[IC]Princes of the City

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Ancient History
Serious Badass

Post by Ancient History »

One of the women - dressed somewhere between a biker and a librarian, with a leather jacket, combat boots, and thick glasses - falls to her knees, mumbling something back and forth.

(Anyone with Auspex 1 can make out what she's saying.)
"She placed her reeking lips upon my throat! How long this horrible thing lasted I know not; but it seemed tht a long time must have passed before she took her foul, awful, sneering mouth away.

"With that she pulled open her shirt, and with her long sharp nails opened a vein in her breast. When the blood began to spurt out, she took my hands in one of hers, holding them tight, and with the other seized my neck and pressed my mouth to the wound, so that I must either suffocate or swallow.

Than she spoke to me mockingly, 'And you, are now to me, flesh of my flesh; blood of my blood; kin of my kin; my bountiful wine-press for a while; and shall e later on my companion and my helper. When my brain says Come! to you, you shall cross land or sea to do my bidding.'"
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Seth will try to hack into Sealaska Heritage Institute via telecommute and try to find out what it was the burglar was originally looking for. He'll try using that information if he finds any, along with everything he and Kel found out last night to try to narrow down what Eris was trying to do.
Perception 3
Intelligence 5 (Analytical Problem Solver)

Intuition 3
Scrounging 3

Security 3

Computer 5 (Data Retrieval)
Investigation 3
Occult 3
Enigmas 3
Cryptography 1

Technomancy 5

Meticulous Planner
Higher Purpose (Finding out what's really going on)
Lightning Calculator
Concentration
Eidetic Memory
Computer Aptitude
Ancient History
Serious Badass

radthemad4 wrote:Seth will try to hack into Sealaska Heritage Institute via telecommute and try to find out what it was the burglar was originally looking for. He'll try using that information if he finds any, along with everything he and Kel found out last night to try to narrow down what Eris was trying to do.
The object that the thief stole is listed as a stone and walrus ivory idol of a wolf with giant fangs, of uncertain age, tentatively identified as possibly being of Amarok and by a proto-Inuit culture. However, there is a note in the file that the object at the museum was actually a replica, and the actual artifact is stored in a safe deposit box at Northrim Bank.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

(Is it the branch that's walking distance from the JAHC?)

Seth will try hacking the bank and confirming his findings. He'll also offer to supernaturally firewall the group's phones, if he can't have already done this last night (Meticulous Planner includes the Common Sense merit).

Group text: "Shouldn't we get the heck out of here? Ia did say we're probably being watched. Don't know if it's precise enough to read your messages, but why take chances."

Once a safe distance away, if we're firewalled, Seth will send a text to everyone, otherwise he'll just talk to everyone who was in the JAHC:

"Good news. I checked out the Sealaska Heritage Institute. The artifact stolen from there was a replica. It's a stone and walrus ivory idol of a wolf with giant fangs, of uncertain age, possibly being of Amarok and by a proto-Inuit culture. The real deal is listed as being in Northrim Bank. The <branch> branch."
Ancient History
Serious Badass

(Is it the branch that's walking distance from the JAHC?)
Sure.
Seth will try hacking the bank and confirming his findings. He'll also offer to supernaturally firewall the group's phones, if he can't have already done this last night (Meticulous Planner includes the Common Sense merit)
Bank records confirm Sealaska maintains several safe deposit boxes.
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Before heading out, Seth will load up on plastic bottles of 'Cranberry Juice' and store them in a backpack.

Seth will scope out security at the bank via checking out the cameras and any protection mechanisms they have installed. He'll also try to determine if it really is there.

If their systems are offline, he'll turn on any cell phone cameras there (hopefully someone there either has their phone next to their ear or outside on a surface and if not he'll just wait for a while without alerting the users (e.g. actually showing what the camera sees on the display if the camera wasn't already in use) and try to find an entry into their systems via Remote Access.
Last edited by radthemad4 on Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Kel leans against a post at the docks and checks his texts-

"All this Amarok stuff is starting to worry me. What do we know? Eris has an posse, and someone's been going after Amarok idols.

"Amarok is some fuck all big wolf thing that ancients hunted for its strength. Eris is a Lilian 'heretic.'

"We need to look into archaeological studies of the area. Try to head her off.

"...when the fuck are our illustrious leaders going to show the fuck up?"
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Verge informs Joe Juneau that the ghost-eater is a vampire, and probably has the standard vampire weaknesses, including fire. He suggests that the spirits taking advantage if they encounter her and then takes his leave.

While the others are dealing with Eris, he looks to cut off potential political issues, and attempts to arrange a meeting with Tibiru and his new childe, framed as a social call. It wouldn't be unexpected for them to take advantage of this. Verge wants to see what they're up to.
Last edited by hyzmarca on Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

radthemad4/Seth wrote:Seth will scope out security at the bank via checking out the cameras and any protection mechanisms they have installed. He'll also try to determine if it really is there.

If their systems are offline, he'll turn on any cell phone cameras there (hopefully someone there either has their phone next to their ear or outside on a surface and if not he'll just wait for a while without alerting the users (e.g. actually showing what the camera sees on the display if the camera wasn't already in use) and try to find an entry into their systems via Remote Access.
The bank is closed for the evening, and the systems don't have a direct link to the internet - but the cameras and ATM outside allow an "in" into the system. The bank is currently dark and quiet, with no sign of any intruders. The door to the vault is locked (it is on a time lock) and undisturbed.
hyzmarca/Verge wrote: While the others are dealing with Eris, he looks to cut off potential political issues, and attempts to arrange a meeting with Tibiru and his new childe, framed as a social call. It wouldn't be unexpected for them to take advantage of this. Verge wants to see what they're up to.
Tibiru answers his phone on the third ring; in the background is a muffled scream and what sounds like orchestral music, but he quickly turns the latter down to listen to what Verge is saying. He gives Virge an address - near the Spruce Meadow RV Park - and says he is welcome to come.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Suzanne texts everyone from Elysium.
On my way to docks to meet with C. hunters. Txt me yr status. Meet there if you can.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Ancient History wrote:
hyzmarca/Verge wrote: While the others are dealing with Eris, he looks to cut off potential political issues, and attempts to arrange a meeting with Tibiru and his new childe, framed as a social call. It wouldn't be unexpected for them to take advantage of this. Verge wants to see what they're up to.
Tibiru answers his phone on the third ring; in the background is a muffled scream and what sounds like orchestral music, but he quickly turns the latter down to listen to what Verge is saying. He gives Virge an address - near the Spruce Meadow RV Park - and says he is welcome to come.
Verge takes a moment to get himself properly heveled and goes to that address.
Last edited by hyzmarca on Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

hyzmarca wrote:Verge takes a moment to get himself properly heveled and goes to that address.
It always amazes Verge how quickly civilization gives way to wilderness...a few minute's drive in the car and the buildings quickly give way to trees and soggy pastures. He drives past the RV park, following the GPS, turning at last onto an unpaved road and into the woods...ending, at last, in what looks like a hunting ranch based off of a two-story farmhouse.

Tibiru is there, stripped to the waist, standing before a deer he is in the middle of butchering, it's thick dark blood draining into a large bowl. His muscular torso is surprisingly hairless, every inch covered by swirling serpent tattoos, wending all the way over his shoulders and down his arms. He raises one bloody hand in greeting, the other still busy with a curiously-shaped knife.

His childe, Andrew, Verge sees a moment later - naked, his unnaturally pale skin painted with bloody wounds as he sits cross-legged on an outcropping of rock, eyes rolled back in some kind of trance.

Tibiru strides over, smiling in the moonlight, and greets Verge in a loud whisper. "He has taken to it well. We hunted a little, tonight. It is the first time he has been hunting, the first time he has tasted prey, the first time he confronted his Beast - and he did not let it win. Good boy!"
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Standing at the Docks, Kel suddenly has to remember to keep up appearances and looks around to see if any kine were around to see he'd stood there motionless for quite a while longer than most kine could manage without some small motion to adjust their stance, crack a joint, breath and shakes his head, as if to clear it.

"Fuck it," he mutters, and takes out his phone as he turns to leave.

He sends a mass text to the group- "Tired of standing around with my dick in my hand, going to go meet the lady. Taking Ursula. If I don't return, Vincent and Jenny know what to do with my things."

He stops to pick up Ursula from the manor and goes to find Eris.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Ancient History
Serious Badass

Prak wrote: He stops to pick up Ursula from the manor and goes to find Eris.
Kel gets Suzanne's text, as well Stan's note that Eris was to meet the women at the Panhandle Dairy. The ghoul-bear lumbers into the vehicle (with a bit of coaxing), and a short drive later Kel arrives at the closed gates and badges himself in. Even without the illness and absenteeism of the last couple days, and the Mad Cow scare, it's almost midnight, with even the janitorial crew gone home for the night. Pulling into the small parking lot, Kel wonders for a minute how best to sniff out Eris...if she is here.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Ancient History wrote:
hyzmarca wrote:Verge takes a moment to get himself properly heveled and goes to that address.
It always amazes Verge how quickly civilization gives way to wilderness...a few minute's drive in the car and the buildings quickly give way to trees and soggy pastures. He drives past the RV park, following the GPS, turning at last onto an unpaved road and into the woods...ending, at last, in what looks like a hunting ranch based off of a two-story farmhouse.

Tibiru is there, stripped to the waist, standing before a deer he is in the middle of butchering, it's thick dark blood draining into a large bowl. His muscular torso is surprisingly hairless, every inch covered by swirling serpent tattoos, wending all the way over his shoulders and down his arms. He raises one bloody hand in greeting, the other still busy with a curiously-shaped knife.

His childe, Andrew, Verge sees a moment later - naked, his unnaturally pale skin painted with bloody wounds as he sits cross-legged on an outcropping of rock, eyes rolled back in some kind of trance.

Tibiru strides over, smiling in the moonlight, and greets Verge in a loud whisper. "He has taken to it well. We hunted a little, tonight. It is the first time he has been hunting, the first time he has tasted prey, the first time he confronted his Beast - and he did not let it win. Good boy!"
This isn't exactly what Verge expected to find. He's much more comfortable with the more urban-ish sort of hunting. Still, he tries to take it in stride. "I hope I'm not interrupting father-son bonding time."
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

Seth will enter the cameras' FOV, wobbling somewhat and doing his best impersonation of a drunk college student. He'll go up to the ATM machine and lean against it for support, see what it's connected to, trying to find more info on the idol, where it's kept, etc. Then, he'll pretend to have just noticed any within reach camera, wave at it drunkenly and then poke it, trying to find out more about the Bank's security systems. He'll also check how many active cellphones there are in and/or right outside the bank.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Kel will go to the cows and question them as to whether they've seen a pale human woman tonight. Failing that, he'll use beckoning.
Last edited by Prak on Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ancient History
Serious Badass

hyzmarca/Verge wrote:This isn't exactly what Verge expected to find. He's much more comfortable with the more urban-ish sort of hunting. Still, he tries to take it in stride. "I hope I'm not interrupting father-son bonding time."
"He is already bound, by blood and oaths." Tibiru says, seriously. "He will need some more training before he is ready to be introduced to Elysium and resume his normal life. His associates currently believe he is on a spiritual retreat," the tattooed vampire nods at the sigils cut into the surrounding trees, fresh sap oozing from the wounds, "and this is not a lie. I will not release him until he is ready."
radthemad4/Seth wrote:Seth will enter the cameras' FOV, wobbling somewhat and doing his best impersonation of a drunk college student. He'll go up to the ATM machine and lean against it for support, see what it's connected to, trying to find more info on the idol, where it's kept, etc. Then, he'll pretend to have just noticed any within reach camera, wave at it drunkenly and then poke it, trying to find out more about the Bank's security systems. He'll also check how many active cellphones there are in and/or right outside the bank.
The bank does not keep any records of the contents of safe deposit boxes, only owners. The bank seems to have the typical electronic alarms on entrances and exits, and even a sonic and seismic alarm in the vault itself to alert to tunneling efforts. There are no active cellphones in the bank; there are some in passing traffic.
Prak/Kel wrote:Kel will go to the cows and question them as to whether they've seen a pale human woman tonight. Failing that, he'll use beckoning.
The cows are lowing, already spooked before Kel even gets to the fence; beef ready for the slaughter, they can already smell the death in this place... From what Kel can make out, he isn't the only walking corpse to pass this way recently, though the other one had left about an hour ago.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Can Ursula track Eris' scent?

Ancient History
Serious Badass

The ghoul bear utters a growly yawn as a "maybe"; it would probably be easier if she had something of Eris' to go by, to help pick out her scent, otherwise it could take some time to sort out.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

I would probably know if a ghoul is enough of a sample scent to track its vampire master by, is it?

Ancient History
Serious Badass

No, you can't track a vampire by the ghoul it makes.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Damn.

Kel texts the group "Hey, do we have any of the dirt from Eris' blood circle at the first murder site?"

Nebuchadnezzar
Knight-Baron

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

Stan pretends to take a 30 second call, then addresses the women as two SUVs pull adjacent to the alley.
"Your lady Gorgoneion has agreed to meet with my associates. She will rendezvous with you this evening at a location near the airport, where we have a plane on standby. If you'll follow me."
(Stan attempts to take the students to the Jordan Ave. safe house, with its reinforced basement. As for slipping them a Mickey Sanguine, I figure either Max keeps some dope handy, there's a stash at the safe house, or someone can hit up Suzanne's dealer at the bar.)
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

(Could Seth have handed the piece of cloth Eris dropped to Kel? Kel did bring up Ursula immediately after Seth found it, but we kinda didn't bring it up after that)

Seth will check Sealaska's records again for more details or leads about where the idol is kept in the bank.