Problems with Josh's stuff

The homebrew forum

Moderator: Moderators

ubernoob
Duke

Problems with Josh's stuff

Post by ubernoob »

//
Last edited by ubernoob on Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

1. Only in cases where all criticals are confirmed. Still probably needs a patch, thanks.

2. Thanks, I'll cap it with Cha to match the Fire Mage and Snowscaper versions. That still probably means that Kuo-toa will nearly double their weapon damages with Shock weapons, but it is acceptable to me as it also means that anyone who can has Resist Electric up when fighting against 'Toa and people may even consider stuff like disarming a viable counter tactic.

3. The wording is fuzzy, but I know what I meant so it'll work for my game. The abilities as intended in are roughly: Base: You cut their size bonus in half on opposed rolls. +1 You ignore their size bonus to hit you. +6 You stab them in the wrist as they slash at you. +11 You disregard all size mods. +16 You disregard only the size mods that are bad for you

But other known issues are

4) Tome Metamagic feats do not even exist.

5) Some of the classes have spells not available in SRD nor their class page.

6) Spirit Shaman gets a sphere, so if anyone plays one, I need to add the sphere references from Tome of Fiends.
Last edited by Josh_Kablack on Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Josh_Kablack wrote: +11 You disregard all size mods. +16 You disregard only the size mods that are bad for you
Is this like Tome Giant Slayer, where you can ignore your opponents modifiers as well?

If so... Fucking terrible, you will cause many problems.
Josh_Kablack wrote:4) Tome Metamagic feats do not even exist.
Yes they do, see Alpha Nerd/Tome Errata.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
TarkisFlux
Duke

Post by TarkisFlux »

Kaelik wrote:
Josh_Kablack wrote:4) Tome Metamagic feats do not even exist.
Yes they do, see Alpha Nerd/Tome Errata.
Alternately, you can find some spellcasting over at the wiki (it's using that name to differentiate tome metamagic from wotc metamagic).
The wiki you should be linking to when you need a wiki link - http://www.dnd-wiki.org

Fectin: "Ant, what is best in life?"
Ant: "Ethically, a task well-completed for the good of the colony. Experientially, endorphins."
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

TarkisFlux wrote: Alternately, you can find some spellcasting over at the wiki (it's using that name to differentiate tome metamagic from wotc metamagic).
Thanks for the link, will take a look.
"But transportation issues are social-justice issues. The toll of bad transit policies and worse infrastructure—trains and buses that don’t run well and badly serve low-income neighborhoods, vehicular traffic that pollutes the environment and endangers the lives of cyclists and pedestrians—is borne disproportionately by black and brown communities."
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

Okay, armor updates done. Adamant breastplate got a much-needed nerf, some others got tweaked, a few new ones got added, some flavor got rewritten for the setting and I think it's likely that there're some potential abuses somewhere in there.
Bihlbo
Master

Post by Bihlbo »

I'm just curious, but why is this a new thread instead of a reply to the actual material?
Psychic Robot wrote:chock full of aspie
"BEEP BEEP BOOP DOES NOT COMPUTE"
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

OP's (and by that I mean Josh's) request in the other thread.
Last edited by Zinegata on Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Josh_Kablack
King

Post by Josh_Kablack »

Bihlbo wrote:I'm just curious, but why is this a new thread instead of a reply to the actual material?
That's an excellent question.

The answer is simply so that I can keep the other thread clear for communication with my actual players and have it not turn into the sort of 8 page profanity laced debate over rules minutiae that The Den is famous for, thereby making it excessively difficult for my players to reference anything.