The Psion (has nothing to do with the XPH version)

The homebrew forum

Moderator: Moderators

koz
Duke

Post by koz »

Updated the Field, but I still need chime-ins on the abilities - I am pretty certain my balance is off. As for your new Field, am adding this now, but VitM's Shrodinger's Guard needs to be named something else.
Everything I learned about DnD, I learned from Frank Trollman.
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
Frank Trollman wrote:Giving someone a mouth full of cock is a standard action.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Any abilities period with a range other than personal and a duration need to have a clause that restricts it to one creature at a time.
Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

Guess you still don't like the Evil Eye joke. x.x
violence in the media
Duke

Post by violence in the media »

Damoclean Shield
Time: Standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 round/level
Save: Will negates (harmless)
SR: Yes

The Damolcean Shield is the perfect defense, for a time. Your fate hangs in the air before you, though you might yet change it. The projectile or spell hangs in the air surrounding you, frozen in it's trajectory. Melee attacks leave an afterimage along their arcs. You are immune to grapples, and they do not register as attacks.

When someone makes an attack against you, record the attack roll result, damage, save DC, and spell penetration roll (if any) on a separate sheet of paper. Continue recording attacks sequentially as they target or affect you. You are not harmed by any of these attacks yet, nor do you suffer any penalties or debilitating effects while the shield is up and the attack is stored.

You may release any attack in the shield as a SWIFT (?) action and compare it's attack and damage values against your current defenses. Make any saves or other checks necessary at this point. Actions you have taken prior to releasing the attack may lessen or negate its effectiveness against you. For example, a Fireball spell may be rendered impotent by gaining fire immunity or evasion before you release it. A sword strike may be deflected by pulling a shield from your pack or have its damage negated by increasing your DR.

The Damolcean Shield can store up to 1 attack per caster level. If incoming attacks would push the Shield over this limit, the shield immediately dumps a stored attack onto you. Roll 2d10 to determine which stored attack you are affected with. Once the duration expires, all stored attacks affect you immediately.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Why is a level 11 Psion 10/X 1 better at effecting Constructs with Mind affecting abilities than non mind immune creatures?
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.