[Tome] Lich Paragon

The homebrew forum

Moderator: Moderators

Surgo
Duke

[Tome] Lich Paragon

Post by Surgo »

A paragon class that makes liches do interesting things we want them to be able to do and had no actual rules for yet. Again, I've already put it up somewhere where it's well formatted: http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Lich_Parag ... gon_Class)

(Again, phpbb sucks so you'll need to copy and paste.)

I'm not quite sure what Tome this would fit into. Probably the Tome of Necromancy, but that ship has already sailed. Also, I don't think there was ever really an interesting discussion about the kind of stuff that the Lich Paragon is supposed to do, like really interesting ways you need to destroy it and the inhabiting of magic items.
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Me thinks that we could use an LA+0 lich. Something like necropolitans (which always remind me of ice cream...).

And I bet the Necronomicon can still be added to.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack

Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

That's very cool. Also, I like that you can make whore... cruxes with Split Phylactery. Back when "Harry Potter and the SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE" had been released, I was trying to figure out a way to split my liches' phylactery. Now there is a way.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

CatharzGodfoot wrote:Me thinks that we could use an LA+0 lich. Something like necropolitans (which always remind me of ice cream...).
I don't think that's necessary. We already have plenty of classes that turn you into liches, and LA0 undead is a set that's covered pretty well.

Glad people like it, at least.
Judging__Eagle
Prince

Post by Judging__Eagle »

Actually... there's a spell in D&D called "scatter Phylactery" or "split Phylactery" or something, it makes your Phylactery turn into 100 or 1000 pieces. Each one needs to be broken before you can die.

On the WoTC boards people were coming up with ways to scatter the pieces in a safe manner.

Some were good, like, hide them in the bricks and mortar of Good temples.

Others were awesome, like, take a bag of holding; place in an AMF, place shard inside, remove bag from AMF.

Now the shard is in a bag, and no one will ever actually notice it, ever.
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Use a very expensive gem and tag it with Trap the Soul to store a powerful monster inside it. Then wrap it up in a giant ball of Explosive Runes.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

Judging__Eagle wrote:Actually... there's a spell in D&D called "scatter Phylactery" or "split Phylactery" or something, it makes your Phylactery turn into 100 or 1000 pieces. Each one needs to be broken before you can die.
That's an Epic spell, so it's immediately a worthless option. Funny enough it's also permanent, which means it can be dispelled. Doubly worthless!
Last edited by Surgo on Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Object Phylactery is worded to make you always want to be destroyed. That way, someone can get the benefit of the item and you can cast spells from safety.
Surgo
Duke

Post by Surgo »

I kind of figured not being able to effect the world outside of magic would be its own downside. It still counts against the 8 magic item limit for the person holding it anyway, so I'm not sure why you'd have your own party member hold it instead of putting it somewhere either more safe or more effective (like on an enemy's person).