Shadowrun Horror

The homebrew forum

Moderator: Moderators

Exrandu
NPC

Post by Exrandu »

FrankTrollman wrote:To be honest, I don't have the original torrent bits for it, because I got a new computer and my new hard drive does not have it. Now what I do have is the source files, so I could remake a torrent that included some of the last minute stuff (like the rules), and put that online anew.

Alternately, I could actually go through it and clean some of the typos up and do a proper second edition. That would take a bit longer though. Probably the biggest thing that would change is the final battle system. I've never really liked the final battle mechanics of Arkham Horror, and honestly I find them more than a little bit wonky in Los Angelos Horror. I'd probably replace them with a "final countdown" thing, where it introduced a new Loss condition when the Doom Track filled up.

For example, the Final Countdown of New Revolution might be that whenever a Tension marker was laid down, that location was also closed. Place an extra Tension marker every turn. When all three Riots are in play you lose.

-Username17
So far I've managed to download 8% of the torrent. And 47% of the patch torrent. Also, thanks for replying, frank!

A second edition sounds pretty great. When I manage to get a full copy I'd be happy to go through and note any typos myself. Your ideas for Final Countdowns sound good, but my concern would be that it might lead to even lengthier games in a game that is already naturally lengthy.

Then again, anyone who is playing Arkham Horror or a spinoff probably doesn't mind a lengthy game, right?
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Possibly. But the final battle rules are basically a time consuming anticlimactic die rolling exercise. "You have two turns to win or you lose" would actually be more thematic and more interesting.

-Username17
Exrandu
NPC

Post by Exrandu »

Finally finished downloading! Thanks to whoever was seeding this last night. I'll be seeding as much as possible for as long as possible
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Go ahead and email me if you want a rulebook, I don't think it got included in the old torrent.

ftrollman (@) gmail.com

-Username17
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Hey, what does it mean to be damaged? I can't find that anywhere.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

angelfromanotherpin wrote:Hey, what does it mean to be damaged? I can't find that anywhere.
Fuck. I was going to have Damaged be a set of Injury cards, but I didn't get those out. I was supposed to take all the references to damaged out of the game and replace them with other penalties. But if you do have a set of Dunwich Horror, you can use the normal Injury Cards.

Otherwise, I guess I'd have it be shipped to the hospital and delayed. If the Hospital is closed, that becomes Missing In Action.

-Username17
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Cool, thanks.