Spells for 3E Clerics of Mask?

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Judging__Eagle
Prince

Spells for 3E Clerics of Mask?

Post by Judging__Eagle »

So; we have Spells that Kill and Spells that Win; however, I've recently signed up for a Red Hand of Doom game where the players have pre-generated characters; and I'm taking on the role of the Cleric of Mask that the referee will be writing up.

Are there any spells that stick out that a Character Level 6 Cleric of Mask should have in RHoD? I know that stealth is pretty big in that adventure; so I guess darkness or invis sphere might be helpful; but nothing else really comes to mind.
The Gaming Den; where Mathematics are rigorously applied to Mythology.

While everyone's Philosophy is not in accord, that doesn't mean we're not on board.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

A special version of Righteous Might that turns their face green?

Wrong Mask?
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
spongeknight
Master

Post by spongeknight »

Uh, do you mean any spells that falvor-wise stick out for that campaign? Because I'm pretty sure that the spells that clerics normally win with are going to also win in that module, assuming your DM doesn't play it straight and kill you all.
A Man In Black wrote:I do not want people to feel like they can never get rid of their Guisarme or else they can't cast Evard's Swarm Of Black Tentacleguisarmes.
Voss wrote:Which is pretty classic WW bullshit, really. Suck people in and then announce that everyone was a dogfucker all along.
Orca
Knight-Baron

Post by Orca »

Maybe grab a mobility-enhancing spell like Knight's Move, and/or spells which mess with people like Command? Trickery is hard with the cleric spell list but those probably qualify.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Isn't RHOD about orcs and goblins? Maybe a mook horde killer, to be serious this time.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Aryxbez
Duke

Post by Aryxbez »

As I recall from Frank's experience, if ye don't take control of a Zombie Chimera for everyone to surprise-attack flying-archer people, ya'll gonna die.
What I find wrong w/ 4th edition: "I want to stab dragons the size of a small keep with skin like supple adamantine and command over time and space to death with my longsword in head to head combat, but I want to be totally within realistic capabilities of a real human being!" --Caedrus mocking 4rries

"the thing about being Mister Cavern [DM], you don't blame players for how they play. That's like blaming the weather. Weather just is. You adapt to it. -Ancient History
schpeelah
Knight-Baron

Post by schpeelah »

Aryxbez wrote:As I recall from Frank's experience, if ye don't take control of a Zombie Chimera for everyone to surprise-attack flying-archer people, ya'll gonna die.
It's less about surprise attacking and more about the black dragon in the lake murdering you if you try to use a boat instead of flying over.
Thread for reference.
Last edited by schpeelah on Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.