Image macros that make you laugh, cry, or both.

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

The Adventurer's Almanac
Duke

Post by The Adventurer's Almanac »

Ancient History wrote:Latex and a gas mask
:drool:
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

I can certainly buy that Trump doesn't understand enough about medicine or chemistry to now know that his suggestion was stupid. I'd be fine with him having these thoughts/asking these questions if

1) he didn't do it on national television

2) he stopped lying about knowing more about every topic than every expert ever.
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

Given the amazing ineptitude/callousness of his handlers I'm perfectly fine with him choking on some of his own turbulence. I'm not happy about it but at this point I'd definitely take the wisdom of the pissed off crowds over leaving Trump alone with fucking Jared.
bears fall, everyone dies
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Having discovered that disinfectants are effective at killing the virus, it's not unreasonable to ask why we don't use the disinfectants as medicine to cure people who have contracted the virus. But normal people ask that question when they are in kindergarten. Asking that question in the middle of a press conference about plague response while being the president if the US is baffling.

But then he's also Trump, so he has to followup his childish question with a directive to the medical community to research the answer rather than wait for people to tell him the answer. And then once he learned that he embarrassed himself, he pretends he was being sarcastic. Which isn't any less juvenile than the original question, to be honest.

-Username17
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Last edited by RobbyPants on Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maj
Prince

Post by Maj »

FrankTrollman wrote:Having discovered that disinfectants are effective at killing the virus, it's not unreasonable to ask why we don't use the disinfectants as medicine to cure people who have contracted the virus. But normal people ask that question when they are in kindergarten. Asking that question in the middle of a press conference about plague response while being the president if the US is baffling.

But then he's also Trump, so he has to followup his childish question with a directive to the medical community to research the answer rather than wait for people to tell him the answer. And then once he learned that he embarrassed himself, he pretends he was being sarcastic. Which isn't any less juvenile than the original question, to be honest.

-Username17
This made me laugh uncontrollably hard for some reason. Goes great with my coffee. Thanks. :maj:
Last edited by Maj on Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My son makes me laugh. Maybe he'll make you laugh, too.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

It's a Cheese Shredder . .
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Iduno
Knight-Baron

Post by Iduno »

Ancient History wrote:Image
Decent-looking block grater, but those rubber parts at the bottom just get in the way when you're using them for a whole block of cheese.

I'd buy that one if I didn't already have a block grater.
Last edited by Iduno on Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

FrankTrollman wrote:Having discovered that disinfectants are effective at killing the virus, it's not unreasonable to ask why we don't use the disinfectants as medicine to cure people who have contracted the virus. But normal people ask that question when they are in kindergarten. Asking that question in the middle of a press conference about plague response while being the president if the US is baffling.

-Username17
I mean, hell, like two weeks ago, while browsing Wish, I thought "wait, doesn't UV light kill microbes? Could I just buy a UV lamp, put it over the door, and disinfect anyone/thing that enters my apartment?"

So I googled it. And found, within five minutes, on the fucking toilet, that "in theory, yes, but the intensity of UV light you need for that will fucking kill people."

Like... the problem is not Trump having a weird idea, the problem is him announcing it in the middle of a press announcement, having just thought of the idea, with no actual intellectual curiosity to even google whether that idea works. Fuck, he's the classic dumbass executive who just shouts out random thoughts and tells people to "make that happen."
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

Iduno
Knight-Baron

Post by Iduno »

[/spoiler]
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

Excuse me, moe bigger than expected.
Last edited by Stahlseele on Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:
TFwiki wrote:Soon is the name of the region in the time-domain (familiar to all marketing departments, and to the moderators and staff of Fun Publications) which sees release of all BotCon news, club exclusives, and other fan desirables. Soon is when then will become now.

Peculiar properties of spacetime ensure that the perception of the magnitude of Soon is fluid and dependent, not on an individual's time-reference, but on spatial and cultural location. A marketer generally perceives Soon as a finite, known, yet unspeakable time-interval; to a fan, the interval appears greater, and may in fact approach the infinite, becoming Never. Once the interval has passed, however, a certain time-lensing effect seems to occur, and the time-interval becomes vanishingly small. We therefore see the strange result that the same fragment of spacetime may be observed, in quick succession, as Soon, Never, and All Too Quickly.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

NSF...something.
Stahlseele
King

Post by Stahlseele »

i know who that figure is supposed to be <.<
Welcome, to IronHell.
Shrapnel wrote:

OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Super Sonico a mascot for... headphones I think

---

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Shiritai
Knight-Baron

Post by Shiritai »

Ancient History wrote:.
That show is a treasure.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

This kind of thing isn't exactly my fetish, and really it's barely even in the same neighborhood, but I still respect the quality of the craft here. The appearance of the dommes vs. the subs is kind of repetitive, but there are several distinct figures in a situation that doesn't fall cleanly into any of the really tired cliches. Like, it's not just a guy tied up while a woman cracks a whip nearby, kind of thing. I don't personally get off on this specific picture, but if this general level of creativity and craft catches on, it'll eventually reach my kinks. I salute you, nanshakh.com, shine on.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

The lack of representation is pretty telling, but I always find it hilarious how rightwing people fetishize female empowerment.