Vacation Time

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

When I do wii bowling, I move to the left a few feet, then rotate a little bit to the right, and throw a right hook. Seriously.

I'm no expert on bowling, but I can beat all my friends on wii bowling. My mother typically beats me on bowling though.
Neeeek
Knight-Baron

Post by Neeeek »

Crissa wrote: I haven't bowled in twenty years. I don't really know what the numbers mean.
How bowling scoring works:

In each frame:

If there are pins left after 2 balls are thrown, one point is awarded per pin that is downed.

If there are pins left after the first ball, but not after the second, a spare is awarded. 10 points(one for each pin downed) plus the number of pins knocked down by the next thrown ball are awarded. So if you get a spare in frame #1, and knock down 8 with your first ball in frame #2, frame #1 is scored as an 18.

If all the pins are downed by the first ball in a frame, a strike is awarded. 10 points(one for each pin downed) plus the number of pins knocked down by the next two thrown balls are awarded. So if you get a strike in frame #2, and a spare in frame #2, frame #1 is scored as a 20.

A 188 is a very good score. The lowest possible score when knocking down every pin set before you (10 0/10 spares, with a strike in the bonus frame) gets you 110 points.

Does that help?
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

When I actually bowl well I have a specific technique:
Right foot pointed 45 degrees to the right of the lane. My toe sits on the center arrow. Left foot relaxed behind.
Eyes fixed at a point a foot above and three inches to the left of center pin top.
Raise ball up fully extended. Cradle with left hand.
Then I let the pendulum swikg back as I walk up and *hurtle* it.

Usually goes in a straight line to the center and strikes.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

When I actually bowl, I re-injure my shoulder within a few frames.

I tore my right deltoid sophomore year during a wrestling tournament. It's mostly healed up, but it's really easily injured, and throwing an eight pound ball underhanded is just the right motion to hurt it again.

Last time I went bowling, my ex wife threw a fit when I wanted to stop after the sixth frame. Then insisted we play a second game. Then threw a fit when I threw six gutter balls in a row because I could barely even lift my arm at that point. According to her, I was throwing them on purpose because I didn't want to play.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

//
Last edited by ubernoob on Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Sigma: I was the best at baseball, because I don't know how to pitch. Instead, I merely flicked my wrist in a "Wingardium Leviosa!" manner, which tricked the Wiimote into thinking I was launching it out of a fucking cannon. I don't know how to pitch (I just have difficulty with any kind of overarm throwing), but I know how a game controller works and how to give the input it wants.

But we didn't play much baseball: apparently the only place you can hit it that ISN'T a foul is into the pitcher's glove. We decided it's not a fault of the wii, baseball is seriously just a stupid game. No wonder only two countries play it (and not even against each other. "World series" my arse).

Count: Wow, you were right in calling her a bitch.
Were you any good at wrestling? I'm embarrassed to say it, but even now I enjoy playing the WWE playstation games and occasionally watching a PPV.

ubernoob: A-kon is an anime convention, right? In my experience, fist-fights tend not to occur at cons. What happened?

Also, try using open palm strikes. That's what I do when play-fighting, and many professional shoot-fighters do it so as not to break fingers/thumbs/wrists.
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Anime Konvention is right. There are few fights. This one happened in our shared room. The pussy hadn't paid his way and squirted me with a fucking watergun as I entered. Since he badgered his way into the room and all but one of us hated the kid I had every right to beat his ass. I did. Nobody fucks with me. Those dumb enough to ignore the aura deserve to be slapped around.

Sidenote: I've mastered several striking techniques, so the loss of a closed fist is no big.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Koumei wrote:I was the best at baseball, because I don't know how to pitch. Instead, I merely flicked my wrist in a "Wingardium Leviosa!" manner, which tricked the Wiimote into thinking I was launching it out of a fucking cannon. I don't know how to pitch (I just have difficulty with any kind of overarm throwing), but I know how a game controller works and how to give the input it wants.

But we didn't play much baseball: apparently the only place you can hit it that ISN'T a foul is into the pitcher's glove. We decided it's not a fault of the wii, baseball is seriously just a stupid game. No wonder only two countries play it (and not even against each other. "World series" my arse).
I golf over my head, ending it as a Nazi salute.
It works just as well as standing up and swinging in good form for everything except for putting; I must do a little "shoo shoo" motion at the waist.

Oh and speaking of vacation, I'll be in Virginia mountains for a week.
Much RPG-conceptualizing will be done for yet another a d20 alternative (now that 4e is out), and when I return I post a chapter from the long-in-writing fiction I'm doing if it still looks as good by then as it did last night (don't like the end right now, though)
Last edited by JonSetanta on Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Koumei wrote: Were you any good at wrestling? I'm embarrassed to say it, but even now I enjoy playing the WWE playstation games and occasionally watching a PPV.
Not really. I was just one of the few 215 pounders in the region that was their ideal weight. I was just stronger and in better condition than my opponents, I grabbed hold of them and slammed them around until they quit.

Anyone who actually knew how to wrestle beat my ass, because I'm supremely uncoordinated and couldn't do most of the counters correctly.