Dungeons and Druddigons: Adamant Version

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Intimidation, bluff, and other social skills are all kosher in League Rules Pokemon Battles. Magic is not, but it's only against the rules if you get caught. Social skill style stuff which comes from magic, such as the ability to intimidate as a free action from the Terror sphere, is an edge case, but you're unlikely to be caught.

Inhabiting squares that are partially taken by the tree isn't impossible, it's just something people need to be aware of.

Yes Happiny can take a 5' step.
The party releases their pokemon onto the shaded field. Lucifer flits around beside the trunk of the tree and Whimsy twirls slight below and behind him, while Dratini coils sinuously to the left, Velo preening impatiently closer to the rim.

Krystal's remains resolute under Kentaro's gaze, a shining silver flash almost blinding him for a moment as he tries to demoralize him, and she unleashes a rhyhorn onto the field, crashing with a thump as it roars, and you can just see a halfling-sized saddle strapped between it's back and shoulder frills.
(Give me a Kn. Religion roll anyone who wishes to, as you catch sight of a peculiar symbol on Krystal's cloak pin. Kn.Arcana may also be rolled, but has a higher DC.)

Nopur quietly removes a pokeball from his belt, muttering something that can just be heard as "go to work," followed by a word that can't quite be understood, and presses the button but doesn't throw the ball, allowing the thin beam of red to reach out and place a litwick on the ground near to Lucifer. The air seems to darken slightly as the ghost pokemon touches down, before the glimmer of it's flame shines into the shadow of the tree.

Frin laughs in bemusement as she happily tosses in a pokeball that splits to unleash a farfetch'd, jumping from the confines of magic and drawing it's leek as a samurai would their sword, pointing it in challenge at Lucifer..

J'kul throws back a cloak of heavy fur, showing a magikarp hanging passively, but alive and breathing, and seemingly not particularly upset, from his belt just behind a pokeball, which he removes and throws, "Go Simon!" he shouts, releasing a sandile. The dark ground pokemon paws at the ground eagerly.

Prematch Field
Round 1

Code: Select all

Whimsy sidesteps.
Whimsy used Metronome!
Whimsy used Infestation!
It's super effective!
Simon was infested!
(I assumed targeting of most vulnerable target, but you can choose the target of the move after learning what metronome becomes, so if you want to use "Infestation" [read, summon swarm) on a different enemy, lemme know)

Kentaro's intimidations continue to be met with silvery flashes of light from Krystal as she remains completely unshaken. Lucifer nods and chirps to indicate he heard his command.

"Earl, charge that fleshraker!" the blonde halfling shouts, pointing.

Dratini waits for Drast's command, and the farfetch'd for Frin's.

Earl used Charge!*
Earl missed!
* (Velo may step to the side and take the attack, or make an AoO and take the attack)

Round 1 Field [as it stands]
Last edited by Prak on Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

Prak wrote:* (Velo may step to the side and take the attack, or make an AoO and take the attack)
I suspect you're missing a negative in there. Velo will step aside.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Rhyhorn's charge overruns everything in its path, but things in its have the option of sidestepping. If they don't, they get to make an AoO. No mention is made as to how this affects the actual charge attack, so I ruled the attack still happens, because otherwuse there's no point to charging.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Griffinsummoner
1st Level

Post by Griffinsummoner »

"Dratini, Dragon Dance, and tail slap the sandile*."
*Once Drast gives the command and Dratini uses a standard action to activate Dragon Dance and a move action to move up to the sandile, Drast activates his Rally ability to give Dratini an extra attack action.
(Attack: 18+8=26, Damage 8+8=16, Improved Grab triggers for 20+8=28 grapple check)
Last edited by Griffinsummoner on Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Knox tries to remember if he's seen Krystal's shoulder pin anywhere.
Knowledge Arcana: 20
Knowledge Religion: 28 (no ranks though)

Pixels, your Cassisian has Knowledge Religion right?
Last edited by radthemad4 on Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

OoC:
Casco di Phil does indeed know a bit about religious matters. I suppose I could have been wearing him much in the same way you are wearing yours as goggles. If so, he'd get a rather unimpressive Knowledge: Religion check of 1d20+5=10, so it changes nothing.
Luca peers at the Rhyhorn, digging up what he knows about the rocky Pokemon. (Pokedex, non-action, 1d20+11=15, should hopefully be at least enough to know it resists poison). "The Rhyhorn is too tough for your claws Velo! Go for the Farfetch'd instead!" He then delays until after Velo.

(Velo will charge the Farfetch'd and take an AoO from the Rhyhorn. If Rhyhorn is in F11, Velo will charge G11->G10->H9->I8. If Rhyhorn is in G11, Velo will charge F11->G10->H9->I8. Either way he uses Leaping Pounce and his False Swipe feat.)

Many attack rolls later...
EDIT: Oops, realized I counted Inspire Courage twice on the claws/rake. They're all one damage lower than the roll indicates.
Claw: hits AC 31, deals 15 14 damage
Claw: hits AC 31, deals 10 9 damage
Rake: hits AC 29, deals 10 9 damage
Bite: natural 20, deals 11 damage, critical confirmation hits AC 16, deals an additional 12 damage
Tail: hits AC 19, deals 11 damage
Each of the claws and the tail also inflict poison (Fort DC 15, 1d6 Dex/1d6 Dex).
All of the damage is non-lethal thanks to False Swipe.
If the Farfetch'd is still conscious Velo will hit it with a trip attempt from Leaping Pounce and gets a 12.
If the trip hits he also gets a grapple attempt and gets a 17.
If unimaginably that isn't sufficient to finish off the bird, Luca will use his standard action to Rally Velo into making another attack, Claw: hits AC 30, deals 15 14 damage. If it is already down then he'll try a demoralize on Sandile and get a 21.
Last edited by Pixels on Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Velo sidesteps Earl!
Knox digs through his memories, searching for the significance of Krystal's pin. He's unfamiliar with the more organized religions, but something about it rings a bell with his studies of magic. The overall image appears to be a stylized rendering of Arceus, "The Original One," and that there are both a clerical and paladinic order devoted to the pokemon.

Dratini used Dragon Dance!
Dratini's Strength and Dexterity increased!
Dratini gains an extra action from Drast.
Dratini used Tail Slap!
Sandile Fainted!

The Infestation seeks a new host!
Earl the Rhyhorn becomes infested!
A voice in Luca's head recalls the basic facts he learned when he was a less experienced trainer-
"Rhyhorn runs in a straight line, smashing everything in its path. It is not bothered even if it rushes headlong into a block of steel. This Pokémon may feel some pain from the collision the next day, however. It is resistant to Normal, Poison, Rock and Fire attacks."

Earl the Rhyhorn gets an attack of opportunity on Velo!
Earl the Rhyhorn uses Horn Attck!
Earl the Rhyhorn misses!
Krystal insults Velo's matrilineal heritage!

Velo charges Farfetch'd!
Velo uses charging pounce!
The Farfetch'd doesn't stand an Arceus-Damned chance!
Farfetch'd faints!

Lucifer uses Colour Spray!
But the enemy Litwick resists!
"Dhugurshac! Will-O-Wisp on the Corollax!" Nopur shouts, and the litwick nods.

Frin and J'kul recall their fainted pokemon.

Dhugurshac uses Will-o-Wisp on Lucifer!
Lucifer is On Fire! ...somehow...
Lucifer takes 10 points of fire damage!
Lucifer is affected by Dhugurshac's Ghostly Light! (-2 atk/dam/saves)
It is now Happiny's turn.

Round 1 Field

It occurs to me the code, while an appropriate in joke, might be a bit hard to read. Anyone having trouble with that?

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Kentaro figures Lucifer has little to lose from trying to fire off another color spray at Dhugurshac. He'll also start shouting out strings of curses at the Ghost-type in an attempt to weaken its morale (since Litwick is Diminutive, Kentaro gets an additional +4, making the attempts at +22 each. 27 and 37.)
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

I didn't have any trouble reading the code on my phone or PC.

"Whimsy, patch up Lucifer." (5 foot step to J9 and use Natural Cure)

Knox mentally asks his Cassisian what the alignments of the members of this group, and any of their pokemon are (it's just a question so I don't think it should require a roll or action). Pokemon are probably neutral, but doesn't hurt to check.
Judgement (Su): An angel automatically knows the alignment of any creature it is aware of. This bypasses any attempts to conceal alignment if the caster level of the ability or CR of the creature is equal to or lower than the angels.

Protective Aura (Su): Against attacks made or effects created by evil creatures, this ability provides a +4 deflection bonus to AC and a +4 resistance bonus on saving throws to anyone within 20 feet of the Angel. Otherwise, it functions as a magic circle against evil effect and a lesser globe of invulnerability, both with a radius of 20 feet (caster level equals Angel’s CR). (The defensive benefits from the circle are not included in an Angel’s statistics block.)
By the way, Knox has a Major Aura that boosts allied saves by 1 (circumstance).
Last edited by radthemad4 on Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Natural Cure is self only, actually.

J'kul is CN, Krystal LG, Nopur CN, and Frin N. Their pokemon are all N.

The candle pokemon quivers under Kentaro's verbal assault.

Dhugurshac is Shaken!
"Earl! Charge Dratini!"

Earl the Rhyhorn charged at Dratini!
Will Dratini avoid being trampled, or take an attack of opportunity?
If Dratini stands there and takes it, roll to oppose a bullrush!

Griffinsummoner
1st Level

"Dratini, out of the way!"
(sidestep to F8)
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Rhyhorn's bull rush is foiled!
Rhyhorn used Horn Attack!
Rhyhorn deals 8 damage!
Knox and Drast are up. Also, assuming my memory isn't mistaken, on the show, trainers could give their pokemon standing orders, which the pokemon would follow until a new order was given. So it's legitimate for trainers to tell their pokemon to just do something repeatedly, and the pokemon will follow that command until a new one is given, and this is a way to keep from having pokemon delay until their trainer's turn.

Griffinsummoner
1st Level

"Dratini, shed your skin, then make sure that thing isn't going anywhere"
(Move Action: Maintain Dragon Dance
Standard Action: Shed Skin, restore 1d6+3=7
Rally: Tail Slap 1d20+7=16; 1d8+7=8; Imp Grab 1d20+7=15)
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Dratini healed 7hp!
Dratini Danced!
Dratini used Tail Slap!
Dratini grabbed Earl the Rhyhorn!

Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

Luca sees the little light bird is in trouble, and uses an immediate action to activate his Benediction, giving Lucifer 6 temporary HP and +2 to saves for a round.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

(If my Happiny can still take its turn)

"Whimsy, use Sweet Kiss on Dhugurshac"

Melee Touch: 1d20+2 → [12,2] = (14)

Will save vs DC 15 to avoid confusion if it lands.

(I lost the link, but a while back I got 5 on a (1d6+1) for how long till metronome is reusable on invisible castle)

Knox tries intimidating Krystal: 1d20+10 → [10,10] = (20)
and tries to figure out what the cause of the Flash is:
Knowledge Arcana: 1d20+14 → [13,14] = (27)
Spellcraft: 1d20+16 → [1,16] = (17)
Last edited by radthemad4 on Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Whimsy uses Sweet Kiss!
But it misses!
Another attempt to thrust fear upon the female halfling is once again met with the silvery flash. It's no spell of which you're aware, but looking closely you notice it seems to be an aura of silvery light which manifests for just an instant as you attempt to demoralize her.

Luca's up.

Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

"Velo! Go help Whimsy and Lucifer snuff that candle out!"

Velo will charge the Litwick, ending his movement in K8.

Once more with the savage smashings and crashings:
Claw: hits AC 16 for 4 damage
Claw: hits AC 19 for 5 damage
Tail: hits AC 18 for 5 damage
Bite: hits AC 21 for 4 damage
Rake: hits AC 31 for 7 damage
Each of the claws and the tail also inflict poison (Fort DC 15, 1d6 Dex/1d6 Dex).
All of the damage is non-lethal thanks to False Swipe.
Velo will hit the Litwick with a trip attempt from Leaping Pounce and gets a 20.
If the trip hits he also gets a grapple attempt and gets a 12. Actually, screw the grapple. Velo actually probably wouldn't want to grab a burning candle anyways.

Luca will use his standard action to Rally Velo into making another attack, Claw: hits AC 29 for 7 damage.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Roll a miss chance for each attack.

Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Velo used Pounce!
Velo hit two times!
It's not very effective...
Lucifer is up.

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

"Lucifer, use color spray on that glorified candle!" Kentaro shouts. "Avoid hitting Velo, though." (essentially, Kentaro wants Lucifer to aim color spray in a way that would hit the Litwick but not the Fleshraker. Which should be doable given the speed and maneuverability of the Corollax (60 ft., good.)
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Lucifer has no trouble aiming a colour spray at Dhugurshac, not even needing to move.

Lucifer used Colour Spray!
Dhugurshac is stunned!
Dhugurshac is blinded!
Nopur grimaces, "Dhugurshac! Use Will-O-Wisp on Happiny as soon as you can!"

Happiny is up.

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

"Whimsy, use Heal Bell on Lucifer."
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Lucifer was cured of being on fire!
Kentaro is up.