Cashing In

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Utterfail
Master

Post by Utterfail »

Rejakor wrote:son I am disappoint

-Rejakor

On a happier note, I got approved over at elliquiy.
Failing since 1989

I suppose this signature has run it's course.
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

Same. That's after disappearing for... 4 days.
I had a signature here once but I've since lost it.

My current project: http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=56456
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

So, do we have an Elliquiy thread? I'm already approved, so a link would be nice.
Everything I learned about DnD, I learned from Frank Trollman.
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
Frank Trollman wrote:Giving someone a mouth full of cock is a standard action.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
Rejakor
Master

Post by Rejakor »

Okay wow that's the first time i'd seen that.

And it's terrifying.

Okay, so the party is:
Koumei - Paladin;Our Glorious Leader
the_taken - Barbarian;AhahahahAHAHAHABWAHAHAHAA-
Mister_Sinister - Ranger;Name-taker and Finger-breaker
Utterfail - Fighter; ... unless it's a farm!
Mask_De_H - Rogue/Assassin;I am the blade that strikes in the night. I am the fear that invades your dreams. I am DARKWING DU-

I'm already horrified.

THREAD.

I've written the intro, but I can't find this one specific goddamn format that I have been looking for for three goddamn days now.

It's like... a.. in-universe data format that has a header and a footer and use a +++blahblahtechnicallookingstuffgoeshere+++ format, and it's absolutely perfect for what I want but I can't remember where I saw it and I can't find it again!

It doesn't help that 90% of all codexes posted to the web only include GODDAMN STATS.

I'm giving myself one more try. If I can't find it soon, i'll just post the boring ass intro AS IT IS without it being all communique style and flash as a git wot 'as more teef'n 'e knows wot ta do with.

This is actually really frustrating.

-Rejakor
Utterfail
Master

Post by Utterfail »

I know the one you're talking about, but cant find a reference anywhere.
Failing since 1989

the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

So, uh, where's the game?

the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

Boy, the sound of crickets in the night sure is relaxing.

Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

I think Rejakor was abducted and killed. It is the only logical explanation.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Utterfail
Master

Post by Utterfail »

Alas, poor Rejakor, we... well, he never ran our game.
Failing since 1989

Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Actually, if the game didn't push through, would any of you mind me being your DM?

I can run an Inquisition-themed Rogue Trader if Ascension didn't make you happy Koumei. Rules are basically the same, except you get a lot of cash at the outset and a battleship.

I actually had helped a friend plan out a Sisters of Battle Hospitaller character for a 40K Rogue Trader campaign that didn't push through, along with an actual Inquisitor.

Likewise it's actually fairly simple to port an Ascension character to RT. The only real change between the two are Psyker rules... but Fate isn't tied to that anyway.

I can run in IRC forums.

If any are interested I have a campaign intro that I can post.
Last edited by Zinegata on Sun May 16, 2010 2:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

I was kinda keen on something happening in regards to this here game, and if someone's willing to take on something similar, I'd like to be a part of it.
Kaelik wrote:You are so full of Strawmen that I can only assume you actually shit actual straw.
souran wrote:...uber, nerd-rage-inducing, minutia-devoted, pointless blithering shit.
Schwarzkopf wrote:The Den, your one-stop shop for in-depth analysis of Dungeons & Dragons and distressingly credible threats of oral rape.
DSM wrote:Apparently, The GM's Going To Punch You in Your Goddamned Face edition of D&D is getting more traction than I expected. Well, it beats playing 4th. Probably 5th, too.
PoliteNewb wrote:If size means anything, it's what position you have to get in to give a BJ.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Okay. I've PM'd Koumei to see if she's still interested.

Should I consider PMing the previous crew too? I'm kinda a stranger here :P.
Utterfail
Master

Post by Utterfail »

I'd be interested in a DH or RT game. I mean, I was all hyped for Dungeon Crusade, but that would satisfy my 40k fix too.
Failing since 1989

Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

That's two. Hmmm... any expectations regarding the game or will I use Koumei's campaign requirements as a benchmark?

So far, from what I read she wants:

1) Characters who matter and are awesome (No problem there if we play RT or RT rethemed into the Inquisition.)

2) Characters get cool gear (No problem there either with RT. Heck, I'd love for you guys to get a battleship and your own battalion of Stormtroopers)

3) Adeptus Sororitas in the game (Just some minor porting of DH Sororitas characters to the RT system)

4) No questioning of Sororitas sexual preferences or practices (Hell, I can cite a canon source that Sororitas are, in fact, not celibate, so Koumei's wishes are totally kosher in this regard. And yes, I read a lot of 40K)

What kinds of characters do you guys wanna play BTW? I've seen the prelimenary list from the previous planned campaign- do you want to retain those characters and just port them over?

I will note that an Inquisition-themed game will most likely allow for all sorts of Imperial Agents to be part of the team (ala the Eisenhorn novels) - so you'd have one guy playing the Inquisitor, another playing a veteran AdMech Magos, maybe a master swordswoman from far-off Carthag, former Commissar-Generals, and the like.
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

I'd like to keep my ex-sex slave virgin Repentia. Shew really needs to be with a crew that will give her a reason to be Repenting.
Last edited by the_taken on Sun May 16, 2010 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Utterfail
Master

Post by Utterfail »

If we do RT, Astropath actually looks like it could be fun.
Failing since 1989

angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

Mister_Sinister wrote:I was kinda keen on something happening in regards to this here game, and if someone's willing to take on something similar, I'd like to be a part of it.
Well, my offer from the front page stands.
koz
Duke

Post by koz »

angelfromanotherpin wrote:
Mister_Sinister wrote:I was kinda keen on something happening in regards to this here game, and if someone's willing to take on something similar, I'd like to be a part of it.
Well, my offer from the front page stands.
I'll see what everyone else goes with, but if the winds blow toward DT or RT, there better be serious houserules, as both systems are... well, problematic.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

So... we have 3!

the_taken->

Are you sure you want Repentia though? Game-wise lack of armor tends to be very, very bad. There are many other sexily clad former sex slave options if you'd be willing to explore them.

Also, how can a sex slave be a virgin? :confused:

Mister_Sinister->

It will be fairly heavily house-ruled of course. Are there any specific concerns you'd like to be addressed so I can judge what house rules to use?
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

Zinegata wrote: Also, how can a sex slave be a virgin? :confused:
It's part of her back story.

If lacking armor is a problem, may I could have a... I dunno. I'm drawing a blank...

Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

the_taken wrote:If lacking armor is a problem, may I could have a... I dunno. I'm drawing a blank...
Refractor Field? Or some other form of personal shielding?
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Well, I'm game, I guess. I suppose my issues would be:
1. RT/DH is like... Black Adder 40K. Everyone practically needs a +20 (or more) bonus just to succeed on their actions even half the time. Now I think it claims somewhere you're meant to do that, like "It isn't raining? +10. It's not pitch black? +10." so why not cut the crap and just flat-out give +20 or so to all stats. Like, on top of making it high rank.

2. The equipment section is just there for people to beat off to, or as a sort of "Look at these things. You can't have them. Here's your lasgun." At the frigging level an Adepta Sororitas begins play, she should (by fluff) have a Bolter and suit of Power Armour. At the point where she's more or less a Canoness (and the game gives her... carapace armour (like an Imp Guard Veteran), a flamer which is shit, and a chainsword she can't necessarily use yet), she should have a Cloak of St. Aspira (so, Artificer Armour), Blessed Weapon, Great Quality Bolter with Holy Ammunition and an Inferno Pistol. And a Jump Pack or an Immolator vehicle.

Solution: plenty of stuff must be had

Those would be my main issues. If they want to make it a CoC-style investigator thing, they should seriously cut the rules for combat out, not include soldiers and Adepta Sororitas and assassins, make a more compelling investigation minigame and not fill half a book with guns. If they want shooty shooty kill kill, then seriously, people don't want to roleplay conscripts, Adepta Sororitas as shown on the wargame should be the baseline.

As for Repentia, something I suggested a player do before (and the DM okayed it) was take:

Refuge in Hatred [Talent]
Requires: one of the Rage/Frenzy things
Benefit: when unarmoured, your Protection Value on all locations increases by +1. If in a frenzy/rage thing, it instead increases by your WP modifier.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Zinegata
Prince

Post by Zinegata »

Yay, we have four!

Koumei->

RT actually partially mitigates the Black Adder problem by giving one character the ability to give a +10 bonus to any character doing any task as a free action every round. We could probably tweak this mechanic around a bit instead of simply giving everyone a flat bonus to make it more interesting.

Also, regardless if you're Inquisition or Rogue Traders, you have the resources to buy enough las rifles for a whole regiment. Easily. So a set of power armor and bolt guns ought to be fairly easy to acquire stuff (although ancient armors and guns may be harder to get due to rarity as opposed to lack of cash)

So, a couple of questions:

1) What is the best time to run? I live in Manila so my time zones can be a bit funky, but I have been able to reliably run games for Saturday evenings (EST). What time zones are you guys in and what are your preferred skeds/

2) Do you want to be team Rogue Trader, or Team Inquisition using Rogue Trader rules. In both cases, I strongly recommend one character be the Rogue Trader / Inquisitor.

I can then post up a campaign intro so we can do a quick adventure (or one-sector romp) so we can get everyone acclimated with the system.
Utterfail
Master

Post by Utterfail »

I'm in CST, but I keep a weird schedule. Saturday evenings would generally be workable for me. Sundays and Wednesdays are pretty much right out though. Any day (except sun and weds again) in the 10 am to 6 pm area would be fine, but I'm guessing most people don't want to game during those hours.
Failing since 1989

koz
Duke

Post by koz »

I'm at GMT+12. Naturally, this means that my scheduling might get in the way of everyone else's a bit, so I'm gonna see what happens with the times everyone else is good with.

As for me, as long as the system works and isn't daft, I'm fine with whatever.