gain the benefits of a slotted magic item without needing to have a slot available (for instance, a third ring on your finger) for one round.

19: When you activate a wand or staff, you can substitute a spell slot instead of using a charge. The spell slot must be one you have not used for the day, though you may lose a prepared spell to emulate a wand charge (you may not lose prepared spells from your school of specialty, if any). The spell slot lost must be equal to or higher in level than the spell stored in the wand, including any level-increasing metamagic enhancements. When using spell trigger, spell completion, or other consumable magic items, if you succeed on a Use Magic Device check of 40 + the caster level of the item as a swift action, the item or charges thereof are not consumed.

Leadership [Leadership] [Skill]

You convince people that obeying you is a good career move. (This is a Skill feat that scales with your ranks in Diplomacy.)

Benefits: You can awe even strangers and enemies into following your orders. With a DC 20 Diplomacy check, you can use command as a spell-like ability, with save DC equal to 10 + � your character level + your Cha modifier.

4: Your natural talent for leaderships attracts followers. Your leadership score is equal to your ranks in Diplomacy plus your Charisma modifier.

9: You persuade someone that you are so awesome that they should follow you around all the time, acquiring a cohort. A cohort is an intelligent and loyal creature with a CR at least 2 less than your character level. Cohorts gain levels when you do.

14: Your natural majesty stirs guilt in those who refuse your demands. With a DC 30 Diplomacy check, you can use geas as a spell-like ability, but it offers a Will save at DC 10 + � your character level + your Cha modifier.

19: You command the loyalty of armies�even opposing ones. With a DC 40 Diplomacy check, you can use greater command as a spell-like ability, with save DC equal to 10 + � your character level + your Cha modifier and effective caster level equal to your bonus on Diplomacy checks.

Leap of the Heavens [Skill]

You jump good. (This is a Skill feat that scales with your ranks in Jump.)

Benefits: The DCs for your jumps don't double if you fail to get a running start, and if you do, you get a +4 bonus on the check. You can hop up (see the Jump skill description) onto any object shorter than your height without a Jump check.

4: You don't take falling damage, though you can still take damage if something falls on you.

9: You ignore the effects of difficult terrain on your movement speed, skill checks, and ability to charge.

14: If you succeed a DC 40 Jump check as a swift action, you gain the benefits of fly for one round.

19: For every five ranks you have in Jump, your movement speeds increase by 10'. (This also increases your Jump checks, as usual.)

Legendary Wrangler [Skill]

No one can tell where you end and your ropes begin. (This is a Skill feat that scales with your ranks in Use Rope.)

Benefits: You gain a +3 bonus to Use Rope checks and proficiency with the bolas, net, and whip.

4: You can use a rope as if it was a bolas or whip, and you can substitute your ranks in Use Rope for your Base Attack Bonus for combat maneuvers made with it. You can also use it as a net, replacing the normal DC 20 Escape Artist check for someone entangled with it with your Use Rope check. You can throw a grappling hook, tie a knot, tie a special knot, or tie a rope around yourself one-handed as a move action. You don't provoke attacks of opportunity for using Use Rope.

9: You can use a rope, whip, grappling hook, or similar item to manipulate any item within 30 feet of yourself as easily as if it was in your hands; you can also make disarm, entangling (as if with a net), and trip attempts with it. You can move around on ropes and similar structures, like webs, as easily as you can on the ground.

14: With a DC 30 Use Rope check, you can use animate rope as a spell-like ability; you can use any ability you can with an ordinary rope with an animated rope.

19: You can manipulate items out to 60 feet with ropes and similar items. You can use ropes for the grab on and hold down grapple maneuvers. When using combat maneuvers with ropes, you can replace the relevant check (disarm, grapple, trip, etc.) with a Use Rope check.

Magical Aptitude [Skill]

You're crazy good at manipulating magic. (This is a Skill feat that scales with your ranks in Spellcraft.)

Benefits: You gain a +3 bonus on Spellcraft checks.

4: When counterspelling, you may use a spell of the same school that is one or more spell levels higher than the target spell.

9: You can dismiss a spell as a free action. You can redirect a spell as a move action, if it normally requires a standard action, or a swift action, if it normally takes a move action. You gain a +3 bonus on dispel checks.

14: You can counter a spell as an immediate action.

19: You automatically know which spells or magic effects are active on upon any individual object you see, as if you had greater arcane sight active on yourself.

Many-Faced [Skill]

You change identities so often even you don't remember what you look like anymore. (This is a Skill feat that scales with your ranks in Disguise.)

Benefits: You gain +3 to your Disguise checks.

4: When creating a disguise, you roll twice and take the better result.

9: You can use Nystul's magic aura as a spell-like ability at will, with a caster level equal to your character level and a save DC of 10 + � your character level + your Cha modifier.

14: You can create a disguise as a full-round action, but you take a -10 penalty to your Disguise check. You can't be under direct observation while doing this, but you can use Bluff to create a diversion to allow you to change guises, as for the Hide skill.

19: You can choose an appearance that anyone viewing you with scrying or other divination magic sees instead of your "real" appearance. Even someone who benefits from true seeing must succeed on a caster level check (DC 11 + your ranks in Disguise) to penetrate the illusion.

Master of Terror [Leadership] [Skill]

You scare people so bad they follow you around hoping you won't hurt them. (This is a Skill feat that scales with your ranks in Intimidate.)

Benefits: Whenever you use Intimidate in combat, it affects everyone within 30 feet of you.

4: You gain followers. Your leadership score is equal to your ranks in Intimidate plus your Charisma modifier.

9: You gain a cohort who enjoys frightening your underlings almost as much as you do. A cohort is an intelligent and loyal creature with a CR at least 2 less than your character level. Cohorts gain levels when you do.

14: You gain the frightful presence ability. When you speak or attack, enemies within 30 feet of you must succeed on a Will save (DC 10 + your character level + your Cha modifier) or become shaken for 5d6 rounds. An opponent that succeeds on its saving throw is immune to your frightful presence for 24 hours.

19: Your opponents take a -2 morale penalty to saving throws if they can see you and you are within medium range (based on your character level).

Natural Empath [Skill]

You read people like books. (This is a Skill feat that scales with your ranks in Sense Motive.)

Benefits: You gain a +3 bonus to Sense Motive checks.

4: You can quickly size up potential opponents. If you succeed on a Sense Motive check as a free action, opposed by their Bluff, you can tell if they're an even match (their CR equals your character level), an easy challenge (their CR is 1-3 less than your level), irrelevant (their CR is 4 or more less than your level), stronger (their CR is 1-3 higher than your level), or overwhelmingly powerful (their CR is 4 or more higher than your level). You can use this ability once on a particular creature every 24 hours.

9: If you succeed on a Sense Motive check, opposed by Bluff, you know your opponent's alignment. If you beat their Bluff by 20 or more, you can read their surface thoughts, as if during the third round of detect thoughts.

14: You have an uncanny intuition for when people are interested in you. Any time someone uses a remote spell or effect, like scrying, to examine you, you know you're under observation and if you make a Sense Motive check that beats their Bluff check, you know some details about them: if you've met them before, you recognize them, but if not, you get a basic idea of their reasons for their interest in you. Similarly, if you use Sense Motive on someone influenced by an enchantment effect, you can find out who created the effect with a Sense Motive check opposed by the controller's Bluff, getting the same information.

19: You know what people are going to do before they do. Any time someone you're aware of attacks you, make a Sense Motive check opposed by their Bluff: if you succeed, you get a free surprise round.

Persuasive [Skill]

When you tell you people something that contradicts the evidence of their own eyes, they believe you. (This is a Skill feat that scales with your ranks in Diplomacy.)

Benefits: You gain a +3 bonus to Diplomacy checks.

4: Your words can stop fights before they start. Any creature that can hear you speak must make a Will save (DC 10 + � your character level + your Cha modifier) or it can't attack you directly; however, you aren't protected from its area or effect spells, or similar abilities. Any creature that succeeds on its save is immune to this ability for 24 hours. You may use nonattack spells or otherwise act, but if you attack the creature or its allies, it may attack you. This is a mind-affecting, language-dependent charm effect.

9: You can fascinate creatures with your silver tongue. You can affect as many HD of creatures as your bonus on Diplomacy checks; any creature that fails a Will save (DC 10 + � your character level + your Cha modifier) becomes fascinated. If you use this ability in combat, each target gains a +2 bonus on its saving throw. If the spell affects only a single creature not in combat at the time, the saving throw has a penalty of -2. While a subject is fascinated by this spell, it reacts as though it were two steps more friendly in attitude, allowing you to make a single request of an affected creature. The request must be brief and reasonable. Even after the spell ends, the creature retains its new attitude toward you, but only with respect to that particular request. A creature that fails its saving throw does not remember that you enspelled it.

14: You can influence even hostile creatures into talking things over with you. With a DC 30 Diplomacy check, you can use a language-dependent version of charm monster as a spell-like ability, with save DC equal to 10 + � your character level + your Cha modifier; this is a mind-affecting charm effect.

19: You can convince an entire group of enemies to listen to you. If you succeed on a DC 40 Diplomacy check, your charm monster ability improves to mass charm monster, with a caster level equal to your bonus on Diplomacy checks.

Professional Luddite [Skill]

You've learned to break machines because you're an antitechnology fanatic�or maybe you just work for the local protection racket. (This is a Skill feat that scales with your ranks in Disable Device.)

Benefits: You can use Disable Device on magic traps like a character with trapfinding. If you already have that ability, you gain +3 to your Disable Device checks. Disable Device is always a class skill for you.

4: You can use your Dexterity modifier instead of your Intelligence modifier for Disable Device checks. Darkness and blindness do not hinder your ability to disable devices.

9: You can reduce the amount of time required to disable a device. For each multiple of 10 you beat the required DC, you can decrease the time required from 2d4 rounds to 1d4 rounds to 1 round to a standard action to a move-equivalent action to a free action.

14: You can use Disable Device to end any persistent effect or area spell effect as if it was a magic trap, but the DC is 25 + twice the spell's level.

19: As an attack action, you can disable magic items. You must succeed on a melee touch attack roll for attended objects. Make a Disable Device check against a DC of 15 + the item's caster level: if your check succeeds, the item must make a Will save against a DC of 10 + � your caster level or be turned into a normal item, and even if it saves, its magical properties are suppressed for 1d4 rounds.

Sharp-Eyed [Skill]

Nothing escapes you. (This is a Skill feat that scales with your ranks in Spot.)

Benefits: You gain a +3 bonus to Spot checks.

4: You can make a Spot check once a round as a free action. You don't take penalties for distractions on your Spot checks.

9: As a move action, you can make a Spot check against a DC of an opponent's Armor Class: if you succeed, you can ignore their Armor and Natural Armor bonus to AC for the next attack you make against them. If you accept a -20 penalty to your check, you can attempt this check as a swift action. Divide any distance penalties you take on Spot checks by two.

14: If you beat an opponent's Hide check with a Spot check at a -10 penalty, you can ignore concealment. If you beat their Hide check at a -30 penalty, you can ignore total concealment.

19: You can see through solid objects, but you take a -20 penalty on your Spot check for each 5'. Divide any distance penalties you take on Spot checks by five.

Slippery Contortionist [Skill]

Your childhood nickname was "Greasy the Pig," but now people call you "The Great Hamster." (This is a Skill feat that scales with your ranks in Escape Artist.)

Benefits: You gain +3 to your Escape Artist checks.

4: While squeezing into a space at least half as wide as your normal space, you may move your normal speed and you take no penalty to your attack rolls or AC for squeezing.

9: You can squeeze through a tight space or an extremely tight space as a full-round action, but you take a -10 penalty to your Escape Artist check. Opponents grappling you don't get positive size modifiers added to their grapple bonus when you use Escape Artist to try to break their hold.

14: If you succeed on a DC 30 Escape Artist check, you can ignore magical effects that impede movement as if you were under the effects of freedom of movement for one round; this is not an action. You can also slip through a wall of force or similar barrier with a DC 40 check.

19: You can make an Escape Artist check instead of a saving throw for any effect that would keep you from taking actions. (This does not help against effects that don't allow a saving throw.)

Steady Stance [Skill]

You can fight just about anywhere. (This is a Skill feat that scales with your ranks in Balance.)

Benefits: You gain a +3 bonus to your Balance checks.

4: If an effect would knock you prone, if you succeed on a DC 20 Balance check, you remain standing.

9: If your opponent is balancing, you gain a +3 dodge bonus to AC against their attacks unless they succeed at beating you in an opposed Balance check.

14: All Balance DCs are halved for you.

19: You never suffer any impairment or damage from anything you're standing on, whether it's molten lava, a cloud, or even another creature. Ambient conditions, such as lighting or weather, can still impair you.

Stealthy [Skill]

If someone sees you, you have to kill them. (This is a Skill feat that scales with your ranks in Hide.)

Benefits: You gain a +3 bonus to your Hide checks.

4: You can Hide as a free action after attacking, and snipe with melee attacks (or ranged attacks from closer than 10').

9: A constant nondetection effect protects you and your equipment, with an effective caster level equal to your ranks in Hide.

14: You can attempt to Hide even when under direct observation, but you take the usual -20 penalty to your check.

19: Even opponents who can see you have trouble locating you. If they succeed at beating your Hide check with Spot (and thus can see you), they have a 50% concealment miss chance when attacking you, which decreases by 5% for each point they beat your Hide DC.

Super Scaler [Skill]

You stick to walls like glue. Or something. (This is a Skill feat that scales with your ranks in Climb.)

Benefits: You gain +3 to your Climb checks.

4: You have the Edge on an opponent if you're on higher ground. You don't lose your Dexterity bonus to AC while climbing, nor do you need to make a Climb check if hit while climbing.

9: You gain a climb speed equal to your base land speed, with the attendant benefits.

14: All Climb DCs are halved for you. While climbing, you can substitute a Climb check result for a Reflex saving throw, once per round.

19: While climbing, as an immediate action, you can add the result of a Climb check as a dodge bonus to your Armor Class against a single attack.

Swim Like a Fish [Skill]

You're at least as home in the water as you are on land. (This is a Skill feat that scales with your ranks in Swim.)

Benefits: You gain +3 to your Swim checks.

4: You gain a swim speed equal to your base land speed, with the attendant benefits. You don't take armor check penalties to your Swim checks.

9: You can breathe water, and you can attack through water as if under the effects of freedom of movement.

14: While under water, you can substitute Swim checks for Reflex saves, and you gain a +4 bonus to attack and damage rolls.

19: As a swift action, you can add your ranks in Swim as a dodge bonus to your Armor Class while under water.

Track [Skill]

You feel at home no matter where you are. (This is a Skill feat that scales with your ranks in Survival.)

Benefits: You can follow tracks using Survival, as the Track and Legendary Trackers feats.

4: You can identify the race/kind of creatures from their tracks.

9: You can move through or over difficult natural terrain without being slowed, taking nonlethal damage, or suffering other impairment. You take no penalties for moving your speed when tracking, and only -10 when moving double your speed. You can track subjects protected by pass without trace or similar spells at a -20 penalty.

14: You can track through the Astral Plane with a DC 35 Survival check. You can determine the destination of a teleport spell when standing at the point of departure with a DC 40 Survival check; if you have teleport or a similar spell, you can follow as if you had seen the destination once.

19: You're immune to natural planar effects as if you had planar tolerance always active.

Other Feats <by Janus Jones>
Evokation Focus
You enjoy blowing shit up.
Benefit:
You gain a +1 to the caster level of all Evokation spells you cast, and gain a +4 bonus to pierce Spell Resistance with
Evokation spells.
Caster Level:
4 You can ignore an amount of energy resistance equal to your caster level. Likewise, you can deal energy damage up to your caster level to creatures normally immune to that energy type. Your Evokation spells gain a +1 to the Save DC.

8 When you target someone with an Evokation spell, you may split the damage equaly between the original damage type and one other from the following list: Fire, Cold, Electricity, Acid.

12 You may also add Sonic and Dessication damage to the above types. Additionally, you gain other benefits when mixing two elements together:
-Fire + Acid: The target takes extra damage equal to double the spell level, and must save against Sickening.
-Cold + Sonic: The target takes extra damage equal to the spell level, and must save against 2 Dexterity damage.
-Fire + Desiccation: The target takes extra damage equal to double the spell level. Plant creatures take extra damage equal to four times the spell level.
-Sonic + Electricity: The target must save against being Dazed for one round. If successful, they are merely Deafened.
-Acid + Electricity: The target takes extra damage equal to double the spell level, and must save against becoming entangled for two rounds.

16 Once per encounter, you may ignore Spell Resistance, Energy Resistance and Energy Immunities for one Evokation spell.

Conjuration Focus
You are lazy, so summon minions to do your bidding instead.
Benefit:
You gain a +1 to the caster level of all Conjuration spells you cast, and can cast "Summon Monster" and "Summon Nature's Ally" as standard-action spells instead of 1 round.
Caster Level:
4 Any creature you summon gains a +4 bonus to Strength and Constitution. Your Conjuration spells gain a +1 to the save DC.

8 Any creature you summon stays for an extra 4 rounds, and gains a +4 bonus to Natural Armour and any DR they have.

12 Any creature you summon sees their bonuses to Strength, Constitution, Natural Armour and DR increase to +8.

16 Whenever you use a summon spell to summon multiple weaker creatures, the amount is always maximized. Additionally, summoned creatures gain a bonus on attack and damage rolls equal to 1/4 your Caster Level (round down).

Who here was annoyed that they had to waste a feat on SF: Conjuration when they wanted Augment Summons, given the two feats had almost nothing to do with each other? This also makes Summon Monster I not entirely pointless for a first level character.

Necromancy Focus
You have an unhealthy attraction to the undead. Or you like making people die. Maybe both.
Benefit: Your Necromancy spells gain a +1 bonus to caster level and a +4 bonus to penetrate Spell Resistance.
Caster Level:
4 Any Undead you create with Necromancy spells gain +1 HP per hit die per spell level. All other effects see the save DC increase by 1, if applicable.

8 The duration of all of your Necromancy spells increases by 4 rounds. Also, any undead created by your Necromancy spells gain +4 Strength and Natural Armour.

12 Any penalties or damage bestowed by your Necromantic spells are multiplied by one and a half. Additionally, any undead created by your Necromancy spells gains Damage Reduction/- equal to half your hit dice.

16 Any Necromancy spell you cast that deals penalties requires a successful Will save to dispel/break/remove. Failure causes the caster to also gain the effect, as though chained, and the duration on the original target doubles. Any undead you create through any means will, when destroyed, explode in a 10 foot radius, dealing 1d6 points of negative energy per hit die, with a Reflex save for half. If you ever become undead, or are already undead, you gain all the benefits listed above as though you created yourself with a Necromancy spell. Treat the spell level as being equal to half your hit dice.

COMBAT

Arial Assault
You are adept at fighting in the sky.
Requirement:
Some ability to fly. Natural, Magical, a tendency to be carried by someone who does fly, whatever.
Benefit:
Your flight improves by one category, and you gain a +3 bonus to damage when charging in the air.
BAB:
+1 You deal double damage when flying at least 10 feet and attacking. Also, your flight speed increases by 10 feet.

+6 You can now hover in mid-air, and when making a move action while flying, can make a single standard action at any point inside the move action.

+11 You can snatch foes from the ground while flying, by making a normal Grapple check against any foe at least one size category smaller than you. Dropping them is a free action, although they may make a Grapple check to hang on. Your flight speed increases by another 10 feet.

+16 When charging in midair, you may make a full attack action at the end of your charge.

Blood-Soaked Charger [Combat]
You like to impale people upon your sharp spikes.
Benefit:
You gain proficiency with spiked gautlets, armour spikes, shield spikes and any natural spike attacks. You also gain a +1 to hit and damage with such weapons.
BAB:
+1 The bonus to attack and damage rolls increases to +4.

+6 When you attack someone with the spiky weapons mentioned above, you may additionally bullrush them, and can attack with all such weapons in the one action.

+11 When you successfully charge or Bullrush a foe with such weapons, each successful hit deals extra damage equal to 2d6+one and a half times your Strength modifier.

+16 The additional charge damage deals 4d6 plus double your Strength modifier damage, as well as 2 points of Con damage. They now all gain an effective Enhancement Bonus equal to one quarter of your level (round down). This means they get the bonus to hit and damage, bypass magical DR as well as all material DR, and additionally can hit incorporeal foes.

A new idea for the +16 ability for the Two-Hander feat:

Two-Hander [Combat]
You like to hit things with something it takes both hands to lift.
Benefit: You deal two times your Strength modifier in damage when wielding a two-handed weapon using both hands.
+1: You gain a +2 to hit with two-handed weapons when you wield them with both hands.
+6: You deal three points of damage for every single point of penalty you accept to your attack roll when using the Power Attack option with a two-handed weapon wielded in both hands.
+11: Your powerful blows ruin your opponent�s equipment. Whenever you hit, any armor, shield, or weapon wielded by the opponent is subjected to a free sunder attempt. This ability can sunder armor worn by an enemy.
+16: You can use the strength of your grip to parry shatteringly powerful blows. When attacked with a physical object by an enemy (not an energy attack, but a corporeal one), you may give up an attack of opportunity to parry the blow. Make an attack roll with a DC equal to the opponent's attack roll. If you succeed, roll damage for the attack, then subtract that damage from the damage you would have been dealt by the blow.

A new version of the Martial Artist feat:

Martial Artist [Combat]
You know Kung-Fu.
Benefit: Choose a school of study from the Tome of Battle. That school�s focal skill is now always a class skill for you, and you receive a +2 bonus to checks with that skill. In addition, your martial adept level for the single school you select counts as your character level (regardless of your classes), but cannot be raised above it. You may refresh all maneuvers learned from this feat with a full-round action, or, if you have martial adept levels, use the refresh mechanic provided by your martial adept class. You may ready all of your maneuvers granted by this feat. You may take this feat more than once, but you must select a different school each time.
+1: You gain access to a 1st level maneuver and a first level martial stance of your chosen school that you meet the prerequisites for.
+6: You gain access to a martial maneuver and boost or counter of 3rd level or lower that you meet the prerequisites for.
+11: You gain access to a martial stance and martial maneuver of 6th level or lower of your chosen school that you meet the prerequisites for.
+16: You gain access to a martial maneuver and martial stance of 8th level or lower of your chosen school that you meet the prerequisites for.

A couple of new abilities for the Trick Shooting feat:

Trick Shooting [Combat]
You could shoot a hair off a donkey's ass. If you wanted to.
Benefit: You can hit a second target within 10 feet of your original target with a ricochet. Make a second attack roll at a -4 to hit. Targets are automatically considered flat-footed against a riccochet attack.
+1: You can disarm, bull rush, or trip opponents with your shots. Your weapon counts as one-handed for these purposes, and you use your Dex score in place of your Str.
+6: You can pin enemies with your shots. They must be standing next to a wall (or be bull rushed into it!). Every arrow after the first successful grapple check is made grants a +1 bonus to the total check to maintain the pin.
+11: You get a +4 bonus on ranged disarm, bull rush, trip, and pin attempts per difference in size category between you and your target.
+16: You no longer take the -4 penalty when making a ricochet shot. In addition, you may riccochet to a second target within 20 feet and make a second riccochet attack off of that second target at a -4 penalty.

Crossbow Slinger [Combat]
Your shotgun goes "twang!"
Benefit:You can reload any crossbow as a free action that doesn't provoke attacks of opportunity.
+1: Your shots with a crossbow deal additional damage equal to 1/2 your Dex modifier when the target is within 30 feet.
+6: As a standard action, you may fire a bolt from your crossbow as a 60 foot line attack. Make one attack roll and compare it to the individual AC of each target that lies along the line.
+11: Your shots with a crossbow have an 15-20 critical threat range and deal x3 damage with a successful critical hit. The range cannot be improved magically or otherwise, but the critical multiplier may be.
+16: Your shots with a crossbow are all treated as though your weapon possesses the exit wound special weapon property from Complete Warrior. In addition, your shots automatically ignore cover with hardness lower than 20.

And finally:

Sword and Boarder [Combat]
You block things with a big piece of metal. Or wood.
Benefit: You gain a +1 to your shield bonus to AC when wielding a shield. You also take no penalties from wielding a tower shield, and may use two-weapon fighting with up to a large sized shield in your off-hand as though the shield were a light weapon.
+1: Your shield bonus to AC counts as a bonus to avoid trips, grapple attempts, bull rushes, and any other opposed Str or Dex checks.
+6: Your shield bonus to AC adds to your touch AC.
+11: Your shield bonus to AC is added to your Reflex and Fortitude saves.
+16: As an immediate action, choose an attack. The effect of that attack is negated.

Warlock that Doesn't Suck <cannot recall creator>
Warlock
“I have all the powers of Hell at my disposal. Who are you to question me?�

Some people want power, and are crazy enough to offer their soul to various not nice people to get it. Others are simply (un)lucky enough to be descendants of those same people. However they managed to get their abilities, Warlocks wield the powers of the lower planes, which include powerful magic spells and the ability to shoot hellfire out of their hands.

Alignment: Warlocks who bargain away their souls for power tend to be Evil, though nothing requires them to be. In fact, demons and devils will jump on the chance to corrupt someone Good to Team Evil, but such instances are rare. People whose power comes from their blood can be any alignment.

Races: Warlocks can be any non-Outsider. Actual Outsiders don’t bargain away their souls because they already have the ability to use the powers they would get, and that is represented by them having access to classes like True Fiend or Conduit of the Lower Planes. However, a Warlock who later becomes an Outsider can still be a Warlock.

Starting Gold: 4d4*10 gp (100 gold)

Starting Age: As Rogue.

Hit Die: d6
Class Skills: Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Disguise (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (all, taken individually) (Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand (Dex), Spellcraft (Int), Spot (Wis), Use Magic Device (Cha).
Skills/Level: 4+ Int modifier, x4 at first level.
BAB: Medium, as Rogue.
Saves: Fort: Poor, Reflex: Good, Will: Good.

Level, Benefit
1: Sphere, Eldritch Blast
2: Fiendish Similarities
3: Sphere
4: Call Fiends
5: Hellfire Blast
6: Sphere
7: Damage Reduction
8: Bonus feat
9: Sphere
10: Dark Blast
11: Fiendish Servant
12: Sphere
13: Energy resistance
14: Fear Aura
15: Sphere, Fiendish Apotheosis

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: Warlocks are proficient in light armor, shields (but not tower shield), and simple weapons.

Sphere: A Warlock gains basic access to a sphere (Located further down) at every third level. If the Warlock selects a sphere that he already has basic access to, he upgrades it to advanced access. If he already had advanced access, he gains expert access.

Eldritch Blast (Su): As an attack action, a Warlock may fire a blast of fire at his foes. This has a range of Close (25 feet +5 ft./2 levels), does 1d6 damage per level of Warlock, and requires a ranged touch attack to hit. You can only use Eldritch Blast with attacks derived from your Base Attack Bonus; Rapid Shot, Haste, or similar abilities that grant extra attacks do not work.

Fiendish Similarities: A 2nd level Warlock may qualify for and take feats with the [Fiend] or [Necromantic] tag, as long as he meets the other requirements. For [Necromantic] feats, he may use his character level as his caster level.

Call Fiends (Sp): At 4th level, a Warlock can Summon an Outsider with the [Evil] subtype once per day, as long as the Outsider’s Challenge Rating is 3 less than his character level or lower. He can also choose to double the number of creatures summoned by reducing the max CR of the creatures by 2 per doubling (a 9th level Warlock could summon one CR 6 fiend, two CR 4 fiends, 4 CR 2 fiends, or 8 CR 1 fiends). This is treated as a spell of one half the Warlock’s level, rounded down, with a caster level equal to his levels in Warlock.

Hellfire Blast (Su): At 5th level, a Walock may choose to fire a blast of hellfire instead of normal fire, at the cost of 2d6 points of damage (i.e. a 5th level Warlock could use a 5d6 fire blast or a 3d6 hellfire blast). This blast bypasses fire resistance and deals half damage to creatures with fire immunity.

Damage Reduction (Ex): At 7th level, a Warlock gains damage reduction equal to one half his class level, rounded up. This damage reduction is bypasses by whatever material is baneful to the Warlock’s fiendish patron or ancestor (silver for Baatezu, wood for Yugoloths, stone for Demodands, and iron for Tanar’ri) or Good aligned weapons. At 13th level, it is bypassed only by one of those, which the Warlock chooses upon taking the level. If a Warlock later takes levels in True Fiend, the damage reduction stacks and, at the third level of True Fiend, is bypassed only by weapons that are both Good and made of a baneful substance.

Bonus Feat: At 8th level, a Warlock gains one bonus feat, which can be any [Fiend] feat he qualifies for.

Dark Blast (Su): At 10th level, a Warlock may choose to change the damage of his Eldritch Blast to Unholy damage by reducing the damage it deals by 4d6 (a 10th level Warlock could opt to fire a 10d6 fire blast, 8d6 hellfire blast, or 6d6 unholy blast).

Fiendish Servant: An 11th level Warlock is followed by a cohort whose CR is 2 less than his level, but the cohort can only have levels in True Fiend, Fiendish Brute, or Conduit of the Lower Planes (they can also have racial hit dice). Regardless of class chosen, the cohort must be an Outsider with the [Evil] subtype, though they do not have to actually be evil.

Energy Resistance: At 13th level, a Warlock gains resistance 10 to two energy types of his choice, and resistance 5 to a third.

Fear Aura (Su): At 14th level, a Warlock can radiate a 20 foot aura of Fear as per the spell at will with a caster level equal to his character level. Save DC is 10+1/2 HD+Cha modifier. People who save against this aura cannot be affected by it again for 24 hours.

Fiendish Apotheosis: A 15th level Warlock becomes an Outsider with the [Evil] subtype, even if his own alignment is not evil. He is immortal and does not age. This allows him to qualify for the Fiend (http://boards1.wizards.com/showpost.php ... ostcount=3) classes, which can be used to fill out his last 5 levels.

And from Frank
Fire Mage
CalibronXXX
Knight-Baron

Post by CalibronXXX »

More Frank made or Tome compatible material.
Marshall
Bard
Sorceror
Easy NPC Classes
Evocation
Soulknife
Feats by Koumei
Feats by Prak
Jump

Last, and quite possibly least, the polymorph fix I wrote after reading the Tomes.
link

Sigma and Koumei are also currently working on some pretty cool bloodline type feats over here. Check 'em out.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

You guys... *sniff* BAWWW

And yes, I'd love for our Bloodlines to be declared "Tomeworthy"
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

The LaTeX source for the pdf file of the Tomes is available on the page with the pdf file. I'll grab it and add on all the unsorted Book of Gears material, the rest of the Frank stuff, and the rest of the Tome-worthy 'appendices'. Shouldn't take too long.

Is there anything missing from the PDF? I know the Master of the Seven Necromantic Mysteries is strangely absent (I'll put it back in), is there anything else?
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I'm happy for my stuff (Spell Focus feats, Bloodline Feats and a couple of those combat ones) to be include, yeah.

Though looking back, I think I might need to tweak all my stuff a bit to be internally balanced.

And the "Warlock that Doesn't Suck" was made by Ceilingcat.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Yahzi
1st Level

Post by Yahzi »

Sweet...

Although I confess I just skip over the crunch. I only read F&K for the the fluff.

:D
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Yahzi at [unixtime wrote:1197249982[/unixtime]]Sweet...

Although I confess I just skip over the crunch. I only read F&K for the the fluff.

:D

Yeah me too, but now I've finally begun making Tome characters, and so far so good.
The only problem is in picking the right feats in the right order.. as with normal feats, sometimes it's best to wait on something like Blitz until, say, L6 when the real benefits roll in rather than jump on it at L1 or 3.
SunTzuWarmaster
Knight-Baron

Unless you are an archer or reach-weapon fighter (especially with high crits), because then it is free damage and free damage multiplication.

I heave learned to love the Kiai+Point Blank Shot+Blitz combo of
Provoke an AoO (that likely is not within threat range) to make an attack that adds twice your BAB to damage with a longbow before multiplying by three.
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

Blitz is awesometastic at level anything if you're a barbarian.

Moreso if you're a TWFer.

You can actually change the game play dynamic of combat by dealing so much damage that not keeping you alive by throwing heals on you is a 'waste' of actions (since if you're down and regening you're not dealing 2-3 PCs worth of damage a round).

Of course, that was a an uber-tweaked PC in a group of mostly untweaked PCs.

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

ok, sigma, I have to ask... what the hell is your sig referencing?
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.