New hate-filled whisper campaign about Gov. Palin.

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

The 13 Wise Buttlords
Master

New hate-filled whisper campaign about Gov. Palin.

Post by The 13 Wise Buttlords »

http://dailykos.com/story/2008/8/30/121 ... 486/580223

tl;dr version: highly circumstantial evidence points to Gov. Palin (R-Alaska) pretending to be the mother of her daughter's baby.

Scurrilous, I know, but I like to be on the cutting edge of hate and hypocrisy.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Why must you troll us like this?

Resist.... resist...
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
Neeeek
Knight-Baron

Post by Neeeek »

I've heard this in numerous places. I just don't see the point. Why the fuck would I care if she's raising her daughter's baby? She's a horrible choice for VP in any case, probably the worst of any major party ever, there's no reason to attack her family. Hell, picking her shows exactly what the Dems have been saying about McCain for months: He's got bad judgment and is incredibly rash, regardless of whatever experience he has.
PhoneLobster
King

Post by PhoneLobster »

The point is YOU don't care, but the crazy right wing family facists who she is supposed to be a sop for might.

I mean good god man, can you imagine the reaction from that lot if HILLARY had been so open to a similar story?

But anyway the stuff YOU are supposed to care about is the fact that she is basically a stealth candidate for some of the craziest apocalypse/master race/anti secular cults in Christianity.

Its all targeted campaigning.
Absentminded_Wizard
Duke

Post by Absentminded_Wizard »

Of course, the fact that McCain picked his VP to appeal to the party base, while Obama picked his to appeal to working-class independents and centrist Democrats, says a lot about the general state of the two campaigns and the race.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

I kind of hope the whisper campaign is right, otherwise this kind of decision-making...

http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/4628 ... linla4.png

...is what the GOP is putting one quavering heartbeat from the chief executive's chair.
PhoneLobster
King

Post by PhoneLobster »

Guess what.

You'll never guess, go on...
Absentminded_Wizard
Duke

I just read it. The Palin's have announced that Bristol is five monthspregnant and plans to marry the father.

EDIT: And it looks like The Sydney Morning Herald was the first paper to break the news. Apparently, that's why PL was all over this.

And it'll be interesting to see how the timelines work out. Clearly, if she's 5 months pregnant now, she couldn't have been Trig's father. The cynic in me does wonder if she's going to end up giving birth "prematurely."

EDIT 2: I didn't catch the length of the pregnancy until I read the full article, as opposed to the blog post where I first saw this.
Last edited by Absentminded_Wizard on Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Neeeek
Knight-Baron

Post by Neeeek »

And again...who cares? I was hoping that Palin's 5th child was really her daughter's, because the chain of events regarding the delivery of said child would be much less terrifying if it was a case of the grandparents adopting a daughter's child.

Palin is, as I mentioned before, the worst VP selection ever. The pregnancy thing isn't worth bothering with. The Alaskan Independence Party is a better place to start.
PhoneLobster
King

Post by PhoneLobster »

And like I said, its the family facists that care. Or should care if they weren't a bunch of two faced double think frauds.

I mean again, holy fuck can you imagine? If Hillary got the democratic ticket and her and Bill's underage teen daughter fell pregnant outside of marraige? We're talking constant screaming right wing outrage from now until the election, heck it could still happen if Bill turns out to be this kids real father. (And considering the poor vetting already evident on McCain's part here I'm not ruling that out)

So the new zany all the time Vice with her corruption scandals and her cults and her stupidity and her child endangerment and her hip hop and her dungeries and her pokemon and etc...

Despite all her other fascinating zanyness this is still important. Because by the rules HER people set it is a scandal on the level of getting your ass hounded out of an election (if you were in any way "left").

Because it shows the double standards of the morality crowd.

And also and perhaps most importantly because this wacky loon advocates abstinence only sex education as a means of protecting children from teen pregnancies. And this is even more proof of the failure of that insane policy.

I'm just amazed this managed to come out so damn fast without the assistance of This guy

Oh and while looking for that I found this entertaining compilation...
Draco_Argentum
Duke

Post by Draco_Argentum »

I love it, its perfect for black flag propaganda. Get on fundie right wing blogs and start agitating for the evangelicals to break away from the morally bankrupt GOP and start their own party.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

What I don't understand is how Palin's pregnant daughter gets so much coverage, and shit like this and its follow-up get so little.

Well, I understand a bit. I mean, the whole second thing is about how they were arresting the reporters.
Absentminded_Wizard
Duke

I'm really kind of shocked there hasn't been more coverage of this kind of stuff, given that ABC at least made a big deal about reporters getting ordered off the public sidewalk and arrested for covering the existence of Democratic VIP fundraiser events. My suspicion is that coverage of Gustav is pushing off things that would be reported to death if the Republican Convention was the only thing going on now.
Absentminded_Wizard
Duke

Alaskan paper prints e-mail about Palin

The author of this e-mail is a Democrat, so she might have a little bit of reason to be biased. But it's a really detailed account of Palin's record from somebody who lives in her town and state.
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

I heard about her from NPR yesterday. There is a lot of funny (as in really ironic) things about this lady. The most ironic is that her connection to the internet is limited to dialup. She doesn't use the web, only email and she's probably received more email in the past few days than she's received in her entire life (if you think your email is backed up, her's was up to 1,000 by the time the NPR person finished the interview).

She is a Democrat, but she's not a politician. I don't think she has an axe to grind. Given that I would say it is an honest, but not guarenteed to be perfect (alas I don't think you can ever get that) description of the Governor.
Last edited by tzor on Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

Of course, making hay about how Palin didn't mention her pregnancy until two months before the birth is just how rumors work.

Now we have Republicans stealing flags and lying about their opponents throwing them away.

*sigh*

-Crissa
tzor
Prince

Post by tzor »

Oh give me a fucking break, Republicans breaking in to the end of the Democratic National Convention to pull, what, some stunt that only a handfull of people who know US flag code (which is in fact not enforceable in law) would appreciate? Let's just leave this as what it most likely was, the standard process of taking a ton of used material after a convention.
Crissa
King

Post by Crissa »

It was on Fox News. And it isn't the Democratic Party that supports the Flag protection amendment.

New on the table is hearsay that Palin was overheard saying, "fucking eskimos," and when the Democratic Primary ended, "So Sambo beat the bitch?" Of course, no one will go on record as having heard her say such things. But since she has a habit of taking retribution against people who upset her (even loyal ones)... Well, that last sentence isn't a rumor.

-Crissa
Neeeek
Knight-Baron

Post by Neeeek »

tzor wrote:Oh give me a fucking break, Republicans breaking in to the end of the Democratic National Convention to pull, what, some stunt that only a handfull of people who know US flag code (which is in fact not enforceable in law) would appreciate? Let's just leave this as what it most likely was, the standard process of taking a ton of used material after a convention.
Umm. No. This was them stealing the flags then claiming they were saving the flags from being thrown away (while also falsely claiming the flags were being thrown away, which they weren't).

So basically, you have people committing a crime in order to try to frame their opponents for something politically disastrous.

The fact that you don't have a problem with this sort of thing reflects poorly upon your character.