Dolphin Rape, hoax or reality?

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

OgreBattle
King

Dolphin Rape, hoax or reality?

Post by OgreBattle »

http://justingregg.com/the-dolphin-rape-myth/

This website claims that doplhin rape is a hoax that stains the name of dolphins and no credible scientific source has ever documented dolphin rape. Is this true?
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Dolphin rape is totally a real thing. Swimming with dolphins is dangerous, because sometimes they pop their penises out and try to mount you. You can die from this. It's not only well known, it's well filmed. It's simply a reality.

Justin Gregg's dolphin rape apologia basically begins and ends with the idea that our standards of consent don't apply to dolphins because we can't talk to them, man. It's a fairly stupid argument, because we can totally see dolphins trying to get away while other dolphins shove their penises into their blowholes, and of course we can damn well ask humans whether they consented to be crushed onto the seafloor while a dolphin rubbed their naughty bits on them.

Justin Gregg's big claim is that there's no scientific discussion of dolphin blowhole sex, and that it's actually a myth sparked from a 2008 statue. This is false. For example, there's this issue of Aquatic Mammals from 1985. Justin Gregg is a bullshit artist, and I have honestly no idea what possible reason there could be to spend that much effort trying to deny the existence of dolphin rape. I guess it does get him page views.

-Username17
Lago PARANOIA
Invincible Overlord

Post by Lago PARANOIA »

The Deep Ones need to step up their propaganda game if they want to fool humans about the existence of their twisted dolphin-human-hybrid research.

If they were able to get reception in their terrible, eldritch undersea palaces then they'd be well-served by watching some Fox News. Fox would teach Gregg (who is obviously one of their human quislings) and his infernal masters a thing or two about denialism and negationism.
Last edited by Lago PARANOIA on Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Josh Kablack wrote:Your freedom to make rulings up on the fly is in direct conflict with my freedom to interact with an internally consistent narrative. Your freedom to run/play a game without needing to understand a complex rule system is in direct conflict with my freedom to play a character whose abilities and flaws function as I intended within that ruleset. Your freedom to add and change rules in the middle of the game is in direct conflict with my ability to understand that rules system before I decided whether or not to join your game.

In short, your entire post is dismissive of not merely my intelligence, but my agency. And I don't mean agency as a player within one of your games, I mean my agency as a person. You do not want me to be informed when I make the fundamental decisions of deciding whether to join your game or buying your rules system.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

I think of sharks as the policemen of the ocean, and dolphins as The Joker.
angelfromanotherpin
Overlord

Post by angelfromanotherpin »

'To Sever and Predate.'
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

I've seen videos of the males popping massive boners on anything that touches them, so it's very likely.