League Of Losers

Discussions and debates about video games

Moderator: Moderators

fbmf
The Great Fence Builder

Post by fbmf »

I wonder if this will fix the page 35 error?

Game On,
fbmf
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Post by Pseudo Stupidity »

So cloud 9 didn't make it past quarterfinals. :(
sandmann wrote:
Zak S wrote:I'm not a dick, I'm really nice.
Zak S wrote:(...) once you have decided that you will spend any part of your life trolling on the internet, you forfeit all rights as a human.If you should get hit by a car--no-one should help you. If you vote on anything--your vote should be thrown away.

If you wanted to participate in a conversation, you've lost that right. You are a non-human now. You are over and cancelled. No concern of yours can ever matter to any member of the human race ever again.
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

New Sion is out and after playing a few matches with him I feel like he's too slow. Save for his E everything about him seems to take too much time to get the maximum benefit out of and I don't think that's good since he's supposed to be a frontline fighter. I may just need more time but honestly I got better returns for my patience playing an AP sion than this new (admittedly cool) juggernaut sion.
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.
rampaging-poet
Knight

Post by rampaging-poet »

I haven't actually played him yet, but it seems like he's better at punishing people for ignoring him than anything else. A properly placed Q forces opponents to choose between continuing to attack or getting out of the way. W theoretically forces people to attack him or take a bunch of damage like a Tome knight, though I don't know how it works in practice. His passive is similar - it buys his team a little more time to reposition or fall back because your carries can't just charge past him the instant he dies.

I don't know how he plays, but his huge telegraphed attacks are fun to fight against because even dodging them has a cost.
DSMatticus wrote:I sort my leisure activities into a neat and manageable categorized hierarchy, then ignore it and dick around on the internet.
My deviantArt account, in case anyone cares.
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

That's what I got from the videos. However his q is canceled by silence, stuns, pushes, etc. So if a champ (like Garen) has an answer for it the trade off won't be as harsh. In the matches I played all the normal champs I see top just out traded me. Garen, Riv, Ryze, etc. and there wasn't much I could do in response. I will say that during teamfights I got a lot more traction out of using him. Even my passive was a lot more useful during teamfights. I feel like there are too many regular tops that could either trade better than me at little cost or just danced around my only real punishers (Q and E). Mirror matches have been considerably easier to deal with.
rampaging-poet
Knight

Post by rampaging-poet »

Ok, that makes sense. I know how frustrating fighting people that consistently out-trade or dodge you can be. I only really saw him in teamfights and ganks, so I didn't know how his laning was. In that case he might fare better as a jungler because creeps don't dodge.
DSMatticus wrote:I sort my leisure activities into a neat and manageable categorized hierarchy, then ignore it and dick around on the internet.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

No top lane tank is a good duelist early game except for Shen, and even Shen is just OK at it. Tanks are way too good in teamfights to be good duelists early, there needs to be a tradeoff somewhere. Imagine if Mundo wasn't a garbage laner, there'd be no reason to pick anyone else. New Sion's ult looks great for starting fights given his kit.

Speaking of Mundo (flawless transition): A friend got me a mystery gift and it was corporate Mundo so I picked him up. He just doesn't die once he hits 2 items and his damage is absurd. A 100+ AD steroid would be broken on any other champ, but not Mundo.

I have now played games with Kaelik and would be totally down to do a Den league team if we could all figure out a time to play. CokBrl is a legitimate tag I would like to take.
sandmann wrote:
Zak S wrote:(...) once you have decided that you will spend any part of your life trolling on the internet, you forfeit all rights as a human.If you should get hit by a car--no-one should help you. If you vote on anything--your vote should be thrown away.

If you wanted to participate in a conversation, you've lost that right. You are a non-human now. You are over and cancelled. No concern of yours can ever matter to any member of the human race ever again.
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

Pseudo Stupidity wrote:No top lane tank is a good duelist early game except for Shen, and even Shen is just OK at it. Tanks are way too good in teamfights to be good duelists early, there needs to be a tradeoff somewhere. Imagine if Mundo wasn't a garbage laner, there'd be no reason to pick anyone else. New Sion's ult looks great for starting fights given his kit.

Speaking of Mundo (flawless transition): A friend got me a mystery gift and it was corporate Mundo so I picked him up. He just doesn't die once he hits 2 items and his damage is absurd. A 100+ AD steroid would be broken on any other champ, but not Mundo.

I have now played games with Kaelik and would be totally down to do a Den league team if we could all figure out a time to play. CokBrl is a legitimate tag I would like to take.
I actually have no trouble in lanes with mundo. I started using Mundo for the exact same reason (gifted corporate mundo so I can make corporate jokes). He's not great duelist but because of his hp regen I can afford to sit back and poke with my Q no worries 'til I get to 6. Feel free to add me on League. "MGuy".
Last edited by MGuy on Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

MGuy wrote:I actually have no trouble in lanes with mundo. I started using Mundo for the exact same reason (gifted corporate mundo so I can make corporate jokes). He's not great duelist but because of his hp regen I can afford to sit back and poke with my Q no worries 'til I get to 6. Feel free to add me on League. "MGuy".
Corporate Mundo is the best Mundo skin, followed by Mundo Mundo (just for the splash art).

Mundo can farm with Q, but he's going to be behind in CS against any competent metagame top laner. Mundo can't trade with people, he just has to cleaver. His trading pre-6 soaks up too much of his health, and .3% additional max hp per second is peanuts. I run hp regen on mundo and I'll only have 21hp/5 (I think?) at level 1 with a Doran's shield. It's hardly enough to keep myself throwing cleavers on CD.

Once you hit 6 you just take shitty trades and sustain with your ult, but pre-6 Mundo is one of the worst duelists in the game. Low damage, no way to prevent enemy damage, and his abilities have decently high health costs.

I think I have you on League. When does everyone generally play?
sandmann wrote:

MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

I play whenever the mood strikes me. Mostly at night though. So for me somewhere in the 6PM to Midnight Eastern time range.
rampaging-poet
Knight

Post by rampaging-poet »

I mostly play in the evening Pacific Time, but sometimes on weekend afternoons (1:00pm -3:00pm ish). I am also really still learning and haven't played enough ranked games to be assigned to a league yet. Thinking of jumping into blind pick games and calling fill to practice all rolls now that I have enough rune pages to have something vaguely appropriate for most of my champions.

EDIT: Is the chat room (The Gaming Den) still working? I'd heard something about disabling public chat around the time I stopped occasionally seeing Kaelik on the list, but it might just be time zone issues.
EDIT2: It's definitely just time zone issues. I successfully received a message in the chat room last night, though the sender left before I saw it.
Last edited by rampaging-poet on Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

I'm pretty sporadic, but when I am on it's usually around 2-6pm pacific.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik wrote:I invented saying mean things about Tussock.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

So Worlds...
Korea's two teams are clearly the two best teams in the world, with everyone else vying for third.

Holy shit turret dives and fast games in the finals. Samsung White was flawless and made Royal Club, Insec in particular, look bad. They get deep wards early on and then counter everything.
sandmann wrote:

...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

Dandy's rengar is simply amazing. I was hoping SHR would make it to the 5th game, but the rengar plays made up for it.
edit: lol tags
Last edited by ...You Lost Me on Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus wrote:Again, look at this fucking map you moron. Take your finger and trace each country's coast, then trace its claim line. Even you - and I say that as someone who could not think less of your intelligence - should be able to tell that one of these things is not like the other.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Does anyone who has been through this before know how soon before season end they announce rewards? Depending on champ, I may want to sit down and grind for like a day to get skin, but I don't want to miss out because I didn't try hard enough right now.
Last edited by Kaelik on Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

I think they usually announce it a week or a month in advance.
Dandy is so good it hurts. I'm 99% sure he can look into the future to predict ganks.
sandmann wrote:

...You Lost Me
Duke

Post by ...You Lost Me »

Season ends November 11th. So you've got a shot.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

People have started banning both Janna and Morgana, making my support life hard. The double whammy is that by using 2 (or 3 bans, sometimes Braum goes if Lucian isn't banned) bans for supports all the mids I hate playing against get by unmolested. Fucking Zeds and Yasuos everywhere.

I've had to start dusting off Leona (Alistar isn't enough of a CC pain train) as my "fuck these ridiculous divers/assassins" support. Fortunately she's a ton of fun and her laning is still solid at 3. It's a nice change of pace to feel like an unkillable god.

Edit: Fun story: I got a friend request from some strange name that, in retrospect, was a pretty obvious boosting recruitment account. When I accepted it the thing immediately sent me a message asking me to apply (via email to some random email address) to become a professional account booster.

Guys, I've made it to the big leagues. I could get paid several dollars an hour to play League of Legends!

I did not apply.
Last edited by Pseudo Stupidity on Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
sandmann wrote:

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

I got the proposition to have my account boosted... BibleThump

I guess I suck dick...

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

I think they proposition anyone under gold.

My favorite part about it is the victorious skins aren't even good. Victorious Janna is a less naked Janna, which is fine, and Victorious Elise is a lighter color? Nobody plays Elise anymore. Victorious J4 is incredibly difficult to recognize as well if I remember correctly.

But it does give you the champ; victorious Elise is how I got Elise!

That border though. I'm trying to get a ranked 5s team to at least gold before the season ends.
Last edited by Pseudo Stupidity on Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
sandmann wrote:

Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

Do you actually have a ranked 5 team?

Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

Sort of, it's mostly a group of people who play ranked 5s whenever we're all on. The reason we might not hit gold is more of a "we rarely play" issue than a "we suck" issue. We certainly suck, but we suck a little less than the other teams do at our rank.

We're at mid silver I, so we only need 5 or so more wins (if we streak) to reach gold. Our team has wide skill gaps though. It's not unusual for lanes to be something like a silver on our team up against a diamond on theirs (there's a ridiculous amount of high rank people playing in low ranked teams right now), but we typically even it out with our own wildly unbalanced matchups.

Our team is usually 2 golds, a plat, a silver, and myself. Sometimes we go to 3 plats or multiple diamonds, sometimes 3 silvers. It depends on whoever's on.

(our name is "I'm so HM02")
sandmann wrote:

rampaging-poet
Knight

Post by rampaging-poet »

I'm not even going to be in a league for this season because I still need to practice. I'm pretty mad at somebody I play with sometimes though because he invited me to a ranked game without saying we were going to play ranked then queue-dodged at the last second, thereby auto-failing one of my provisional games. I don't intend to let him invite me to things from now on.
rampaging-poet
Knight

Post by rampaging-poet »

Double-post for great justice!

I finally got a chance to try Hexakill: Twisted Treeline. My first game ended quickly because the enemy Janna lagged enough it was essentially 6v5. The second game was a lot of fun. I played Trynamere and half-way carried the team after our Ashe fed Kassadin. Once I hit full build I could easily take out half the enemy team before they could kill me, which ended up giving our Rammus a chance to backdoor and win. I doubt we could have held them without Heimerdinger though - his turrets hurt enough that Kat and Talon didn't want to dive us.
Pseudo Stupidity
Duke

rampaging-poet wrote:Double-post for great justice!

I finally got a chance to try Hexakill: Twisted Treeline. My first game ended quickly because the enemy Janna lagged enough it was essentially 6v5. The second game was a lot of fun. I played Trynamere and half-way carried the team after our Ashe fed Kassadin. Once I hit full build I could easily take out half the enemy team before they could kill me, which ended up giving our Rammus a chance to backdoor and win. I doubt we could have held them without Heimerdinger though - his turrets hurt enough that Kat and Talon didn't want to dive us.
Whenever I play hexakill it's the Katarina show (both teams have a Kat, whoever's Kat gets fed first wins). Because of that I'm not a huge fan, it's the worst mode I've seen on League. I need one more win for the icon and I'm not sure if I care enough to deal with more 50 minute Kat games.

My team hit gold this weekend. We skipped our promo series entirely, going from ~90 LP in silver I to gold V. I think we're on an 8 game winning streak right now, and I just want to reach the next promos for the sake of seeing how many divisions we skip if this keeps up.
sandmann wrote: