Everyman Hero

The homebrew forum

Moderator: Moderators

hyzmarca
Prince

Everyman Hero

Post by hyzmarca »

Okay, it's horrible, it sucks, and it's terribly unbalanced, I know.

Ancient legends tell that in the time of darkness the Gods will send a champion, an invincible hero of light from another world to save the world. When the shadow of evil fell across the land the people prayed for their promised savior. They got you, instead.

Requirements
Special: Must be a human from modern Earth.

Class Skills
Knowledge (Engineering), Climb, Use Rope, Listen, Bluff, Diplomacy, Craft, Profession

Level 1: Alright you Primitive Screwheads, This is my Boomstick
Level 2: I Saw This On Macguyver
Level 3: Groovy, Klattu Barada Nnn...
Level 4: I Remember This Episode!
Level 5: Hail to the King, Hero from Another World

Class Abilities

Alright you Primitive Screwheads(EX): The Everyman Hero is able to awe the locals with the wonders of modern technology. He adds half level (round up) to all Bluff, Intimidate, and Diplomacy checks. Twice per day the Everyman Hero may compel everyone within earshot to stop and listen to him make a speech.

This is my Boomstick (Ex): At first level the Everyman Hero gains a firearm or other modern weapon. This is his Boomstick. It has an enhancement bonus equal to 1/3 his character level. The Everyman Hero cannot lose his Boomstick unless there is an equivalent replacement readily available and it never runs out of ammunition.

I Saw This On Macguyver (Ex): At second level the Everyman Hero may apply his Craft Skill to any roll if he has at least five minutes prep time. To use this ability he must declare that he is macguyvering a device and what the intended function of that device is. The DC for successfully completing the device is the DC for the challenge that he wishes to overcome. If he macguyvers a device designed to defeat a specific ability, feat, or spell that has a saving throw, it provides a bonus equal to his craft skill to his next save against that ability.

Groovy (Ex): The Everyman hero can apply his scientific knowledge on a wider scale. He may design medieval versions of any modern item including, but not limited to, prosthetic hands and Death Coasters.

Klatuu, Barada Nnnn... (Su) Destiny favors the Everyman Hero. Twice per Day he may reroll any failure or negate an successful attack against him.

I Remember this Episode! (Ex): The Everyman Hero has outside knowledge about the gameworld. Perhaps he's read the book it is based on or seen the movie. Once per day he may ask a single question about the game world, the current adventure, or any NPC. The DM must answer honestly.

Hail to the King: The People love and trust the Everyman Hero. He gains the benefits of the Leadership Feat and adds half his level (round up) to all diplomacy checks. (This Bonus stacks with Alright Your Primitive Screwheads).

Hero From Another World: The Everyman Hero's Type changes to Outsider and he gains the Native Subtype
Chamomile
Prince

Post by Chamomile »

I Remember this Episode! (Ex): The Everyman Hero has outside knowledge about the gameworld. Perhaps he's read the book it is based on or seen the movie. Once per day he may ask a single question about the game world, the current adventure, or any NPC. The DM must answer honestly.
"What is the most efficient way to resolve all problems currently facing the party?"
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

Chamomile wrote:
"What is the most efficient way to resolve all problems currently facing the party?"
"Gimme five bucks and the bad guy explodes. Five more and you get to cross out the number on your "Wealth" box and write in "lots""
Dogbert
Duke

Re: Everyman Hero

Post by Dogbert »

Shouldn't "Klaatu Verada Necktie" be a weakness instead?

Ash frees the Army of Darkness because the idiot can't be bothered to pay attention to critical information (and then releases the Deadites in the tv series because he got high and wanted to impress a one night stand).

Also, I'd add another feature:

"Meet the Metal of Man!" Something that allowed for any hackneyed combination of arcane and tech items that shouldn't be logically possible, like a minigun of magic wands or shooting a vorpal weapon from a tank.