Dungeons and Druddigons: Adamant Version

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Kentaro makes 2 Intimidate attempts on the Rhyhorn (at -8 because Rhyhorn is Medium, for +10 modifier.) Kentaro rolls a 26 and a 22. He's hoping to make it at least Shaken, as to make it more vulnerable to Lucifer's color spray.
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Earl is definitely frightened, but is hampered by Dratini's grapple. He attempts to struggle up beneath the serpentine pokemon, but fails.

Krystal shouts to Earl to keep trying to throw off Dratini.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Griffinsummoner
1st Level

Post by Griffinsummoner »

"Dratini, keep using wrap, finish him"

(Grapple: 1d20+7: 13, 1d8+10 damage if successful: 18
2nd Grapple: 1d20+7: 27, 1d8+10 damage if successful: 17
-Rhyhorn's DR)
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Code: Select all

Dratini uses Constrict!
But is fails...
Dratini gained a second attack from Drast's Rally!
Dratini used Constrict!
Earl is badly injured!

Earl attempts to lift Dratini again!
But it fails...
Knox and Drast are up.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Can I assume Abra is nearby, out and watching the fight? If so:

Knox mentally asks Abra to read Krystal's mind when he attempts to intimidate her again. Handle Animal: 1d20+16 → [4,16] = (20)

Intimidation on Krystal: 1d20+10 → [14,10] = (24)
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Krystal's not even paying attention to the intimidate attempts, instead focusing on the battle, if the silvery aura-bastion of fearlessness is at her command, there's no outward sign.

Abra is sleeping nearby leaning against the railing of the trainer platform, raises it's head, and shakes it to Knox, indicating there's no conscious action related to the intimidate attempt.

Luca and Velo are up

Pixels
Knight

Post by Pixels »

Velo circles around the blind and reeling Litwick, claws and teeth and tail slashing mercilessly while Luca cheers him on.

Stabbity stabbity stab!
Velo takes a 5' step to L9 and makes a full attack.

Miss chances for incorporeal and half damage for type disadvantage have already been included.

Claw: misses due to incorporeal
Claw: hits AC 19 for 6 damage
Tail: hits AC 15 for 5 damage
Bite: hits AC 19 for 6 damage

Each of the claws and the tail also inflict poison (Fort DC 15, 1d6 Dex/1d6 Dex).
All of the damage is non-lethal thanks to False Swipe.

Luca will use his standard action to Rally Velo into making another attack, Claw: hits AC 26 for 6 damage.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

"Shazam*, what's their next move? Have they decided on what Pokemon they're bringing out next?"

*Abra. Damnit, I forgot I named him.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Velo uses Pounce!
It's not very effective...
Litwick fainted!
Nopur recalls his fainted pokemon.

<"I don't think they have more pokemon."> Shazam mentally says.

Lucifer is up, and it's just the infested and grappled Rhyhorn left.
Last edited by Prak on Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Lucifer, color spray the last standing opponent!
Pseudo Stupidity wrote:This Applebees fucking sucks, much like all Applebees. I wanted to go to Femboy Hooters (communism).
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Lucifer used Colour Spray!
Earl is Blinded!
Earl is Stunned!
Dratini should roll Will as well.

Griffinsummoner
1st Level

Post by Griffinsummoner »

Dratini's Will Save was 1d20+4=17
Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

Lucifer's color spray DC is 16, so that should pass.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Yep, no problems. It's just a cone, so I wanted to make sure Dratini saved too.

Happiny is up, and then it's Kentaro's turn.

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

(Not much to do at this point.)

"Whimsy, grab on to Earl."

Grapple: 1d20+1 &#8594; [5,+1] = (6) (Grab on maneuver. DC=Touch AC + BAB)
Last edited by radthemad4 on Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Whimsy walks over to the dragon-entangled rhyhorn and wraps it's tiny, nub-like arms around one of it's legs.

It's not very effective.

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

(My bad, it was a Tome Grab on maneuver, so the result of my roll would be 6, against a DC of Touch AC +BAB, which I suspect still wouldn't do anything)
Last edited by radthemad4 on Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

(((Yeah, same outcome.

I also realized Earl gets an AoO.))

Earl looks down at the small Whimsy hugging it's leg and simply kicks its leg dealing 4 damage
Last edited by Prak on Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

(Earl's blinded and stunned right? I don't think he's capable of taking AoOs. A typical Rhyhorn has a touch AC of 10. Blinded reduces AC by 2. Stunned reduces AC by 2. Unless Earl has a normal touch AC greater than 10 or I messed up somewhere, Whimsy should succeed at this. Not that it'll matter at all...)
Last edited by radthemad4 on Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Grab on's dc is touch+BAB, and neither blinded nor stunned prohibit aoos.

Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

This is what I get for quickly checking d20srd on my phone.

Darth Rabbitt
Overlord

Post by Darth Rabbitt »

"It's over already," Kentaro tells Krystal. "Earl's practically unconscious. I'd give up and save your Pokemon some pain."

(Kentaro is trying to avoid appealing to fear this time around, since he's realized he's not going to scare Krystal, and the Rhyhorn is already helpless so it's not worth scaring further. I'm not sure if this would still be an Intimidate check, or if it would be Diplomacy instead.)
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Krystal hesitates, but only a moment, before clicking open Earl's pokeball, "Earl, come back." The thin beam of red light stretches out from the ball and encompasses the rhino pokemon, retrieving it from Dratini's coils.

(once you've retrieved your pokemon)

J'kul hops the barrier of the trainer's stand as his companions duck beneath it to come over to your side, "well, seems we underestimated you guys. I guess we need to put some more training in. You guys taking on the gym challenge?"

radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

"Good match nonetheless."

Knox looks down at the magikarp on J'kul's belt for a moment.

"I get the feeling that our next match, should we meet again will be a lot tougher. Yeah, we're planning on taking on the gym challenge eventually, but we're in no rush at the moment. How long are you guys sticking around here?"
Last edited by radthemad4 on Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.