The Enduring Evil - Descent, Rebalanced

The homebrew forum

Moderator: Moderators

Manxome
Knight-Baron

The Enduring Evil - Descent, Rebalanced

Post by Manxome »

I know a couple of people here play Descent: Journeys in the Dark, so I thought I'd post that my long-term homebrew project is finally available for public consumption.

The Enduring Evil is a rebalancing of Descent: Journeys in the Dark featuring improved player scaling (2-5 heroes), tougher monsters, 10 original quests and over 300 print-and-play cards. It is designed to take advantage of components from the Well of Darkness, Altar of Despair, and Tomb of Ice expansions, but you can play the first quest with only the base game components and the new cards.

Want to play with two heroes (or five) without the game breaking? Want to see monsters that don't all die before they get a turn? Want ranged weapons that keep up with melee and magic ones? Area weapons that don't quadruple a hero's effectiveness? Skill cards that look like someone actually tried to balance them?

The Enduring Evil has entirely new item, skill, and overlord decks, as well as new monster stats.

You can get it here.

Please let me know if you have any questions or problems using The Enduring Evil, if you discover any errors, or if I can make it available in a more convenient format.
Manxome
Knight-Baron

Post by Manxome »

Interesting that this thread received as many views as the one on the Fantasy Flight forums, despite having no replies. I wouldn't have thought we had over 300 readers here!
CatharzGodfoot
King

Post by CatharzGodfoot »

Goddammit, now there's another game I have to buy.
The law in its majestic equality forbids the rich as well as the poor from stealing bread, begging and sleeping under bridges.
-Anatole France

Mount Flamethrower on rear
Drive in reverse
Win Game.

-Josh Kablack