Paizo Is Hiring A Game Developer

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Ganbare Gincun
Duke

Paizo Is Hiring A Game Developer

Post by Ganbare Gincun »

And I'm sure everyone here is jumping at the chance to apply!. Roy, now's your chance to live the dream and rub shoulders with Paizo's finest! :lol:
RobbyPants
King

Post by RobbyPants »

I'm sure they'll screen all Denners out in their hiring process.
the_taken
Knight-Baron

Post by the_taken »

Only one way to know for sure. Science! (Apply and hope for the best.)
I had a signature here once but I've since lost it.

My current project: http://tgdmb.com/viewtopic.php?t=56456
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

I guarantee someone, somewhere from Paizo, is skimming this forum every once in a while, just to keep up to date what's being written about them.
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
K
King

Post by K »

I looked over the job description. It's basically a gruntwork editing job with no design opportunities..... basically a "we need a job for my girlfriend who is otherwise unemployable" job. They won't even list the assumed wages.

So if you are willing to edit for 80 hours a week for low wages and not get to create anything, then apply. You also get a chance to sit in their office.

You will get a title..... that and $4 will get you a coffee at Starbucks.
hogarth
Prince

Post by hogarth »

K wrote:I looked over the job description. It's basically a gruntwork editing job with no design opportunities..... basically a "we need a job for my girlfriend who is otherwise unemployable" job. They won't even list the assumed wages.
Yes, from what James Jacobs has said in the past, "developer" means something like "module (sub-)editor".
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

The only "creation" work they want out of you is drawing maps. So yeah, your mission is to edit adventure modules full time for low pay. But you get to be called a "developer".

-Username17
MfA
Knight-Baron

Post by MfA »

You could always be subversive ... if editors can get away with butchering classes so they end up looking like the Invisible Blade they should be able to get away with turning bad content into good. Of course, still for low pay.
Roy
Prince

Re: Paizo Is Hiring A Game Developer

Post by Roy »

Ganbare Gincun wrote:And I'm sure everyone here is jumping at the chance to apply!. Roy, now's your chance to live the dream and rub shoulders with Paizo's finest! :lol:
If I applied, all the Paizils would run in fear from my name. Which would be funny and all, but then they wouldn't be around to continue amusing me.

And there's a couple of Paizils who lurk the Den just to see what I'm saying about them. Hi Paizils.
Draco_Argentum wrote:
Mister_Sinister wrote:Clearly, your cock is part of the big barrel the server's busy sucking on.
Can someone tell it to stop using its teeth please?
Juton wrote:Damn, I thought [Pathfailure] accidentally created a feat worth taking, my mistake.
Koumei wrote:Shad, please just punch yourself in the face until you are too dizzy to type. I would greatly appreciate that.
Kaelik wrote:No, bad liar. Stop lying.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type I - doing exactly the opposite of what they said they would do.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type II - change for the sake of change.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type III - the illusion of change.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

"Hmm, I have a problem with this map you drew. It's just... well I'll put it bluntly, the castle looks like a penis."
"Does it? Wow, I totally didn't consider that."
"And the mountains here sort of look like an open mouth, surrounding the knob of said penis. I can't help but notice that you called the mountain range 'Mount Paizil'."
"Are you implying anything?"
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

Koumei wrote:"Hmm, I have a problem with this map you drew. It's just... well I'll put it bluntly, the castle looks like a penis."
"Does it? Wow, I totally didn't consider that."
"And the mountains here sort of look like an open mouth, surrounding the knob of said penis. I can't help but notice that you called the mountain range 'Mount Paizil'."
"Are you implying anything?"
:mrgreen:
Draco_Argentum wrote:
Mister_Sinister wrote:Clearly, your cock is part of the big barrel the server's busy sucking on.
Juton wrote:Damn, I thought [Pathfailure] accidentally created a feat worth taking, my mistake.
Koumei wrote:Shad, please just punch yourself in the face until you are too dizzy to type. I would greatly appreciate that.
Standard Paizil Fare/Fail (SPF) Type I - doing exactly the opposite of what they said they would do.
houstonderek
NPC

Post by houstonderek »

K wrote:I looked over the job description. It's basically a gruntwork editing job with no design opportunities..... basically a "we need a job for my girlfriend who is otherwise unemployable" job. They won't even list the assumed wages.

So if you are willing to edit for 80 hours a week for low wages and not get to create anything, then apply. You also get a chance to sit in their office.

You will get a title..... that and $4 will get you a coffee at Starbucks.
Calling what they serve at Starbucks "coffee" is like calling Pathfinder "fixed 3.5".
Kaiyanwang
NPC

Post by Kaiyanwang »

Roy wrote:
Ganbare Gincun wrote:And I'm sure everyone here is jumping at the chance to apply!. Roy, now's your chance to live the dream and rub shoulders with Paizo's finest! :lol:
If I applied, all the Paizils would run in fear from my name. Which would be funny and all, but then they wouldn't be around to continue amusing me.

And there's a couple of Paizils who lurk the Den just to see what I'm saying about them. Hi Paizils.
Hi Roy!

Did you managed to do something for that little Multiple Personality Disorder?

And... no. I lurk the Den because

1) Even if I don't agree on most things with people here, I consider their opinion interesting.

2) Coprolalia is fun.

3) Your off topic forum is actually very interesting (I'm serious - I found few american politics topic interesting in particular, sadly because of few analogies with the mess in my country and how conservative people reason).
Last edited by Kaiyanwang on Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

Kaiyanwang wrote:
Roy wrote:

Hi Roy!

Hi Paizil.

What the fuck are you blabbering about this time?
Draco_Argentum wrote:
Saxony
Master

Post by Saxony »

Kaiyanwang wrote:
Roy wrote:

Hi Roy!

Unacceptable. Ignored.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Roy wrote: What the fuck are you blabbering about this time?
I think it's their belief over there that you're constantly posting under a SockPuppet.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

Koumei wrote:
Roy wrote: What the fuck are you blabbering about this time?
I think it's their belief over there that you're constantly posting under a SockPuppet.
And by sock puppet, they mean anyone who sounds like me right?

Because I've had other people who are most definitely not me get called one of my sock puppets, simply because they sounded remotely similar.

If you go over there right now and start bashing Monks and other fail tier classes as a waste of space, you'll be me too.

K is over there. 50 bucks says he's been called a Roy sockpuppet at least once.

Because as we all know, if your views are even remotely similar to a person, you must then therefore be that person.

Which means if the CO boards ever invaded them, there would be over 9,000 mes running around, in the eyes of the dumbfucks.
Draco_Argentum wrote:
Saxony
Master

Post by Saxony »

Roy, you make me lol some times.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

He tells it like it is.
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:25 pm
Nobody gives a flying fuck about Tordek and Regdar.
Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

Saxony wrote:Roy, you make me lol some times.
In what way?
Draco_Argentum wrote:
K
King

Post by K »

Roy wrote:=

Because as we all know, if your views are even remotely similar to a person, you must then therefore be that person.

\.
Yeh. I've been accused of being Roy.

Usually it's by people with the grossest avatar pictures. What's up with that? Are they just trying to troll so hard they want to offend you with their avatar picture too?
Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

K wrote:
Roy wrote:=

\.
Yeh. I've been accused of being Roy.

Usually it's by people with the grossest avatar pictures. What's up with that? Are they just trying to troll so hard they want to offend you with their avatar picture too?
100 says at least 3 of the following people are involved: Gorbacz, Auxretard, ciretose, Abraham spalding, that guy who made the 14 prime stat thread and of course this wang guy who showed up for no reason other to insinuate that I am crazy. Which I am, but not in the manner he described.
Draco_Argentum wrote:
virgil
King

Post by virgil »

It does seem like they accuse people of being sock puppets on a somewhat regular basis. I remember being accused of being Frank at least once.
Come see Sprockets & Serials
How do you confuse a barbarian?
Put a greatsword a maul and a greataxe in a room and ask them to take their pick
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

I should apply. I write shitty game mechanics all the time for free!
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
Roy
Prince

Post by Roy »

virgil wrote:It does seem like they accuse people of being sock puppets on a somewhat regular basis. I remember being accused of being Frank at least once.
Well, it's like I said. They're so wound up about me, that the slightest indication I'm there sets them off. Regardless of if I actually am or not. Especially if I am clearly not.

The sad thing is is that when I said it I was being partially facetious. I didn't expect them to actually be this pathetic. Then again, they are Paizils. Failure is literally a part of their name.
Draco_Argentum wrote: