Current owner of Judges Guild is a Neo-Nazi

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Libertad
Duke

Current owner of Judges Guild is a Neo-Nazi

Post by Libertad »

So this has been making the rounds on various tabletop gaming sites.

And people already asked, but this is not a case of a profile being hacked or an impersonator. Several people involved contacted the owner who more or less confirmed that his bigoted posts on Facebook are things he believes and supports.

For those not in the know, Judges Guild is one of the oldest tabletop gaming publishing companies. In fact they were the first third-party company to make gaming products, notably the City-State of the Invincible Overlord for D&D. They are still an active company, doing much the same as they did in the past.

The owner of Bat in the Attic Games was a former writer and business partner of JG, who while browsing his social media feeds came upon some disturbing posts by Robert Bledsaw II and his son.

Bat in the Attic would not be the only ones to cut ties. Various other writers and companies followed suit, such as Frog God Games who was working on an edition update of Invincible Overlord.

Furthermore, all of Judges Guild content on DriveThruRPG has been taken off of the site.

And for those who cannot access the aforementioned links for whatever reason, Robert Bledsaw (and also his son) were extremely, overtly hateful. Not in the crypto-fascism dogwhistle kind, either. Also misogynistic posts, but that comes with the territory. Here's a few below. I'll SPOILER the comments in case they're the kind of thing that can ruin your day:

Edit: And here are FB posts by the man's son:

Last edited by Libertad on Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:57 am, edited 5 times in total.
The Adventurer's Almanac
Duke

Post by The Adventurer's Almanac »

Wow, people still post that shit on Facebook?
Why?
Mask_De_H
Duke

Post by Mask_De_H »

The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:Wow, people still post that shit on Facebook?
Why?
Some people don't seem to grasp that people outside of their bubble can see the shit they post on social media.
FrankTrollman wrote: Halfling women, as I'm sure you are aware, combine all the "fun" parts of pedophilia without any of the disturbing, illegal, or immoral parts.
K wrote:That being said, the usefulness of airships for society is still transporting cargo because it's an option that doesn't require a powerful wizard to show up for work on time instead of blowing the day in his harem of extraplanar sex demons/angels.
Chamomile wrote: See, it's because K's belief in leaving generation of individual monsters to GMs makes him Chaotic, whereas Frank's belief in the easier usability of monsters pre-generated by game designers makes him Lawful, and clearly these philosophies are so irreconcilable as to be best represented as fundamentally opposed metaphysical forces.
Whipstitch wrote:You're on a mad quest, dude. I'd sooner bet on Zeus getting bored and letting Sisyphus put down the fucking rock.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Mask_De_H wrote:
The Adventurer's Almanac wrote:Wow, people still post that shit on Facebook?
Why?
Some people don't seem to grasp that people outside of their bubble can see the shit they post on social media.
Well, if you don't make your posts private.

Wow, before I clicked over to the first link, I was expecting something more... subtle? Really waving his white supremacist asshole out there, ain't there?
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
Wumpus
NPC

Post by Wumpus »

Well that's classy. I thought I only had to put up with this sort of crap when visiting the inlaws
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

It has been a long time since Judges' Guild was relevant. But it's sad to see neo-Nazis fucking its corpse in the same way it's sad to see neo-Nazi edgelords fuck White Wolf's corpse.

-Username17
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

It's so irrelevant I had to look them up to see if I unknowingly had any of their stuff, because I didn't fucking know off the top of my head.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
DrPraetor
Duke

Post by DrPraetor »

To be clear, Bob Bledsaw I was himself just some rando who has the foresight to publish his home D&D setting, while his son is (some rando)^2 who was licensing the old material and also wants us to know that Santa owned slaves?

Anyhoo, if you do have fuzzy feelings for Bledsaw's 70s stuff, there's no reason to think he's a Nazi (although he might have been a bad parent.)
Chaosium rules are made of unicorn pubic hair and cancer. --AncientH
When you talk, all I can hear is "DunningKruger" over and over again like you were a god damn Pokemon. --Username17
Fuck off with the pony murder shit. --Grek
Count Arioch the 28th
King

Post by Count Arioch the 28th »

Yeah, this went in an entirely different way than expected. Usually when someone calls someone else a Nazi, they mean "someone who disagrees slightly with something I believe in". Kind of surprised that this time there was actual, blatant racism.

Then again, I have run across quite a few 14/88's and double lightning bolts on different dating profiles so I guess the fact that such people exist shouldn't shock me.
In this moment, I am Ur-phoric. Not because of any phony god’s blessing. But because, I am enlightened by my int score.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

Wonder what that guy thinks of Trump-Netanyahu relations and Bernie's stance on Israel-Palestine
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

OgreBattle wrote:Wonder what that guy thinks of Trump-Netanyahu relations and Bernie's stance on Israel-Palestine
I assume he's pro-Trump and anti-Bernie, since he seems to believe that everyone he likes is at best a fake Jew and everyone he hates is secretly Jewish even if they are demonstrably Christian or Atheist or whatever. Once you start seeing secret Jews everywhere, it's completely trivial to excuse nominally pro-Israeli actions by people who are otherwise racist, and equally trivial to wave away anti-Israeli statements by people who are otherwise anti-racism.

That and Sanders is literally a Jew. Bledsaw II probably has absolutely no problem deciding that everything Sanders says that doesn't fit with how Bledsaw II thinks the Jewish conspiracy works is a Jewish lie.

People who are that far gone are essentially impervious to evidence.

-Username17
ETortoise
Master

Post by ETortoise »

It’s also worth noting that Netanyahu’s conception of Israel is pretty compatible with the worldview of antsemites and white nationalists. Netanyahu has good relations with politicians like Viktor Orban and even helped Orban’s party craft antisemetic propaganda to use against George Soros. Fundamentally Likud would love if all of Europe’s Jewish population moved to Israel; a goal that’s not incompatible with the aims of ethnonationalists.
Libertad
Duke

Post by Libertad »

There's a small but noticeable amount of white supremacists who are "pro-Israel" only insofar as they like the idea of turning the country into a dumping ground for the international Jewish population. The whole "make things scary enough for them that they flee the country" is well within the means of wanting to secure an all-white ethnostate.

And I edited the OP to include images of Bledsaw III's posts in addition to the father's. In case there's doubt against the apple falling far from the tree or not.
FrankTrollman wrote:It has been a long time since Judges' Guild was relevant. But it's sad to see neo-Nazis fucking its corpse in the same way it's sad to see neo-Nazi edgelords fuck White Wolf's corpse.

-Username17
The tabletop industry has more fascists in it than the space program.
Last edited by Libertad on Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

There anything owned by fanatical tankies?

A Cthulhu RPG shipment got canceled because the Chinese manufacturer noticed it had photos from the cultural revolution or something
Libertad
Duke

Post by Libertad »

OgreBattle wrote:There anything owned by fanatical tankies?

A Cthulhu RPG shipment got canceled because the Chinese manufacturer noticed it had photos from the cultural revolution or something
It's a possibility, but that kind of political strain doesn't really hold up in Western nerd culture to the extent that the alt-right does. A lot of far-left SJW self-publishers tend to hew left in regards to subjects like LGBT rights, ending the war on drugs, sex work, etc. Tankies in my experience end up hewing socially conservative as a means of rationalizing right-wing social policies of the Soviet Union and the like which more or less took the opposite stances.

As for said Cthulhu RPG supplement, you're thinking of the Sassoon Files. It was actually put together by some CoC fans in mainland China from what I recall. When talking about the history of said country in the 1930s they had a picture of the Taiwanese flag when discussing Kuomintang nationalists, which is what I think caused their books to get pulped.

I once considered reviewing that along with Harlem Unbound; I figured that it would be interesting in seeing attempts at "de-racisted" Cthulhu Mythos with the aforementioned cultures written by people with direct experience.* But overall Call of Cthulhu as a system and setting doesn't really wow me in the same way that other games do, so I put them on the back-burner.

*Unlike Secrets of Japan which IRC was a poorly-researched weeaboo tract.
Last edited by Libertad on Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

The Sassoon Files was put together by some sinophiles and the precise reason for the PRC deciding it needed to be burnt has not to my knowledge ever been made clear. I suspect it has to do with the fact that one of the sections involves the player characters working for Zhou Enlai in a demon hunting capacity, and someone felt that this did not put Zhou Enlai in the appropriate historical narrative. But it could be anything really. Up to and including a government censor having poor English skills and ascribing meaning to a portion that factually wasn't there.

-Username17
Libertad
Duke

Post by Libertad »

More news continues.

First off, Goodman Games (another former business partner) releases a statement that they will no longer be working with them:

https://goodman-games.com/blog/2020/02/ ... ges-guild/

And the aforementioned Neo-Nazi Bob Bledsaw II makes an official statement on the Judges' Guild Facebook profile to "clear the matter" on his views:

https://www.facebook.com/judgesguild/po ... 6892751913

In case it's taken down here's a copy-pasta:
A Private Message from Bob II

Regarding Recent Accusations - to Help People Better Understand the Personal Views of the Owner:

I Have Traditional Christian values. My family crest attests to 3 European Crusades, and I regard that as a calling. That means I am pro-life, anti-gay, and against self-mutilation.
I believe we are all God's Children, and hold a compassion for everyone.
I am not their judge, and judging the morals of others is Not my job.
I have my Views and unless asked, or in my home, I keep them to myself.
I keep my personal views out of my professional life.
I respect people based on their behavior, not what they are, or think they are.

That could be why people can be surprised or offended.
In my opinion, they cannot expect everyone to agree with them.
Social Morals do not change overnight, and progressives must not expect them to.
I do not expect to change the view or other, and I do not try because that is not my job.
I believe in Free Speach: I understand that being offended comes with that freedom.

I apply the Golden Rule, and treat others as I would wish to be treated.
My family fought the Revolution; the two Rutledges who drafted and Signed the Constitution
and Delcaration of Independence, so I do take American Politics personally.
Being a peace-loving person, I do not own a gun, but I would never give up my right to get one.
I stand against corruption in high places and No Country should be above question, or be feeding off ours.
Politically, I am an Independent Libertarian. I Voted for Perot, and Paul, but do support what Trump has managed to do for America, despite being labeled Hitler.
I do believe the Media is Controlled in America by Leftists and Zionists, but I do not Hate them. I hate what they do.

I do have relatives and friends in Government with Top Secret Clearances.
Prior to 9/11 I also did some private work for the Government, no tin-foil here. Today's Conspiracy often proves to be Tomorrow's Truth. Mud is everywhere, and they revel in getting us to throw it on each other.
I have never been one to chase money: I lost my belongings in an explosion in 1974 at age 12, so what is dear to me hold sentimental value, not material. I have been homeless before, and slept nights in cornfields and under bridges, but never begged or stole to feed myself. I know what being down is like and exhibit a given nature because of that experience.
I am not interested in money and my intention here should not be construed that way. I consider myself an artist by nature.

My goal here has always been to keep the works of the Guild alive and in reach of the public, because I consider those I grew up with to be family. If you have helped me, I consider you like a brother. We will not always get along, but I will love you regardless, because you helped me once.
I live a very humble personal life on very little income.
Am I a perfect Person? No, but I am the first to admit it. I do not Lord over others, anywhere.

I raised 6 Children with those values, but as they are now adults, I respect their choosing their own way.
I think All Paths Lead eventually to God, and there is good to be found in All People and Religions, I have studied several of them.

I have been accused of being a Racist. I am not. I have made and keep friends of all races.
I am not pure white; being part Cherokee, Dutch, and Romanian. My family came to America in 1643,
and by 1665 owned Slaves, sold to us by Jewish Slave Merchants. I personally would not own
anyone... All God's Children.
When they first started bussing blacks to my school in the 60's, two were introduced to my class, Renee and Tony. I was the first white boy to make friends with Tony, and we are still friends to this day. We shared Elementary and High School years together. He knows I do not hate blacks, but knows I am just as capable of racial humor as he is.

My ancestors' slave-ownership eventually surfaced in my life. I was contacted by a black female Bledsoe seeking history of her ancestry. I provided her with what documents I had, wills and deeds bearing the names of her forefathers.

She lives in Texas, where following the Civil War, a group of my relatives migrated, wishing to hold the investment held in their slaves. It was personally chilling for me to read in those documents where the daughters of one slave was to be given to one, and the sons of the same slave be given to another family member... the idea that children be separated so, as was common then, bothered me a lot because I have 6 children on my own. The woman informed me that the reason they kept our family name was because my ancestors treated them well, and with kindness, allowing them to receive Christian learning. Do I feel shame for the actions of my ancestors? No. My ancestors walked in a different time.

Do I feel a kinship with the Black Bledsoes? Yes. We share a common bond, of having walked together in that time. My home is open to them, as it is to all people. That does not sound very racist.

I have been also accused here of being Anti-Semitic. The answer to this is more complex because it addresses both Race and Religion. As for Race, I have and keep friends who are Jewish; as I stated, we are All Children of God, but I am not a Zionist, nor do I believe they are any better than anyone else. I have worked for Jewish Causes several times, and donate yearly to MDA, which benefits Ashkenazim Jews. As for the religious aspect, I do not believe in Judaeo-Christianity.

As I said, I am a Traditional Christian, therefore I embrace one or the other. My views do not come from studying the Scriptures from Hebrew, but from the original Aramaic. I do not believe Christ was a Jew, but I do not expect
others to hold that opinion. I suggest they study the Books of Moses in Aramaic, as it was the language of Christ, and would give them a different perspective. I will always oppose things which to me seem anti-Christian, but I have friends of many faiths, and Love them all as brothers. I do not try to change them.

I state these things with a sincere heart, and know that in today's world it is easy to label and pigeon-hole people. I hold no grudges and wish to be friends with everyone. I ask for your understanding, but not for your forgiveness. I am truly sorry for offending anyone, as I have never tried to single any individual out. I will in future try to be more sensitive, but in this social climate I walk on a lot of eggshells. The living DNA in me scaled walls of castles with an axe, fired muskets against the King's Army, and fought in most every war America has ever had. I am a Proud Boomer, and I do hold my tongue more that one thinks.

Sincerely - Bob Bledsaw II
Also someone on RPGnet found this in the comments section:

Last edited by Libertad on Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:33 am, edited 3 times in total.
ETortoise
Master

Post by ETortoise »

I feel there are a lot of dog whistles in the section on anti-semitism that I’m missing. Though I suppose I should be thankful I don’t have enough of a grounding in (I’m assuming) Christian identity extremism to understand them.
infinitederpgeneration
NPC

Post by infinitederpgeneration »

ETortoise wrote:I feel there are a lot of dog whistles in the section on anti-semitism that I’m missing. Though I suppose I should be thankful I don’t have enough of a grounding in (I’m assuming) Christian identity extremism to understand them.
I can point out a few.
I stand against corruption in high places and No Country should be above question, or be feeding off ours.
"Israel is feeding off of us and should be criticized."
I do believe the Media is Controlled in America by Leftists and Zionists, but I do not Hate them. I hate what they do.
"The Jews control the media and I absolutely hate them."
Prior to 9/11 I also did some private work for the Government, no tin-foil here. Today's Conspiracy often proves to be Tomorrow's Truth. Mud is everywhere, and they revel in getting us to throw it on each other.
"Jewish conspiracies are real!"
My family came to America in 1643,
and by 1665 owned Slaves, sold to us by Jewish Slave Merchants.
"Those damn Jews are slave merchants!"
I have been also accused here of being Anti-Semitic. The answer to this is more complex because it addresses both Race and Religion.
"I cannot just say that I do not hate Jews."
but I am not a Zionist, nor do I believe they are any better than anyone else.
"When talking about millions of Jewish people I bring up Zionism as a matter of course, do not look deeply into that please."
I do not believe Christ was a Jew
"Them Jews lie about Jesus!"
I will always oppose things which to me seem anti-Christian
"I will always oppose Jews."
I am a Proud Boomer, and I do hold my tongue more that one thinks.
"I am old and it annoys me how little racism I can publicly get away with now."

Jesus Christ that was a lot of nazi nonsense. I might have even missed something.
Libertad
Duke

Post by Libertad »

One more thing: the Pentateuch is another name for the Jewish Torah. Aramaic was not the original language it was written in, but rather a language it was later translated to according to Wikipedia. It was originally written in Hebrew.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torah#Torah_translations
OgreBattle
King

Post by OgreBattle »

The PRC's been more sensitive than usual with Republic of China flags. A movie about the RoC troopers that died fighting Japanese invaders got cancelled, 10 years ago that would've been OK to show.
Koumei
Serious Badass

Post by Koumei »

Hang on a minute, he said he's a Christian but is against self-mutilation. Aren't Christian men required to cut a bit of their dick off to show how much they love their god? I thought that was as important as the war over the Jesus Wafer.
Last edited by Koumei on Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Whatever
Prince

Post by Whatever »

A few more dog whistles that stood out in the other sections:
My family crest attests to 3 European Crusades, and I regard that as a calling.
Holy shit where do I even begin. This one should be self explanatory
That means I am pro-life, anti-gay, and against self-mutilation.
"self-mutilation" better known as circumcision.
I respect people based on their behavior, not what they are, or think they are.
Emphasis mine.
transphobic and possible also anti-semitic
I am not pure white; being part Cherokee, Dutch, and Romanian.
Talking about white "purity" isn't even a dog whistle, tbh
He knows I do not hate blacks, but knows I am just as capable of racial humor as he is.
"I use a different word for them in private"

And the whole thing where he thinks Christianity did not start out as a Jewish sect is ahistorical, and runs against everything any mainstream Christian will tell you. You don't get there without wanting to believe that your religion isn't tainted by Jews.
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

Koumei wrote:Hang on a minute, he said he's a Christian but is against self-mutilation. Aren't Christian men required to cut a bit of their dick off to show how much they love their god? I thought that was as important as the war over the Jesus Wafer.
Technically, no. A lot of christians still circumcise their babies, but it is not required.

Username17
Serious Badass

Post by Username17 »

Koumei wrote:Hang on a minute, he said he's a Christian but is against self-mutilation. Aren't Christian men required to cut a bit of their dick off to show how much they love their god? I thought that was as important as the war over the Jesus Wafer.
Dick cutting is biblical, so there is black and white scripture saying that you have to cut the dick of baby boys for Christians, Muslims, and Jews. However, Christians mostly decided that they didn't want to do it anymore and mumble mumble something something unclean meat. Then a lot of American Christian sects started doing it again quite recently (latter part of the 1800s) for no real reason - a fad which is wearing off surprisingly slowly for something that involves stabbing boy children in the dick.

So in Europe, have a circumcized penis mostly means that you're a Muslim or a Jew, but in the US it's just very common regardless of religious orientation. But it's slipping, and in the last decade circumcision has dropped below 60% in the US.

That Bledsaw even mentions it means that based on his age he was probably circumcized as an infant and has since decided that this was a Jewish plot rather than a medical fad popularized by quite Christian quacks in the late 19th century that just hasn't gone away for no real reason.

-Username17