Help! Need a co-DM for our Tome game!

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Thistledown
NPC

Help! Need a co-DM for our Tome game!

Post by Thistledown »

Hello TGD!

So over on mythweavers, one of our other illustrious forumites, Dominicius, is running us a couple of Tome games.

However, due to his RL situation he has had to put one of them on hold, and he requires a co-DM who can help him with the partoiculars if he is to pick it back up.

Seeing as how I REALLY don't want this game to go to the land of lonely and abandoned PbPs, I offered to help him with the workload of posting for applicants for a Co-DM.

...seeing as how this is the original home base of the Tomes, and one of the requirements would be a DM who can understand Tome and Dom's own house rules, I thought I would start here in looking for interest.

Essentially we need a proven DM, who understands the Tome system, and has an interest in helping tell the story of a world in which monsters are the people, dragons are the overlords, and humans are the long extinct/vanished boogeymen of ancient history.

Any takers? :mrgreen:
Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

What's the format?
Chamomile wrote:Grek is a national treasure.
Dominicius
Knight

Post by Dominicius »

Hmm, well this is pretty surprising. But I guess I should handle this myself.

Anyway, the format is phb. Characters are at level ten. Ideally I need a DM to handle enemy creation, npc dialogue and map search. I will handle combat, the overall conspiracy and any questions the players might have regarding their characters.

There are a few personal houserules but not that many, so as long as you are familiar with tome you will fit in quickly.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Dominicius wrote:Anyway, the format is phb. Characters are at level ten. Ideally I need a DM to handle enemy creation, npc dialogue and map search. I will handle combat, the overall conspiracy and any questions the players might have regarding their characters.
Damn it, I was hoping you needed someone to handle combat, not enemy creation.

But I'll give it a go. Send me some info on the circumstances/enemy criteria, and I'll make some stuff.

Not sure what you mean by map search, and I would be trash at npc dialogue, so continue recruiting.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Dominicius
Knight

Post by Dominicius »

Well looking for maps means exactly that, making or finding maps to use in the adventure, since running combat without maps would be hard. Though if you want I can pass the combat onto you and take on NPC interaction if you agree to the map finding.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

I was only offering to do the parts that I would enjoy. So I'm willing to make encounters and run combat, but I'm not going to search for or make maps, because that is something I would not enjoy, and it would be like work.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.