Funhavers [Dom3][Dominions Enhanced]-Game Started

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

The game is now up on llamaserver here. Map is currently set to realm of rampaging roachs, which I don't have a download link to at this time. Game name is Funhavers.
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

The map is no longer available for download anywhere.

You'll need to find another map.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Winnah wrote:The map is no longer available for download anywhere.

You'll need to find another map.
I have already taken steps to contact the map maker and since he is still active in the community he will probably get a working download up. If he is as responsive as usual, there will not be a problem.

If you want me to look for another map I need your final nation preference. I spent 2 hours today looking for maps that fit my criteria (wrap, works for both 6 land nations and 5 land nations and 1 water nation, something that I can tolerate for a month or two) and this is the only one.
fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

Winnah in another thread wrote: If you're confident you can get the map file, then all is good.

I have no preference for a map, so long as it contains at least one water province.

I have elected to play Atlantis, as I have not played them in MP before.

Pangaea's all sacred line-up looks good, but I can't settle on a pretender for them.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Thanks, fbmf.

Everyone Else: We had a last minute sign up, so the map is changing. I want your input, the choices are Land of Ethereal Squirrels, The Desert Eye, or Streamlands. The two that are not default maps can be found here. The downside to Ethereal Squirrels and Desert Eye is they are both larger maps, the downside to Streamlands is that it has only 10 water provinces so expect atlantis to make landfall.
Last edited by Akula on Thu May 31, 2012 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Akula wrote:Thanks, fbmf.

Everyone Else: We had a last minute sign up, so the map is changing. I want your input, the choices are Land of Ethereal Squirrels, The Desert Eye, or Streamlands. The two that are not default maps can be found here. The downside to Ethereal Squirrels and Desert Eye is they are both larger maps, the downside to Streamlands is that it has only 10 water provinces so expect atlantis to make landfall.
Thats an advantage!
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

Thanks for putting my post in the correct thread.

I have no issues with a limited number of water provinces, other than the fact I'll have limitations regards recruiting mages on land. Use whatever map you like.
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

only just noticed the new game was up.

Need Machaka and Ulm
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Game has started and I didn't see any cheating messages so we look to be good to go.

Good luck all.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Ulmmart is happy to announce our Grand Opening, as the premier makers of chitzy plastic crap Quality Affordable products we want to make the exciting bargains that the people of Ulm have long enjoyed available to you! Once doors officially open in a few months we will be able to make any construction 0 item. Don't forget to ask about our exciting pricing plans!

-Cimmeru, Ulm Public Relations
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

Atlantis claims the seas.

If you have a problem with that...well...you can go fuck yourself. Mine. All mine.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

I keep getting Unequaled Obesity on the super units I sacrificed mage recruitment for. I've lost one already, and may lose more if I keep using them to expand now that they aren't fatigue-neutral. This is pretty lame. My current theory is that there's a secret EA-era cache full of tubs of Hinnom Ranch Dressing the holy warriors have broken into.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

I delayed hosting in the hopes of preventing machaka from staling.

In the future I would appreciate a post with a specific delay interval requested so that I can do that. Even if you don't have time for a 10 minute turn, I still expect a 1 minute post.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

1 minute posts I can do.

I have limited access to the Dom3 computer and am dealing with the end of the quarter. I had a 10 page paper due at 2:00 today and finished it at 1:58.

Go ahead and let me stale, or find a substitute player. If I stale, I'll get back to the game when finals are over and see if I can salvage my situation. I'm not even sure I can afford to play on the weekend, since I've got a lot of map studying to do if I have 2 different finals on Monday.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Well, you staled because I only extended the timer 6 hours because I didn't know how much time you needed. I'm still unclear how much time you might need for this upcoming turn or if it is even possible for you to play it.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Avoraciopoctules wrote:1 minute posts I can do.

I have limited access to the Dom3 computer and am dealing with the end of the quarter. I had a 10 page paper due at 2:00 today and finished it at 1:58.

Go ahead and let me stale, or find a substitute player. If I stale, I'll get back to the game when finals are over and see if I can salvage my situation. I'm not even sure I can afford to play on the weekend, since I've got a lot of map studying to do if I have 2 different finals on Monday.
I need a specific delay I can give that will let you play your turns, or if such a delay is impossible I need to know that so I can pause the timer and look for a sub.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

I delayed hosting because my dom3 computer has a hardware issue, which will with any luck be resolved this afternoon. Sorry for the inconvenience all.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Okay, finals are over, and after a brief trip out of town, I should have the time and opportunity to take turns more regularly. As of Tuesday afternoon, I will commit to stop staling every other turn.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

If another nation can capture Ulm's capital, Machaka will award them 25 earth gems. Machaka is now at war with Ulm, by the way.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Hey guys, I'm a bit busy at the moment so I extended the turn sorry for the delay.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Well shit, I staled that turn and have no one to blame but myself. Unfortunately, this was an absolutely critical turn for me and I suspect that my position is damaged beyond repair. I'd ask for a rollback, but I don't know if it would work across two forums.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Did not see the turn yet, but had an critical battle this turn.
So I would be either heavely for or against it... So for fairness sake I'm against it. Even if I did lose.
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

I sent some diplomatic overtures out in-game. They should be showing up this turn.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Akula are you submitting your turn? Or at least extending the deadline?
Two stalls in a row would not be good. (and I would be against an rollback again)
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Oh yeah. Guess who just de-geared Ulm's immortal SC? And this is with the very units he hold me to stop building because they were supposedly useless.

EDIT:
Also, this is turn 28. Man and Marignon should both have each received 10 gems in exchange for 6 turns of mutual nonaggression.
Last edited by Avoraciopoctules on Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.