[Tome] The Exultant

The homebrew forum

Moderator: Moderators

traverse
Apprentice

Post by traverse »

I'm going to grit it out and writeup an extended description for the class. I'm so used to writing up this version as a light on flavor tome class, since that's just how it's done (understandably, since many tome classes are built on legacy ideas, if not preexisting classes). Hopefully that will bring the class' abilities together more acceptably.
CatharzGodfoot wrote:Comet is definitely my favorite ability.
Glad to hear. Kind of had a moment of insight, after just plodding on with the previous version for so long. I like it for what I think its real purpose is: bypassing all the nasty stuff in an area after one of your companions gets across it. :p
Avoraciopoctules wrote:... Phantom Strings should scale better. Give it a DC based on Character Level + Charisma instead of the spell's default.
What if I allowed for ranks in bluff + Cha mod? Casters work at level + ability score mod, and have multiple options with which to raise it further, while this class would be level + ability score mod + 3, with no way to raise it further. So, I guess the question is, does it need to be lower, or higher?
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

In a Tome game, the save DC should definitely be higher. Basing the DC on skill ranks + CHA mod doesn't seem too out there.
Last edited by Avoraciopoctules on Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.