Have there ever been good sex rules for D&D?

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

JonSetanta
King

Re: Have there ever been good sex rules for D&D?

Post by JonSetanta »

Not just you, TAA.

All the successful, long-running RPG campaigns I've played had elements of humor.

Those that weren't funny lasted maybe 1-2 sessions before I realized the Golden Rule again and again: no gaming is better than bad gaming.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Koumei wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:07 pm

Here's what you do: freeform it completely. Have mechanical incentives to seek out a bunch of sex.

This can be as simple as "it's been a dry week? -2 Morale Penalty on d20 rolls. Been laid in the last week? No modifier. Day after? +1 Morale Bonus, or +2 if you've been getting your steady five per day that doctors recommend*."

Or it can be complex like listing a bunch of challenges/achievements/goals, and tying rewards to them - Nymph's Kiss as a bonus feat for being more than kissed by a Nymph, Lich Loved as a bonus feat if they decide to do the vampire erotica thing, the Gnome/Dwarf bonus against Giants if they spend a lot of time getting stepped on by tall things? I dunno. Honestly, that could probably help with the comedy thing.
I was pondering lately about positive vs negative "rewards" in d20 and concluded that there really are no downsides in DND for NOT doing something, but rather for selecting certain paths.
I would not apply a negative mod to anything for being a virgin, incels, or just dry, but a bonus to saves or certain ability checks would be nice. Access to feats or learning new spells would be a better way to incentivise.
Goes right into "feat per level", plenty of room.

So, as for actual mechanics of this, I was going with Prak's "damage roll" as if your interaction were an attack.
Assume 100% accuracy.
A pool of FP would be best derived from ability scores themselves, rather than bonus, like in 4e at level 1.
You might have between 10-20 FP to start, and get more with the side-class advancement.
All FP damage dealt is also rolled and dealt to the "aggressor" so there is a chance of cumming first even though the "recipient" is doing nothing, but ideally you roll init then take turns rolling damage and using special abilities depending on your stats.

Hmm. Perhaps Saving Throws could be put to use, like half damage if you wish to last longer.
But ultimately, with 6 side-classes themed to different styles of damage or staus effects, there's a lot of variety.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Ideas:

1 side-class per ability score speciality (6)
1 ability per level
3 side-class levels
Improve in level for every 100 orgasms a character had. Or whatever.
1d6+bonus Fuck Points per minute, increasing to 1d8 then 1d10 with each level gain, dealt to Actor and Recipient
To reach orgasm: CON score in FP accrued, increase this amount by CON bonus at levels 2 and 3.

On second thought, aggressor and recipient is too hetero-focused.
I'll call the participants Actor and Recipient, changing or sharing roles according to player or NPC option per minute. You could have two Actors, or Actor and Recipient, or maybe even two Recipients somehow.
Or just one Recipient if using a toy, or one Actor targeting theirself.

Tension
As each minute passes in the act, Tension builds.
Add +1 Circumstance bonus to all FP rolls of that minute for each minute that passes to a maximum of +5.
Not sure if this is a good idea, might scrap it.

Sexpert Specialities: (slight changes)

STR - Beefmaster
Power On: double your STR bonus to all FP per minute.

DEX - Nimbler
Tease: Roll a 1d6. On a 5-6, double your FP for the minute. On a roll of 1, the Recipient LOSES what they would have gained in FP as you hit the wrong spot

CON - Tantric Devotee
Longlasting: Roll a 1d6. On 5-6, Actor doesn't accrue FP, but the Recipient does.

INT - Toymaster
Dildo: Actor does not accrue FP per minute but Recipient does with this item. (cheat!) This item may be Masterwork, adding +1 FP rolls, or even magical (with added multiple bonuses, and properties such as Ghost Touch for Incorporeals, Flaming for Dragons, Holy/Unholy, all adding "damage" to FP instead)

WIS - Empath
Share Feelings: Roll WIS check vs. Recipient's WIS bonus + 10. If successful, both partners may use the higher or lower of any rolls for that minute no matter who makes them.

CHA - The Mouther
Dirty Talk: Roll CHA check vs. Recipient's WIS bonus + 10. If successful, increase Tension by +2. This may be done within hearing range, without any physical contact.

Share your ideas!
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Prak, have you abandoned this endeavor?
Prak
Serious Badass

Post by Prak »

It was really just a passing thought to begin with, tbh. I'm definitely interested in something along the lines of usable, but comedic, sex rules for D&D, but it's not something I'm actively working on.
Cuz apparently I gotta break this down for you dense motherfuckers- I'm trans feminine nonbinary. My pronouns are they/them.
Winnah wrote:No, No. 'Prak' is actually a Thri Kreen impersonating a human and roleplaying himself as a D&D character. All hail our hidden insect overlords.
FrankTrollman wrote:In Soviet Russia, cosmic horror is the default state.

You should gain sanity for finding out that the problems of a region are because there are fucking monsters there.
JonSetanta
King

Post by JonSetanta »

Very well. I'll put this in the back of my mind, stew on it a bit, and make a new thread with the results.

I've been reconsidering the "class" aspect of it, maybe feats would work better, since there's really no point in a subclass progression if I can just increase the FP output based on stats and the number of Sexpert feats a character has.