Report Bugs Here!

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

Ah! Yep, now I remember - that's definitely it. I made a post under my wife's account to test, and then deleted it. So that'd definitely be it.
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
Juton
Duke

Post by Juton »

I just got this error a few seconds ago: "You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while." . My post still went through though. This was in the "Tropes vs Women" thread in the Video Games forum.
Oh thank God, finally a thread about how Fighters in D&D suck. This was a long time coming. - Schwarzkopf
shadzar
Prince

Post by shadzar »

thread preview below the posting area when NOT using quick reply has been showing up as "500 ERROR" lately.
500 Server Error
A misconfiguration on the server caused a hiccup. Check the server logs, fix the problem, then try again.
URL: http://tgdmb.com/posting.php?mode=topicreview
Last edited by shadzar on Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Play the game, not the rules.
Swordslinger wrote:Or fuck it... I'm just going to get weapon specialization in my cock and whip people to death with it. Given all the enemies are total pussies, it seems like the appropriate thing to do.
Lewis Black wrote:If the people of New Zealand want to be part of our world, I believe they should hop off their islands, and push 'em closer.
good read (Note to self Maxus sucks a barrel of cocks.)
shadzar
Prince

Post by shadzar »

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
capacity problems?
In total there are 23 users online :: 5 Registered, 1 Hidden and 17 Guests
Swordslinger wrote:Or fuck it... I'm just going to get weapon specialization in my cock and whip people to death with it. Given all the enemies are total pussies, it seems like the appropriate thing to do.
Lewis Black wrote:If the people of New Zealand want to be part of our world, I believe they should hop off their islands, and push 'em closer.
Parthenon
Knight-Baron

Post by Parthenon »

Sometimes when I use the 'View newest post' button on a thread it goes to the newest post correctly, but sometimes it goes to an older post that I've already seen. As in sometimes a completely different page of the thread.

It only happens on threads which I've used the newest post button before.

Does anyone else get this, or is it something to do with my browser caching the page and going to the cached version instead of requesting from the tgdmb server?
shadzar
Prince

Post by shadzar »

if you are in the same session, then the cookie has stored the last post you viewed. in order to make sure you are getting the new posts as new posts with this version of phpBB you need to log out when you leave. if you are on the forums for a while and visit a thread, then go to another and someone posts in the thread you previously read, the newest is still in your cookie as being the one you have already seen, not the most recent newest.

it uses a time based cookie on your session login to know when the last time you visited, not like newer phpBB or vBulletin that tracks individual thread views and post views.

if you ARE logging out and coming back later then seeing an older post as the newest rather than one with an orange page icon, you should probably stop caching TGD pages and let it gt the page from the server. with how often internet pages change these days and all the fancy javascript used, nost websites don't work right with page caching anyway anymore.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

shadzar wrote:

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
capacity problems?
In total there are 23 users online :: 5 Registered, 1 Hidden and 17 Guests
Well, it is an or condition - maintenance or capacity issues.
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

On of my posts showed up three times (fixed now). I'm moderately confident I didn't submit it three times.

I doubt this is meaningful by itself; I only mention it in case there's a pattern later.
Vebyast wrote:Here's a fun target for Major Creation: hydrazine. One casting every six seconds at CL9 gives you a bit more than 40 liters per second, which is comparable to the flow rates of some small, but serious, rocket engines. Six items running at full blast through a well-engineered engine will put you, and something like 50 tons of cargo, into space. Alternatively, if you thrust sideways, you will briefly be a fireball screaming across the sky at mach 14 before you melt from atmospheric friction.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

Anybody else ever have this happen?

When it happened to you, fectin, was there anything else odd going on that you noticed, like the server responding slowly?

edit #1 just to test....
Last edited by Zherog on Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can't fix stupid.

fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

It was responding slowly, but not extremely so, and I had edited my post twice.
Vebyast wrote:Here's a fun target for Major Creation: hydrazine. One casting every six seconds at CL9 gives you a bit more than 40 liters per second, which is comparable to the flow rates of some small, but serious, rocket engines. Six items running at full blast through a well-engineered engine will put you, and something like 50 tons of cargo, into space. Alternatively, if you thrust sideways, you will briefly be a fireball screaming across the sky at mach 14 before you melt from atmospheric friction.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

Did the extra posts appear immediately after you edited? After editing, do you wait for the auto redirect, or are you impatient like me and click one of the links? Were there posts between your triple post, or did they pop up all in a row?
You can't fix stupid.

...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

Sometimes I double or triple--it's usually when the loading is slow so I'm not sure if it registered, and I click "submit" several times.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.
fectin
Prince

Post by fectin »

Yeah, but I was pretty sure I only clicked once.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

...You Lost Me wrote:Sometimes I double or triple--it's usually when the loading is slow so I'm not sure if it registered, and I click "submit" several times.
When the site goes slow, it almost always makes your post, as best as I can see anyway. The "insert" to the database happens first, and that completes pretty quick. The slowness seems to be on loading the page that tells you it loaded.

Best bet if you have that problem is copy your text (just to be safe) and then reload the page to check if your post is there.

fectin wrote:Yeah, but I was pretty sure I only clicked once.
Yeah, I can buy accidentally double clicking, but triple is pretty hard to do by accident.

Anybody ever seen this specific behavior before? Where you're quite certain you only clicked once but the post appears multiple times?
You can't fix stupid.

RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

...You Lost Me wrote:Sometimes I double or triple--it's usually when the loading is slow so I'm not sure if it registered, and I click "submit" several times.
As a general rule, anytime the site seems to be loading slowly after I submit a post, I copy-paste my post elsewhere (or hold it in the clipboard), reload the page, and check to see if the post is there. If not, I paste the post and try again.
codeGlaze
Duke

Post by codeGlaze »

Is there maintenance going on or anything?

I've gotten :
General Error

Could not insert new word matches
twice now.

And a different error, that I don't recall, earlier.
Also, the boards are being super slow.

Just wondering.
Meikle641
Duke

Post by Meikle641 »

Same
Official Discord: https://discord.gg/ZUc77F7
Twitter: @HrtBrkrPress
FB Page: htttp://facebook.com/HrtBrkrPress
My store page: https://heartbreaker-press.myshopify.co ... ctions/all
Book store: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/ ... aker-Press
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

I've been getting that too. Also, I note that threads I've posted in still report the previous poster as the last poster, even though my post displays in the thread itself.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

Looking into things now...

test edit

and again...
Last edited by Zherog on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
You can't fix stupid.

Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

OK, hopefully the "General Error Could not insert new word matches" error is resolved. I was just able to post and make some edits to the post.

However, things are still slow. That might be on host; I'll keep looking into that, though I do need to go cook a pot of chili for tomorrow's game soon. If it is the host, it'll resolve itself on its own in time.

test edit again. just to check...
Last edited by Zherog on Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
You can't fix stupid.

Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

And...

As part of the performance issue, it looks like we're now getting "500 server" errors. Hopefully it clears up soon, but I'll enter a ticket with support in a moment.
You can't fix stupid.

JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Still getting " Could not insert new word matches" constantly, if you can see this post it made it through

EDIT: Looks like the problem is gone! Thanks Zherog.
Last edited by JonSetanta on Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I had that problem as well, resulting in the triple-post in News That Make You Etc.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Zherog wrote:weirdness abounds. Now there's a page 13 on this thread with no posts... *sigh*
edit: so posting this resolves the error, simply by making page 13 actually exist. So... I don't want to spam this thread with enough posts to generate a new page (though I may do just that in the admin forum), but in the meantime if anybody sees that happen elsewhere, please let me know here. I'm hoping it's an isolated incident...
Same verse, different page. Now there's a page 14 with no posts. This one will probably be the first post on page 14 though.

Edit: confirmed.
Last edited by Prak on Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

Thanks, Prak. Has anybody seen that problem anywhere besides this thread?

Performance still seems to be slow, but maybe a bit better than last night. Though that may just be wishful thinking...
You can't fix stupid.