Welcome Back!

Practice posts and questions about the boards. The registration code for this board is 'Th3G@m|ngD3n' (Note the use of numbers and symbols!)

Moderator: Moderators

Koumei
Serious Badass

Re: Welcome Back!

Post by Koumei »

I have started doing that now, but I barely remember to preview to make sure I haven't fucked my tags most of the time. Which is more of a necessity with the changes to table formatting.
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

If you are going to IP ban IPs, can you at least make the error clearly say that so I can troubleshoot?

"Not Acceptable!

An appropriate representation of the requested resource could not be found on this server. This error was generated by Mod_Security."

Doesn't make any sense as an IP ban alert.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Beroli
Prince

Post by Beroli »

I can't see the In the Trenches forum.

I can see every other forum (as you can see from the fact that I'm posting in this one). I can see the individual threads in In the Trenches if I go straight to a URL for one of them that I already have. But clicking on In the Trenches gets me, "The requested page could not be found."
gatorized
NPC

Post by gatorized »

So were you guys planning on doing anything about the spam clogging up the forum or nah
Queen of Swords
Prince

Post by Queen of Swords »

Beroli wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 12:45 am

I can see every other forum (as you can see from the fact that I'm posting in this one). I can see the individual threads in In the Trenches if I go straight to a URL for one of them that I already have. But clicking on In the Trenches gets me, "The requested page could not be found."
This has been happening to me for a few days now.
JourneymanN00b
Prince

Post by JourneymanN00b »

Beroli wrote:

This problem has been frequently popping up in the last several days now. I have had to be creative in order to update the Let's Play thread that I am currently running.
Say No To Fascism. The left is the one true way to go.
deaddmwalking
Prince

Post by deaddmwalking »

JourneymanN00b wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:24 pm
Beroli wrote:

This problem has been frequently popping up in the last several days now. I have had to be creative in order to update the Let's Play thread that I am currently running.
Do you mind trying a different browser (assuming you have one) and/or clearing your cache and trying again? It's not a problem that I've seen for myself and it could be an issue with the boards, but before I try to ping Zherog figured we could see if there's any chance it's something that's controlled by your local machine?
-This space intentionally left blank
JourneymanN00b
Prince

Post by JourneymanN00b »

deaddmwalking wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:48 pm
JourneymanN00b wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:24 pm
Beroli wrote:

Do you mind trying a different browser (assuming you have one) and/or clearing your cache and trying again? It's not a problem that I've seen for myself and it could be an issue with the boards, but before I try to ping Zherog figured we could see if there's any chance it's something that's controlled by your local machine?
I have tried two different browsers on my computer (Microsoft edge and google chrome) as well as Safari on my mobile. The problem occurs in all 3 settings.
deaddmwalking
Prince

Post by deaddmwalking »

I want to say great, but obviously it's not. The fact that it's repeatable across browsers means it should be something that can be investigated and hopefully solved.
deaddmwalking
Prince

Post by deaddmwalking »

Zherog has been alerted. I don’t know how long it will take for him to figure something out, but I know he's aware and will do what he can.

Edit - If it helps Link to [Let's Play] Fighting Fantasy 69 – Crystal of Storms.

Zherog is smarter than me but it occurs to me to ask - when you're logged out can you see the 'In the Trenches' forum?
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

deaddmwalking wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:52 am
Zherog is smarter than me but it occurs to me to ask - when you're logged out can you see the 'In the Trenches' forum?
I don't know about that. *shrug*

I did a "resynchronize" on the forum. I don't expect that will actually do anything, but I figure it wouldn't hurt.

I also used my admin power to "login with JourneymanN00b's permissions". And when I did, I could see In the Trenches in the forum listing, and I could navigate to it. So my own question for JourneymanN00b: You literally don't see the forum at all? You just see It's My Own Invention as the forum after I Gave the Mouse a Cookie?
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
JourneymanN00b
Prince

Post by JourneymanN00b »

I can see the "In the Trenches" forum in the main section (both when I am logged in and logged out), but when I click it, I get redirected to a link with the address http: //www.tgdmb.com/phpBB3/500.shtml with the "The requested page could not be found." error, which occurs when I am logged in and logged out.
deaddmwalking
Prince

Post by deaddmwalking »

JourneymanN00b wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:43 pm
I can see the "In the Trenches" forum in the main section (both when I am logged in and logged out), but when I click it, I get redirected to a link with the address http: //www.tgdmb.com/phpBB3/500.shtml with the "The requested page could not be found." error, which occurs when I am logged in and logged out.
Having issues pasting what I want to show. What happens if you replace the 500.html with: viewforum.php?f=3
JourneymanN00b
Prince

Post by JourneymanN00b »

deaddmwalking wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:56 pm
JourneymanN00b wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:43 pm
Having issues pasting what I want to show. What happens if you replace the 500.html with: viewforum.php?f=3
I get redirected to the "The requested page could not be found." error page.
Thaluikhain
King

Post by Thaluikhain »

I had a similar problem when accessing the forum index for a bit, but cleared up a day or two ago.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

Journeyman - If you hover your mouse over "In the Trenches", what do you see at the bottom-left of the screen? It should show you the URL there that click a link will go to.

Do you have any plug-ins or other changes to your browsers that could alter a URL for some reason? Or even other programs on your computer? (Though it's unlikely, since it also happens on your phone.)

I logged in with your permissions again, and clicking the link works as expected for me. So this is really baffling so far. That says to me that the issue is on your end. But the fact that it happens on two different devices with 3 browsers (as well as intermittently for others, too) says it's something on our end. Ugh!
You can't fix stupid.

"A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." ~ Jackie Robinson
JourneymanN00b
Prince

Post by JourneymanN00b »

I do not have any plugins or other add-ons on my browsers that could alter the URL, to my knowledge. This is what I see when I attempt to access the forums in all three settings, as of the time of this post.

On my computer on Edge: Clicking “In the Trenches” which has the address “www. tgdmb.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=3” takes me to the error page with the address “www. tgdmb.com/phpBB3/500.shtml”

On my computer on Chrome: Clicking “In the Trenches” which has the address “www. tgdmb.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=3&sid=f5d67a01d8a3a45bca5f74c36aa97550” takes me to the forums. Copying and pasting the shorter webpage address “www. tgdmb.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=3” sometimes gives me the forum, but other times it takes me to the error page.

On my phone on Safari: Clicking “In the Trenches” which has the address “www. tgdmb.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=3” takes me to the error page with the address “www. tgdmb.com/phpBB3/500.shtml”.

Hope that helps.
Zherog
Knight-Baron

Post by Zherog »

Thanks for the info, Journeyman.
You can't fix stupid.

Thaluikhain
King

Post by Thaluikhain »

I was getting what seemed to be the same error accessing the forum the other day. Oddly enough, it cleared up in most parts, but not this thread so I couldn't post about it until now. Using firefox.

EDIT: And it's back, trying to access the board index gets me to 500.shtml

But I can access my profile, and since this was one of my last posts, I can edit this.
JourneymanN00b
Prince

Post by JourneymanN00b »

I would also like to confirm that the problems are back, and that I have had to be creative when trying to access my latest Let's Play thread, as clicking on the link that the title connects to (which is http://www. tgdmb.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=58100) gives the error page that was previously referenced (http://www. tgdmb.com/phpBB3/500.shtml) as of the time of this post using Microsoft Edge.