Best Bulletproof Vests?

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

JourneymanN00b
Prince

Best Bulletproof Vests?

Post by JourneymanN00b »

Because of certain rulings by a fascist-leaning court, there will be protests and subsequently a higher risk of Neo-Nazi squads invading my humble home or threatening my life while I am carrying out my everyday nonviolent routine.

I currently possess a Kel-Tec RDB Defender, and Smith & Wesson Shield EZ .380, so I feel that I am sufficiently armed to stand an equal chance against any aggressors. However, I currently do not have a bulletproof vest, and I would like to acquire one in the near future, preferably one that is lightweight as possible. To be safe, I have to assume that bullets as lethal as .45 ACP ones could be heading my way. My first question is: Will NIJ level IIIA armor be sufficient? Or do I need to select heavier armor for the purpose?

Also, what are the best prices to get any bulletproof vests that you recommend? I have a $650 budget for this purpose, which should be enough to buy at least some popular level IIIA brands out there.

Any responses are appreciated.
Say No To Fascism. The left is the one true way to go.
Zaranthan
Knight-Baron

Re: Best Bulletproof Vests?

Post by Zaranthan »

There's a YouTube channel I follow. Wright and Fath certainly give Brian Blessed a run for his money when it comes to hamming it up, but they have actually been shot at by people trying to kill them, and have seen ballistic armor both succeed and fail to protect its wearer. If they stand behind this stuff, I believe them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUO-m70o-fE

4:31 for when they start talking about the IIIa, which the manufacturer's spokesman explicitly calls out as being able to withstand "a couple rounds" of 45 ACP.
Koumei wrote:...is the dead guy posthumously at fault for his own death and, due to the felony murder law, his own murderer?
hyzmarca wrote:A palace made out of poop is much more impressive than one made out of gold. Stinkier, but more impressive. One is an ostentatious display of wealth. The other is a miraculous engineering feat.
JourneymanN00b
Prince

Re: Best Bulletproof Vests?

Post by JourneymanN00b »

Thank you for the information. I'm leaning towards getting a IIIa concealable vest, and one of the first websites I found is selling them for $578.

https://www.spartanarmorsystems.com/spa ... ound-vest/

Is that a good price? Or is there a way to get a vest of that type at a cheaper price?
Say No To Fascism. The left is the one true way to go.