Another stupid idea - World of Darkness: Transformers

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

hyzmarca
Prince

Another stupid idea - World of Darkness: Transformers

Post by hyzmarca »

Right.

It recently occurred to me that there is a Glass Walker faction that wants to turn Gaia into Cybertron. And that thought led to strange places.

Transformer: The TSCHE-CHU-CHU-CHU-TSCHE

History
The Transformers are simultaneously the youngest supernatural race on Earth and the oldest. The transformers currently on Earth have only been active since 1984, when a volcanic eruption awoke them from stasis lock. This means that they lack the infrastructure and connections of older groups, which have been active for centuries. But they also lack the grudges that define those groups. However, most individual Cybertronians are millions of years old, and their race was ancient when they were young.

Cybertronians on Earth
Millions of years ago, the Autobot leader, Optimus Prime, set off for a world that was known to be rich in natural resources, which would give the Autobots a decisive advantage on the resource-depleted Cybertron. He was followed by Megatron, who somehow discovered his plan and wanted this planet's resources for himself. Two great ships fought above the mysterious planet. The Decepticon ship was damaged and crashed into the waters of the planet. The surviving Decepticons boarded the autobot ship and fought their enemies hand to hand, until the Autoboy ship crashed into a volcano.

The Transformers awoke in 1984, to find the planet overrun by tool using primates and other, stranger things. To hide their existance, they took on the forms of common machines. To this day, they live among us in secret, continuing to wage their war.

Special Rules

Blood - The liquid energon that flows through a transformer's body is extremely potent and somewhat unstable. It is unlikely that a vampire would be able to bite though a transformer's metal skin and even less likely that he'd be able to successfully find a vein in the middle of combat. In any case, a single drop of goner will completely fill any vampire's blood pool at the cost of causing two boxes of aggravated damage to the vampire that imbibes it. This damage cannot be resisted, even with Fortitude.

Powers - Transformers are living machines. As such, they are immune to both technopathic powers that affect unintelligent machines and to biology manipulation powers that effect living beings. However, they are still vulnerable to mind control and soul manipulation effects as if they were a mortal human.

Delerium - Transformers are completely immune to Delerium.

Possession - Tansformers can be possessed, just like mortal humans. A dying Transformer can become host to a Demon.

Numbers

Transformers are the least populous race on Earth. There are less than 500 of them worldwide, split between two factions. Subfactions rarely have more than 5 members.

Becoming a Transformer
Most Transformers are created in factories on Cybertron and brought to life by the supercomputer Vector Sigma. However, to suppliment their numbers of Earth, the Autobots developed the -Master processes. A human being may be converted into a transformer of the Headmaster, Targetmaster, Powermaster, or Micromaster class by replacing most of his body with cybernetics. Headmasters and Powermasters are usually paired with a full-sized Transformer, but may be given mindless Transector bodies to control, instead.

Life as a Transformer

A Transformer's life on Earth is one of constant warfare. There are no civilian Transformers, just soldiers. The small number of transformers means that the chain of command tends to be fluid. Each leader can directly command his troops, and both do so. The average fights a major battle every weekday.
Last edited by hyzmarca on Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Sort of already been done. A writer by the name of Amanda Flowers wrote up ST rules for Beast Wars. There are your rules at least, you'd need to do some integration with the rest of WoD, as you've started, though.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
erik
King

Post by erik »

I was thinking Transformers would just be Golems with an alternate form that is an object (vehicles being a common choice in this modern age).

Golem : Objects in Disguise
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Wouldn't Golem: the Transformation be closer to the naming scheme of White Wolf's books?
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

What about Golem: The Masquerade?
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Prak wrote:What about Golem: The Masquerade?
Vampire already took that subtitle.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Yeah, but it's so perfect for Transformers..

name_here
Prince

Post by name_here »

I suppose Golem: The Disguise is insufficiently pretentious.
DSMatticus wrote:It's not just that everything you say is stupid, but that they are Gordian knots of stupid that leave me completely bewildered as to where to even begin. After hearing you speak Alexander the Great would stab you and triumphantly declare the puzzle solved.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Golem: The Obfuscation?

Shrieking Banshee
Journeyman

Post by Shrieking Banshee »

Golem: The merchandising
Zaranthan
Knight-Baron

Post by Zaranthan »

Golem: the Beguiling
Koumei wrote:...is the dead guy posthumously at fault for his own death and, due to the felony murder law, his own murderer?
hyzmarca wrote:A palace made out of poop is much more impressive than one made out of gold. Stinkier, but more impressive. One is an ostentatious display of wealth. The other is a miraculous engineering feat.
shau
Knight-Baron

Post by shau »

Golem: the Mas-car-ade.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Robots: in Disguise
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Shrieking Banshee wrote:Golem: The merchandising
Should they recover Willpower or something when they sell toys of themselves?

OOH It could work like Faith in Down: to FuckDemon: the Fallen

Mord
Knight-Baron

Post by Mord »

Y'all might be interested in looking at ACE Agents if you want a system that has mechanical effects for moichandising.
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

Golem: the Facade
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
Shrieking Banshee
Journeyman

Post by Shrieking Banshee »

Or how about

Van-pire: The Raddening! *Guitar Riff*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDdlUUHvHs0
Leress
Prince

Post by Leress »

Shrieking Banshee wrote:Or how about

Oh god that shitty-ass show. I try all the time to forget that.
Koumei wrote:I'm just glad that Jill Stein stayed true to her homeopathic principles by trying to win with .2% of the vote. She just hasn't diluted it enough!
Koumei wrote:I am disappointed in Santorum: he should carry his dead election campaign to term!
Just a heads up... Your post is pregnant... When you miss that many periods it's just a given.
I want him to tongue-punch my box.
]
The divine in me says the divine in you should go fuck itself.
hyzmarca
Prince

Post by hyzmarca »

Shrieking Banshee wrote:Or how about

Ghoulish Mechanisms (5 Dot Merit)
Your blood is unusually potent, so much much so that it can empower things that were never actually alive. You may ghoul any machine that burns fuel by feeding your blood into its fuel intake. Ghouled machines possess raw animal cunning and are able to operate themselves, but are not intelligent.