Seven Hundred and Twenty Hours

Stories about games that you run and/or have played in.

Moderator: Moderators

Hicks
Duke

Seven Hundred and Twenty Hours

Post by Hicks »

Hexcrawl the Stars
This is the Free Trader Beowulf, calling anyone ...
Mayday, Mayday ...
we are under attack ...
main drive is gone ...
turret number one not responding ...
Mayday ...
losing cabin pressure fast ...
calling anyone ...
please help ...
This is Free Trader Beowulf ...
Mayday ..

This sample map is too small for my tastes, so my game uses one 16 times bigger and prettier.
So. I'm GMing a Mongoose Traveller (1st edition) game on roll20.net. THE DISCORD IS HERE. Traveller is a far future space table top roleplaying hexcrawler, and this is the open invite. I have an absolutely massive sector map and worked for... 19(?) hours to make an Excell file that parses the 12 pages of coded world's you can explore and adventure through.

This is an open invite to be a player at nearly anytime I have access to a computer; PM me on Discord if you're game. Attached are the campaign's 12 page pdf of sector worlds and a custom Excel file that can quickly expand and explain them. I can help with character creation questions and access to rulebooks. If you're interested, come on over to Roll20 so i can set up a character sheet for you; I look foreward to seeing how you manage to scrape enough credits together for your ship to not fall apart for the next seven hundred and twenty hours.
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd
shadzar wrote:those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.
Lokathor wrote:Anything worth sniffing can't be sniffed
Stuff I've Made
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

As a small update we are now in session 4. Enderminion has been exiled from 2 of the 3 systems he has visited. Mostly for doing violent things in secure places. In the first sesion he took a job to blow up a cargo hauler. So he bought some plastic explosive and went to the downport to catch a spider going up the beanstalk to the 1MdT vessel in orbit. He, uh... he didn't make it past the first security checkpoint. The law roll said he would be randomly searched and he flubbed his stealth roll to hide his weapons, so he took his cutlass and stabbed the TSA guard. Then he resists arrest and starts a retreating gunfight back through the concourse to the grav busses to make his escape. And that's when 4 (1d6) SWAT finally arrive on the scene to contain him. Enderminion hopped from one debarcation gate to another searching for a getaway vehicle, but when he finally found the grav bus we other found out he didn't have the ability to pilot or hot wire it. Undeterred, enderminion jumped down to the tarmac and commendeered an airport baggage tractor with luggage carts still attached and gunned the tractor as fast as its governor would let it. Then he was hit by automatic fire from the SWAT and decided to surrender. The verdict was swift: guilty of attempted murder, and he elected to suffer exile in Lieu of 2d6 years imprisonment. He was remanded to the custody of Shipbreaker, but his story is for another post.
"Besides, my strong, cult like faith in the colon of the cards allows me to pull whatever I need out of my posterior!"
-Kid Radd
shadzar wrote:those training harder get more, and training less, don't get the more.
Stuff I've Made
Hicks
Duke

Post by Hicks »

So in session 2 Shipbreaker enters the scene, an alien hiver (kinda like a 5 tentacled starfish with 5 fingers on each tentacle and 5 eyes on one set if fingers). Anyhoo, Shipbreaker's player really didn't like the idea of paying a mortgage for 40 years to have a working starship, so he elected to get a discount on an old clunker; a 1d6% decrease in ship cost per 10 years of service, all for a roll on the ship aging table with most entries having negative effects. He rolled 34 times. Now Shipbreaker is a savant pilot with a +6 bonus on a 2d6 RNG where 8+ is a success, so naturally the 340 year old rust bucket has a -6 penalty to thrusters. Its -8 penalty to sensors means no matter where they look it's always snowing. It has a -2 to repair and though the computers hold 2 fantastic treasures if secret information, it is twice over corrupted with immaculate information. It is haunted by psychic ghosts... 5 times.

But much to the amazement of the bonyard orbit's manager, Shipbreaker did manage to pilot it out, and the little hiver that could earned 5c for taking the haunted vessel of his hands. Shipbreaker, short on funds for refined jump fuel, tried to make a water landing and sail his spaceship into a sea port. 5 days later the onboard refineries have topped off their tanks, enderminion is in his custody, and the newly hired astrogator/comms NPC Penny on board, Shipbreaker attempted the lift off the planet's surface. And failed.

A crew hit was rolled and Penny was selected to take the first fuck up of the ghost ship straight to her face. She barely lived, but he then managed to make orbit and travel uneventfully to the 100 diameter jump limit for Midro. 148+6d6 hours trapped in a pocket nightmare dimension of screaming terror, compleatly cut off from the rest of the universe, the party arrives at the Chamineho system, an even more oppressive hell hole that the party fears more than the last week trapped in a psychic ghost ship.
-Kid Radd
Stuff I've Made
Whipstitch
Prince

Post by Whipstitch »

FYI, I think this is pretty cool.
bears fall, everyone dies