Is a feat to add an extra ability to all monk styles fair?

The homebrew forum

Moderator: Moderators

maddd0g
1st Level

Is a feat to add an extra ability to all monk styles fair?

Post by maddd0g »

So instead of me getting 2 abilities per monk style, I get 3?
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

well, one question to ask yourself is "is this something every monk would take." I think they pretty much would, which means it's suspect at least.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
ubernoob
Duke

Post by ubernoob »

Not at all. Just no.
Agrinja
1st Level

Post by Agrinja »

Why not do a small set of feats that make a certain kind of monk -that- much more of that kind of monk? Say you've got a shaven headed fellow who favors styles like Stance of the Diamond Turtle, you could have a feat that enhances styles that boost defensive traits. Or saves. Or hurting people, and perhaps in turn take away it's opposite a little. That way, not everybody wants one, but some might feel that a style being even less attack driven in exchange for an even more defensive playtype is indeed worthwhile and what they want their character to be.
And lightning split the sky like a mile tall electrostatic spark, booming like thousands of cubic feet of air undergoing thermal expansion.

I could form a lucid, logical, and wise argument to refute your statement, but instead I'm going to take the moral low-ground and call your mother a whore.