High 5e: Review Resource & Request Thread

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

pragma
Knight-Baron

Re: High 5e: Review Resource & Request Thread

Post by pragma »

I'm curious about Blue Rose. It made a splash back in it's day, and I'm curious how/whether the authors address the marketing blurb's claim that "adventure and romance await!"
Libertad
Duke

Post by Libertad »

pragma wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:04 pm
I'm curious about Blue Rose. It made a splash back in it's day, and I'm curious how/whether the authors address the marketing blurb's claim that "adventure and romance await!"
I may do this as a mini-review. In reading both the 5e and AGE version I discovered that a lot of the fluff text is word for word the same. That comprises the first two-thirds of the 5e sourcebook, with the last third rules. There's been others out there who have done extensive Let's Reads on AGE and the setting as a whole, so I will most likely link to those and review the mechanics. Apologies if people were eager to see my own take on the world, although I feel that I may be treading well-trodden ground by that point.

Additionally...

Recently did a huge update of the thread, editing all the books posted here and linked reviews into the OP for easier reference. We now have 44 entries (46 if we count two-parter books) and 16 reviews!

It's been a year and two months since I started this idea. Barring a delay or two I'm still going strong, and I'm proud of the work put into this. To everyone who's been following along, thank you for your continued interest!
Libertad
Duke

Post by Libertad »

Brancalonia and Blue Rose are done (Review links in the OP).

Don't know what I'll review next, but will probably be the Spheres system books or Eat the Rich series.