Pathfinder Crash Course

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

FatR
Duke

Post by FatR »

FrankTrollman wrote:Have you seen any of those movies?
You clearly had. And you lie about their contents.
FrankTrollman wrote:Because Loki using mind control to puppet Selvig around is a major plot point at the end of Thor.
Because by "major plot at the end" you mean a five-second moment in a post-movie stinger (01:54:26 on a BD version), about which most people needed to read about on the Intrawebz to know it exists. And which did not even make it clear what sort of magical fuckery is in work - only in Avengers we learn that Loki now owns a major mind-controlling artifact. Which, in turn, only controls minds, but does not create illusions.
FrankTrollman wrote:Also Loki uses emotion control to make Hulk freak out on the carrier during Avengers.
He motherfucking manipulates the heroes into thinking he can induce a Hulk episode by some magical means right from his cell, even though he can't, not by his own power, in hopes that they induce a Hulk episode by trying to detain Banner. It is not some subtle thing you can miss if you think about the movie for more than one second, either - sowing discord among the heroes is Loki's entire schtick in Avengers. And the only scene with a clear implication of emotional influence completely fucking focuses on the very same major mind-controlling artifact (later revealed as a device containing one of Infinity Stones, IIRC). Not subtle either, it fills the entire fucking screen with ominous sound effects, starting from around 01:09:16. And it still takes direct danger and physical harm to make Banner hulk out, which is a quite sufficient stimulus to make him hulk out anyway.

You've sunk low enough to outright lie, Frank. Because of a petty Internet debate. There is nothing I can say to sink you further, and there is nothing more I have to say to you.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

FatR wrote:Because by "major plot at the end" you mean a five-second moment in a post-movie stinger (01:54:26 on a BD version), about which most people needed to read about on the Intrawebz to know it exists. And which did not even make it clear what sort of magical fuckery is in work - only in Avengers we learn that Loki now owns a major mind-controlling artifact. Which, in turn, only controls minds, but does not create illusions.
Dude. Loki is an "alien." All of his powers are technically super technology rather than magic per se. However, your objection is just fucking bullshit. Here, I'll give you the link to Marvel Movies Wiki.
Marvel Movies Wiki wrote:Loki is a master of magic. His magic comes from Frigga who decided to share it with him. He can create illusions, including copies of himself, and can influence people with his mind. He was also able to exert a more potent hypnotic control when using his sceptre directly on people who were trying to stop him. He can also conceal himself and others from sight. Loki can summon objects out of thin air, as seen when he summons the Casket of Ancient Winters and uses it against Heimdall, freezing him solid. He can also alter his appearance and attire at will, even to take the form of anyone else.
So. There's that. There's the fact that you're completely fucking wrong, and that you are accusing me of "lying" when I am in fact merely reporting the actual official storyline of a movie that you brought up because you're apparently some kind of idiot who doesn't understand how completely that particular film fails to fit the narrative you are attempting to construct. Not that it would help you in the slightest, since unlike me you actually are being intentionally dishonest, because this entire framing of the discussion was about you attempting to use OR-gates for the alchemist and AND-gates for the Beguiler. But even within the context that you are specifically and obviously special pleading and applying a different standard of evidence to your side than to mine, you're still wrong.

Eat your fucking crow and move on. Stop digging.

-Username17
radthemad4
Duke

Post by radthemad4 »

virgil wrote:Mario Mario, M.D.
Mario doesn't make his powerups though. He just finds them in bricks.