The Elements

The homebrew forum

Moderator: Moderators

Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

To give fire types a climb speed change:
Firebodied have a 30' base land speed. They also shed light, brightly illuminating between up 40', and shedding shadowy illumination over twice that distance, or a minimum of 5'. They may change brightness or douse thesmelves to smoulder (5' shadow illumination) as a swift action. They also gain a +2 bonus on Acrobatics checks (Balance and Tumble, under PHB skills).
to
Firebodied have a climb speed equal to their land speed. They also shed light, brightly illuminating between up 40', and shedding shadowy illumination over twice that distance, or a minimum of 5'. They may change brightness or douse thesmelves to smoulder (5' shadow illumination) as a swift action. They also gain a +2 bonus on Acrobatics checks (Balance and Tumble, under PHB skills).
IGTN
Knight-Baron

Post by IGTN »

That could work. It would involve making Elemental-Bodied more different from MM elementals, since Fire Elementals are the ones with a good land speed (Air had no land speed, but a fly speed, Fire has a 50' land speed, and Earth and Water have a 20' land speed), and have no climb speed (but Earth Elementals have no Burrow speed); still, I could put the fire elemental land speed in as a feat.
"No, you can't burn the inn down. It's made of solid fire."
Aktariel
Knight-Baron

Post by Aktariel »

Man. Now I just want to make a Shadow Elemental Shadow Warrior.

Burn two feats, and all your attacks are touch attacks.

Not all that special, but the flavor's kind of nice.
<something clever>
Sunwitch
Master

Post by Sunwitch »

I feel that as long as Elemental Brutes are expected to be fighting without armor without multiclassing (or spending feats if you're dumb), the natural armor bonus should be Level + 3 like the Fiendish equivalent.