Climate Change

Mundane & Pointless Stuff I Must Share: The Off Topic Forum

Moderator: Moderators

Neo Phonelobster Prime
Knight

Re: Climate Change

Post by Neo Phonelobster Prime »

DeadDM!

That was YOU volunteering to explain and defend this quote!
GnomeWorks wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:15 am
Man was not meant to live like an ant. 15-minute cities are a fucking terrible idea, and I will not live in one.
I mean, you of all people wouldn't be just being a petulant little bitch and scratching for excuses to call posters you don't like poopy meanies.

If that quote is so meritorious it is above Kaelik and me... it's worth defending right? Worth even at the very least explaining?

That IS the hill you just decided to die on there after all. PLEASE go die on it for us. 15 minute cities paranoia is a genuine multi level gold mine.

And if ANYONE could die on the 15 minute cities are evil hill more thoroughly than Gnomeworks, it would be you...

... go on, white knight it, save Gnomeworks from the poopy meanies, actually follow through on this, only YOU can definitely explain why 15 minute city car prisons are out to get us better than anyone else!
- The rarely observed alternative timeline Phonelobster
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

Neo Phonelobster Prime wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:50 am
DeadDM!

Not really. Dead can barely (and will hardly) defend his own posts without immediately backpedalling out of the room, going quiet when it's given scrutiny, or posting articles hoping they won't be read. Unless it's dead telling poor people they should be more ok about being poor or grossly misunderstanding incentives you can count dead out of this one.
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.
Neo Phonelobster Prime
Knight

Well I believe in DeadDM. DeadDM would never side with an indefensible argument out of personal grievance and then just not follow through when called out. Never.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

I'm sure deadDM is very sympathetic to perfectly normal people who talk about the US teeming with refugees and then have their joy meanly stolen by Kaelik since deadDM thought it was very important that we have a Title 42 President who uses the totally over Covid as an excuse to turn away refugees.
DSMatticus wrote:Kaelik gonna kaelik. Whatcha gonna do?
The U.S. isn't a democracy and if you think it is, you are a rube.

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
Thaluikhain
King

Post by Thaluikhain »

deaddmwalking wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:15 am
When you come to the utterly sane position that participating in a thread with Kaelik and NPP is not worth your time, you should refrain from being baited back into the conversation.
When Kaelik and NPP are vehemently agreeing on something, and that something is about you being totally wrong, maybe you should stop and rethink.

Though, I'm also really curious as to what the problem with cities you can walk around in is.
Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:00 am
Will you casually name drop "Mud Flood" in the middle of a rant about the Wokerarti inserting minorities into Star Trek?
I'm not familiar with "Mud Flood" *googles*

Ah, I think I'll stick with sensible conspiracies, like the Shaver mystery.
violence in the media
Duke

Post by violence in the media »

I am not even googling whatever the conspiracy around "15-minute cities" is, because I don't want to spoil the childlike wonder I have in anticipation of discovering what is so wrong with them.

I am really looking forward to this story-time. So, if Gnome or Dead would get on writing something up, I'd appreciate it.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

violence in the media wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:58 am
I am not even googling whatever the conspiracy around "15-minute cities" is, because I don't want to spoil the childlike wonder I have in anticipation of discovering what is so wrong with them.

I am really looking forward to this story-time. So, if Gnome or Dead would get on writing something up, I'd appreciate it.
Unfortunately I could tell you the entire thing because it was covered on the War on Cars podcast like 3 days ago. (I knew it existed before that because of the protests, but had no idea what delusional thing they believed. Now I know what they believe too.)

That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.
deaddmwalking
Prince

Post by deaddmwalking »

Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:50 am
DeadDM!

GnomeWorks wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:15 am
Man was not meant to live like an ant. 15-minute cities are a fucking terrible idea, and I will not live in one.
I don't know what Gnomeworks means by that, and I don't actually care. So, no, I definitely decline your invitation to defend someone else's position.

I do care about the health and well being of posters here, even when I disagree with them. I have been involved in other conversations that were damaging to the mental well-being of Gnomeworks specifically, and if I'm not getting confused he stated that he struggles to avoid getting drawn in when he's upset or feeling attacked.
-This space intentionally left blank
Grek
Prince

Post by Grek »

Why are you all so god damn awful?
Chamomile wrote:Grek is a national treasure.
Neo Phonelobster Prime
Knight

deaddmwalking wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:10 pm
I do care about the health and well being of posters here
No you don't.

If you cared about Gnomeworks mental health you'd have learned enough about the 15 minutes cities conspiracy theory to know it's one of those threats to your personal mental health type conspiracy theories, like Q anon. And in fact, can be an entry point to Q anon (or just one of it's many branches for those already in Q anon).

edit: In fact if you cared or knew the first thing about mental health and conspiracies you would know encouraging someone to retreat into comfortable conspiracy to escape interaction with critical communities is the worst fucking thing you can do for their mental health you fucking fraud.
MGuy
Prince

Post by MGuy »

deaddmwalking wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:10 pm
I do care about the health and well being of posters here, even when I disagree with them.
I know it's asking a lot but you should take a few minutes to think about what you're doing. You insult two people for the perceived benefit of a single person because the person you're defending is being scrutinized for a thing they said. You do not know exactly what they said or what it means or how what was said might make other people feel but the idea you came up with was to attack two of the people (as opposed to all the people) scrutinizing their speech.

Why would the lie you come up with be that you're doing this because the person in question doesn't like 'feeling' attacked? I say lie because (outside of the fact that you have never apologized for any offensive thing you've said ever) the action you decided to take does not match the actions someone who legitimately concerned about someone in this situation would take. So concerned about a person you didn't even take the time to understand what they were saying?
The first rule of Fatclub. Don't Talk about Fatclub..
If you want a game modded right you have to mod it yourself.
Kaelik
ArchDemon of Rage

Post by Kaelik »

IPCC wrote:Warming levels of >4C may result from very high emissions scenarios, but can also occur from lower emissions scenarios if climate sensitivity or carbon cycle feedbacks are higher than est.
Love to watch the greatest mass murder in human history happen in slow motion because Exxon profits are too important.

Sir Neil
Knight-Baron

Post by Sir Neil »

Never heard of "15 minute cities" before. If the Wikipedia article is accurate, it seems fine. I've been to several military bases like that. Not having to drive to get everything done is pretty nice, and all that walking helps your fitness.

Listening to idiots arguing against climate change is very frustrating. Accepting for the sake of the argument that they're right about humans having no impact on weather :roll: , reducing pollution is valuable for its own sake. Who wants to breath smog?
Koumei wrote:If other sites had plenty of good homebrew stuff the Den wouldn't need to exist. We don't come here because we like each other.
Thaluikhain
King

Post by Thaluikhain »

Sir Neil wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:29 pm
Who wants to breath smog?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolling_coal
Sir Neil
Knight-Baron

Post by Sir Neil »

Oh, sorry. I forgot that Earth has people even stupider than my Alabama neighbors.
Koumei wrote:If other sites had plenty of good homebrew stuff the Den wouldn't need to exist. We don't come here because we like each other.