It's Electric! (Does D&D have a Pikachu?)

General questions, debates, and rants about RPGs

Moderator: Moderators

Koumei
Serious Badass

It's Electric! (Does D&D have a Pikachu?)

Post by Koumei »

No I don't mean the next post I make in Pokedex Redone, which will have every single pokemon that Boomer parents can name (ie Pikachu).

If we're looking at electric critters, I can name Storm Elementals, Blue Dragons, One Of The Metallic Dragons That Isn't Gold or Silver, and then weirdly a bunch of lizards (Shock Lizard, Behir, and IIRC the Calamari Cookbook introduced something that is a Shock Lizard that evolved by levelling up in a scary place.)

If we're looking at cute little rodents, then we're talking... Ash Rat (Fire), Moon Rat (Normal, maybe Normal/Fairy), maybe Gravorg (not actually that small?)

What other things fit these categories? Do we have something that fits the crossover area?
Count Arioch the 28th wrote:There is NOTHING better than lesbians. Lesbians make everything better.
Thaluikhain
King

Re: It's Electric! (Does D&D have a Pikachu?)

Post by Thaluikhain »

Storm giants?
Lord Charlemagne
1st Level

Post by Lord Charlemagne »

MM 3 has the shredstorm, which is pretty much just a fancier storm elemental, but it exists.

There are a ton of 3.x constructs that have electric abilities stapled on to them. I recall the MM2 having several of them.

The Zeugalak is an electric themed demon/devil & has the classic teleport with a bolt of lightening ability.

The closest I could find to a small electric rodent is the zap crab, which was a small vermin that appeared in an online wizard article.
Online copy of it that I found: http://rpg.nobl.ca/archive.php?x=dnd/psb/20030523f
Wiseman
Duke

Post by Wiseman »

There's also the thunderbird for zapdos.

https://www.realmshelps.net/monsters/block/Thunderbird
Keys to the Contract: A crossover between Puella Magi Madoka Magica and Kingdom Hearts.
RadiantPhoenix wrote:
TheFlatline wrote:Legolas/Robin Hood are myths that have completely unrealistic expectation of "uses a bow".
The D&D wizard is a work of fiction that has a completely unrealistic expectation of "uses a book".
hyzmarca wrote:Well, Mario Mario comes from a blue collar background. He was a carpenter first, working at a construction site. Then a plumber. Then a demolitionist. Also, I'm not sure how strict Mushroom Kingdom's medical licensing requirements are. I don't think his MD is valid in New York.
Thaluikhain
King

Post by Thaluikhain »

Oh, dragonborn who are associated with dragons that are associated with lightning.