Funhavers [Dom3][Dominions Enhanced]-Game Started

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Akula
Knight-Baron

Funhavers [Dom3][Dominions Enhanced]-Game Started

Post by Akula »

Hi everyone,

This is a signup thread for a game using the Dominions Enhanced mod v0.13 in the MA, the mod makes a lot of changes and is in a very early alpha. However, many of the nations now have more unique mechanics and weaker nations have become stronger overall.

I am looking for around 8 players. Nations will be chosen on a first come, first served basis. We have 7 players.

A partial changelog with better formatting is here. The full changelog is here, the mod itself is here. This is not a balance mod and it changes every facet of the game in fairly significant ways, thus I don't expect you to know what you are doing. I certainly don't. This is intended to be a lighthearted and fun game in a unique mod environment, not the most competitive or serious dominions 3 game ever.

With that said, if you just want to complain about the mod stay out of the thread. I'll do the whole thread title thing if it really becomes an issue.

1) Ulm-Akula
2) Machaka-Avoraciopoctules
3) Abbysia-Korwin
4) Man-ismellcolours
5) Agartha-HoleyDooley
6) Atlantis-Winnah
7) Marignon-ASquared
Last edited by Akula on Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:20 am, edited 8 times in total.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Post by Avoraciopoctules »

I absolutely want to play in this. I was just chattering with a friend about the mage evolution in Man, but I'm not sure what nation to play yet.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Great, you're on the list now.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

I've narrowed it down to either Agartha or Machaka. The siren song of Hunter Lord thugs is pretty strong, but Agartha has nice statue-making stuff, some of which is free.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Okay, with all the cool new fire rituals, I'm gonna have to go for Machaka. Hunter Lord adventures await.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

You're in as Machaka.

Oh, and for those wondering I plan to start this game no earlier than Friday the 25th of may.
Last edited by Akula on Mon May 21, 2012 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Write me down for MA Abysia.
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

You're in as Abby. Welcome aboard.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Cool. Isn't it a little jarring to think we might all start squabbling over Fire gem income in this game?
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Well, we don't have Zmeys unfortunately, but yeah fire gems are more of a thing.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Avoraciopoctules wrote:Cool. Isn't it a little jarring to think we might all start squabbling over Fire gem income in this game?
Thats a given with AwesomeEndgame or EndgameDiversity.

Just noticed no Zmey's are in, instead we get Desert Dragons.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Fire element soul slay. Think about that for a bit. Also, fire brands no longer require earth. There's a fire-element staff that boosts all sorcery.

I just tested Machaka's crafting ability and sacreds, and it is pretty nuts. I might end up deploying a hunter lord every turn for the first half year, then bring in my admittedly nice mages just to research and make stuff for the thugs.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

Should I post an link to this thread on awful?
Red_Rob wrote: I mean, I'm pretty sure the Mayans had a prophecy about what would happen if Frank and PL ever agreed on something. PL will argue with Frank that the sky is blue or grass is green, so when they both separately piss on your idea that is definitely something to think about.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

Fine by me. Once this week's exams were over with, I was going to post on dom3mods. But if we all get drowned in an endless tide of bandits by Flavahbeast, nobody gets to say its my fault.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Korwin wrote:Should I post an link to this thread on awful?
Yeah go ahead, I'm going to make a sister thread on Dom3mods today too.
Korwin
Duke

Post by Korwin »

ismellcolours,May 24 2012, 04:09 PM wrote:I'd like to give it a go as Man. Daughters evolving into Mothers and Crones over time sounds interesting.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

I got then on dom3mods. Thanks for the heads up Korwin.
TheDemon
NPC

Post by TheDemon »

Thanks for trying out this mod, despite its incompleteness. As you noted, internal mod balance is still very iffy, but there is work being done. As-is, I think Machaka is probably still the worst offender in 0.13, but have been toned down enough that they're no worse than vanilla Ashdod (for example). I look forward to hearing how your game progresses.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

I'm really looking forward to trying this in multiplayer. I love how you've gotten rid of so many trap options and made factions more distinct.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

TheDemon wrote:Thanks for trying out this mod, despite its incompleteness. As you noted, internal mod balance is still very iffy, but there is work being done. As-is, I think Machaka is probably still the worst offender in 0.13, but have been toned down enough that they're no worse than vanilla Ashdod (for example). I look forward to hearing how your game progresses.
Thanks for making this mod, while it might not be balanced, it is pretty damn cool to play even now. I'm looking forward to trying the item changes, hopefully this game gives at least a few decent pieces of test data.

Also, for everyone playing we got another dom3mods player signed up bringing us to 5. I've updated the op accordingly.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Now that we have at least enough players to know the game is on it is time to talk settings I guess. I favor leaving most of the game settings default, with the definite exception of the Hall of Fame (15) and Renaming (on), and with the possible exceptions of indy settings and magic frequency. I wouldn't be opposed to a slightly higher magic frequency, say 50 (instead of the default 40). I will not be put out if people disagree with that though.
Avoraciopoctules
Overlord

I favor increased magic site frequency.
Winnah
Duke

Post by Winnah »

If you are still looking for another player, I'll try Pangaea or Atlantis.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Winnah wrote:If you are still looking for another player, I'll try Pangaea or Atlantis.
We definitely still are, I'll sign you up.
Akula
Knight-Baron

Post by Akula »

Winnah: I need your final nation selection so I can look for a map; if I don't get it by around this time tomorrow I'll just grab a map that I hope will work.

The game is filling slowly and six players is pretty good, so I'm going to get it up on llamaserver tomorrow as a heads up to everyone.