Pathfinder Is Still Bad

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Dogbert
Duke

Re: Pathfinder Is Still Bad

Post by Dogbert »

Is anyone surprised in the least that the elevated nerds would grow into the most despicable people as soon as they got power, perpetuating the cycle of abuse?
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Well, in fantasy terms, they are like Wizards; inconsequential at low levels, weak in ability, virtually nobodies, forced to cooperate (good or neutral alignment) with others until...

... Grand High Archmage RPG Writer Wizard turns evil, because, well, they CAN.

Not all nerds become evil once they reach powerful positions and thankfully the good ones outnumber the bad, but those evil nerds give a bad reputation for everyone that resembles them.

Hence, "a wizard did it" becomes "a nerd did it".
The Adventurer's Almanac
Duke

Post by The Adventurer's Almanac »

This is why 90% of Wizard players are assholes.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I think in Buhlman's case it's mostly a matter of "did not adequately learn social cues and socialization at low level"
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Dogbert
Duke

Post by Dogbert »

Prak wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:52 pm
I think in Buhlman's case it's mostly a matter of "did not adequately learn social cues and socialization at low level"
Power does not corrupt, it only reveals character.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I didn't say it was corruption, I'm saying that being a CEO (or whatever his title is) simply put him in a position for his poor social skills to be more disastrous and visible.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

While working on a villain for a game, and trying to decide if there's actually a weapon that can be emulated by the emulate weapon soulknife blade skill that's better than "be a soulknife who can wield, and thus form, over-sized weapons" I found this-
Waveblade wrote: Also known as a “scorpion’s tail” due to its unique, stinger-like shape, this short, double-curved blade has no hilt but features a knuckle guard.
Trying to figure out what the fuck that looks like brought me the official image-

I am convinced that the writers for Pathfinder do not understand weapon terminology, and their artists do not understand weapon design. Especially when it seems to draw inspiration from the Indian bichuwa, which makes way fucking more sense-