Come spit on my Kickstarter for Myriad Song, a retro SF rpg

The homebrew forum

Moderator: Moderators

RiotGearEpsilon
Knight

Come spit on my Kickstarter for Myriad Song, a retro SF rpg

Post by RiotGearEpsilon »

So I'm the editor for this game, which I believe the Gaming Den as a whole will have a wonderful time tearing in to pieces in Gaming Den fashion. This is a shameless attempt to advertise this product to you in the hopes that you will give me money.

Why the hell do I think my lousy book is worth your hard-earned dollar? Here's why:
  • A setting based on older interpretations of the future, where energy is plentiful and processing power is expensive.
  • A simple core die mechanic that can be expanded smoothly in complexity to allow any level of mechanical engagement from Magic Tea Party to Axis & Allies.
  • A large selection of interesting alien species to play, all differentiated not by vaguely-racist inherent psychological traits but by sharply different means of perceiving and relating to the world. Be a bug man with amazing peripheral vision and ultraviolet perception but with very limited ability to focus on specific objects! Be a silicon-rare-earth-carbon-based organism with no real color vision but a superb sense of smell capable of differentiating distinct uranic elements! Be an eletroreceptive amphibian capable of receiving and transmitting FM radio signals!
  • A crisp, tight combat ruleset that scales up from hapless chump to action movie superhero, allowing higher-skill characters to confront enormous quantities of normal people without ever quite
  • A laterally diverse selection of equipment, including primitive gear, scrounged gear, firearms, energy weapons, and xenharmonic resonance projectors, each of which can be specialized in separately, allowing for a diverse party that doesn't start to look the same as they get the 'best gear'.
  • An expansive universe rife with conflicting factions, all eagerly squabbling over the ruins of the now absent progenitor race which created the Myriad Syndicate that bound their now-freed slave races together.
  • Edited by people as finicky and angry as the Gaming Den about making rules and settings that actually make a goddamned lick of sense.
Please check out our Kickstarter, and let me know what you think, preferably angrily.
Whatever
Prince

Re: Come spit on my Kickstarter for Myriad Song, a retro SF rpg

Post by Whatever »

RiotGearEpsilon wrote:Edited by people as finicky and angry as the Gaming Den
Probably would have been a good idea to have those editors proofread your kickstarter page.
Aryxbez
Duke

Post by Aryxbez »

It sounds interesting, though given some of the stretch goals that won't be reached, somewhat a bit of a downer to missed potential in the product (like rules for making your own races being a big one for me). Also, it's almost been a month since this kickstarter has begun, you probably should've put this thread up quite awhile back, so to give more time for monetary support.
What I find wrong w/ 4th edition: "I want to stab dragons the size of a small keep with skin like supple adamantine and command over time and space to death with my longsword in head to head combat, but I want to be totally within realistic capabilities of a real human being!" --Caedrus mocking 4rries

"the thing about being Mister Cavern [DM], you don't blame players for how they play. That's like blaming the weather. Weather just is. You adapt to it. -Ancient History
Shrapnel
Prince

Post by Shrapnel »

I had a quarter that I'd've given, but I lost it when a spider flying a Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor swooped in over head and shot the poor fucker to pieces.

:salutes: Never forget George Washington and his Johnson Sandwich.
Is this wretched demi-bee
Half asleep upon my knee
Some freak from a menagerie?
No! It's Eric, the half a bee
Neurosis
Duke

Re: Come spit on my Kickstarter for Myriad Song, a retro SF rpg

Post by Neurosis »

Whatever wrote:
RiotGearEpsilon wrote:Edited by people as finicky and angry as the Gaming Den
Probably would have been a good idea to have those editors proofread your kickstarter page.
I call bullshit. No one is as finicky or as angry as this wretched hive of scum and villainy.
For a minute, I used to be "a guy" in the TTRPG "industry". Now I'm just a nobody. For the most part, it's a relief.
Trank Frollman wrote:One of the reasons we can say insightful things about stuff is that we don't have to pretend to be nice to people. By embracing active aggression, we eliminate much of the passive aggression that so paralyzes things on other gaming forums.
hogarth wrote:As the good book saith, let he who is without boners cast the first stone.
TiaC wrote:I'm not quite sure why this is an argument. (Except that Kaelik is in it, that's a good reason.)
RiotGearEpsilon
Knight

I dunno about that, Schwarzkopf. We're hella angry people.
RiotGearEpsilon
Knight

Join Jason Holmgren, the Fearless Imperator of Sanguine Games, creator of “Joe Genero”, “Ironclaw”, and “Myriad Song”, for an IRC (text-based chat) on Thursday, May 23rd, hosted by Dan Davenport of The Hard-Boiled GMShoe. The show starts at 7pm Central Standard Time (GMT-6).

You can join the chat at this link, or (if you’re technically minded) you can use an IRC client to connect to [url=irc://Galaxy.Magicstar.Net:6667/rpgnet]Galaxy.Magicstar.Net, port 6667, channel #rpgnet[/url]. Ask him questions about his history, his games, his ability to generate adenosine triphosphate, and more!
The chat is TOMORROW at SEVEN PM CENTRAL STANDARD TIME. That's 8 PM Eastern time, 6 PM Mountain time, and 5 PM Western time. Be there, or be somewhere else!
Neurosis
Duke

Post by Neurosis »

OK!
For a minute, I used to be "a guy" in the TTRPG "industry". Now I'm just a nobody. For the most part, it's a relief.
Trank Frollman wrote:One of the reasons we can say insightful things about stuff is that we don't have to pretend to be nice to people. By embracing active aggression, we eliminate much of the passive aggression that so paralyzes things on other gaming forums.
hogarth wrote:As the good book saith, let he who is without boners cast the first stone.
TiaC wrote:I'm not quite sure why this is an argument. (Except that Kaelik is in it, that's a good reason.)
RiotGearEpsilon
Knight

Thanks for comin' out, Schawrz.
RiotGearEpsilon
Knight

Big thanks to all of you who supported Myriad Song. We made it to $7,325!