Stahlseele
King

Re: Video Games

Post by Stahlseele »

Cyberpunk is 20% off on steam. . .
And i still can't be arsed to buy it.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

I got me MW5 Mercs on Steam with the DLC Bundle.
It is . . . thoroughly mediocre, but i expect Mods will improve on this once i have done a vanilla only campaign playthrough.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

Yeah, I feel like they leaned too hard on trying to have a story in place from day 1 and the result left me feeling penned in.
bears fall, everyone dies
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

I basically bought it just for the MWLL2 Mod . .
This time, the Engine actually supports what they are doing and does not have to be raped into the shape of a pretzel to make it work . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

themadimp
NPC

Post by themadimp »

So I got ahold of the Wrath of the Righteous early beta and... well, it's pretty feature-complete from what I can see for a beta. Things work the way they're supposed to, though I'm still in Kenabres. Once again I can't be bothered to give a fuck about the NPC party members, especially not since they included Woljif, the asshole rogue party member. I'll do their companion quests but they do not belong in my party. The one I would care about, Irabeth, is not a party member as of yet - probably because she's too obviously competent and straightforward.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uON2WyxC49E
simply incredible, what modders can achieve . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

The Adventurer's Almanac
Duke

Post by The Adventurer's Almanac »

Stahlseele wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:45 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uON2WyxC49E
simply incredible, what modders can achieve . .
It takes a lot to impress me, but... god fucking damn.
Zaranthan
Knight-Baron

Post by Zaranthan »

I have seen total conversion mods that turned turn based strategy games into CRPGs and real time tactical games. That right there is mind blowing.
Koumei wrote:...is the dead guy posthumously at fault for his own death and, due to the felony murder law, his own murderer?
hyzmarca wrote:A palace made out of poop is much more impressive than one made out of gold. Stinkier, but more impressive. One is an ostentatious display of wealth. The other is a miraculous engineering feat.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

https://www.reddit.com/r/Battletechgame ... r_biggest/

And again, the community is basically making DLCs of their own for an EOL Game . .
There is another called Hyades Rim that is basically making a complete new campaign set after the official main game campaign.

And a different even more extreme version of the BTA one called ruge tech that tries to get as close to the board game rules as possible.

In related news, how i wish the nice people of the megamek projekt would make a version in unity so that it can look prettier . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

WH40K Rogue Trader.
By the people that made the Pathfinder CRPG.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxzLatDb1fg
carefull optimism maybe?
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

Just saw this myself recently. A few friends and I am interested for sure.
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

If it is anywhere close to pathfinder but with actual round based combat, i will so buy it and play it . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Dogbert
Duke

Post by Dogbert »

Stahlseele wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:57 pm
carefull optimism maybe?
Chances are, the source material is going to be better (provided GW's writers don't share Paizo's unhealthy love for Second Order Idiot Plots, that is).
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Dogbert wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:20 am
Stahlseele wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:57 pm
carefull optimism maybe?
Chances are, the source material is going to be better (provided GW's writers don't share Paizo's unhealthy love for Second Order Idiot Plots, that is).
when was the last time you actually heard or read anything about rogue traders?
that is as open a canvas to use as you are likely gonna get in WH40K.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Dogbert
Duke

Post by Dogbert »

Stahlseele wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:15 pm
Over ten years ago, and I have no idea about the nature of GW's canned adventures. I did know, however, Paizo's canned SOIPs, hence me venturing the guess that I'm probably going to like a game based on Rogue Trader better than a game based on any of Paizo's APs.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Dogbert wrote:
Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:51 am
Stahlseele wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:15 pm
Over ten years ago, and I have no idea about the nature of GW's canned adventures. I did know, however, Paizo's canned SOIPs, hence me venturing the guess that I'm probably going to like a game based on Rogue Trader better than a game based on any of Paizo's APs.
I am not familiar with either of them much, but Rogue Trader should give you the maximum in terms of options for characters and stories . .
Obviously probably not Spess Mehreens and Custardes and other such high Profile things, but everything else, including the more rational Xenos should be more or less fair play i guess . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

So, anybody wanna talk about the deluge of WH40K Vidya Trailers?
The Rogue Trader one seems to have gotten ship to ship combat and actually Spess Meringues as playable Characters . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

I and a few people in my gaming group are looking forward to it. I like that style of RPG and still like WH40k so it is a good thing to hear something about what is going on. But also I don't like to get too hype.
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

I will not try to get too hyped, we will see how bad the monetization is, but the fact that it has a proper round based combat system makes it a worthwhile consideration for me. Also because it is scifi WH40K and not another Fantasy one.

As an alternative, i offer up:
Miasma Chronicles which seems to be very well done from a technical point.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

It's made by Owlcat games, who made both the Pathfinder games. So from there we can infer a few things:

1. An interesting enough story/fun enough set of interactions (the PF ones they took quite a few liberties from the written modules... for the better)
2. Recruitable characters that are quite fun to listen to and talk to and include, but 90% actually poorly made so you'll want to use a custom party, also there might be some really dumb characterisation written in for particularly villainous ones - which in 40k is basically everyone.
3. Turn-based combat handled decently well (in this case they've said they're grouping similar minion things so they all move and act at the same time, as opposed to "Summon 1d4+1 pigs. Watch as each one then takes its turn.")
4. A base game that is 60+ GB in size, and takes over a minute to start up, and probably has fairly hefty "loading/saving/changing maps" times.
5. A lot of content in the base game, enough to justify it on its own, followed by varying degrees of middling expansion content - one "Roguelite endless dungeon" thing that is usually all right, and then a bunch of "here we added one new class + NPC + some amount of story around that NPC" things.
6. Game balance that... I'm going to say "encourages playing like you've been on the Den for a while". You will need bullshit combos to increase your defences more than expected in order to survive getting attacked by the expected opposition and you will need to abuse constant use of "stuff that ignores enemy defences" (in PF that's "make a skill check to make every enemy flat-footed so you can hit at all, even with touch attacks"), just so you can regularly hit your foes.

The late Biscuit didn't die for us to pre-order games, of course, I don't pre-order games and I don't have much faith in 40k based games at all (including, but not limited to, actual 40k). But I'll vaguely keep an eye on this.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

House Biscuit Motto:"WE DO NOT PRE-ORDER!"

As for the rest . . yeah sounds about right.
Beta? Gameplay on the tubes did not look too
asinine, but that does not mean it is not going
to be in the full release. I will wait and see.

I do not know much about the 40K Universe to
begin with, so i will probably not notice "errors"
or bad characterizations in the first place.

Some of the Dialog-Options were funny and
actually not really something i would expect
from a game made in this time with people
wanting to cancel basically anything that they
can somehow construe as being problematic
and offensive to their personal preferences.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

There is some Beta Gameplay of the Rogue Trader Game on the Tubes now.
The Dialogue-Options are . . . Accurate and astonishingly bleak at times.
Also, yes, typical owlcat fare so far.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote: